Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am a 39 years old women. Married from last 5 months. Since 1 week suffering from vaginal dryness. Itching n burning after intercourse. We use condoms each time of intercourse. All started after 7 days of my period was over n contact happened. Doc please prescribe some medicines to get rid of it. Thankyou.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
Still not convinced. Newly married couples who want to avoid pregnancy in early days. How they should enjoy the intimacy without condom. Kindly advice is there any alternative? Like period method but not 100% sure. If we follow this natural technique and got pregnant when or what is the latest time we can know about pregnancy and take some measures like contraceptive pills to avoid.
I was heaving an irregular periods from this Feb. Gyn has checked and advice me that I need to go to ultrasound. In ultrasound the endometrium thickness was 15.5. Doctor advice me to take Sysron for 21 days. In April the period came fine for 4 days and again doctor advised Sysron for 21 days now I got my period on time but bleeding only happen for 2 days in 2 day night it stops and in 3 day afternoon it again started low but not as regular period. I have done the ultrasound and the endometrium thickness us 6.5. Pls advice why I am not having regular period flow.
Hello Doctor I'm 18 Doctor I am having problem with my periods I get less blood on first day second day is heavy and third day it's like small drops and that's it. I'm not getting my period like the others who get heavy flow for 5-6 days. Please suggest me some medication.
I am feeling some hardness in my breasts Upon consultation with doctor she said after marriage it vanishes Is it ok.
Two days back I did sex with her without any contraceptive method I have a doubt that she will get pregnancy how to avoid that pregnancy tell me about any medicines names.
I got married in march 2015 and my wife elder then me her age 38 and i am 26 age we both decided to have a child is there any problem for her because I love her so much.
Hi I'm 32 yrs & I had 3 misscariage,now I'm pregnent with 3 month baby last I had 5 month misscariage due to heavy bleeding,this time also bleeding started after 2 months,I did all test nothing is found .Im scared upto how many months bleeding will continue.My doctor advice me bed rest but I'm still worried about the bleed.Kindly help me I had taken conslatation from 3 doctors but still I'm not satisfied,bcos they are not able to explain about reason .Kind help thanks
Hello Team, We are trying for a baby from the past 5 months. Our Gynecologist suggested for going through follicular study 2 times but that didn't yielded the result infact she find everything fine in terms of Egg size, Egg getting ruptured etc then she asked for few tests TB PCR, AFB Stain, AFB Culture, HPE Small Biopsy, Gene Expert and all of them are negative. Now she has asked my wife to come over again after few days as she would like to check the tubes. Could anyone suggest if we are on right track. We are having a 6 years old daughter who was conceived without any issue. She was even given birth as a normal delivery. Why are we having so much trouble with our 2nd baby. Do you think we should try for more months as 5 months isn't appropriate period of giving up hopes so far we have tried having relation ship on the dates as suggested by our doctor only still we are having no result. My wife is having Folvite tablet is there anything else which you suggest.
I had sex with my girlfriend last 15 days ago we had sex without protection but before I cum I remove it I thing so but after that she missed her periods and than now her periods come back and she is bleeding also. Is she pregnant?
Hello sir, I had unprotected sex on 16 and my period date was on 25 buw got my period on 20 and it lasted for five days with some small blood clots .first day and second day was medium flow third day to some extent medium and day fourth low and day five normal spotting cn I be expecting Nd still any chances of pregnancy?
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
One of the effects of pregnancy is lowered libido. Pregnancy can tire out a woman and put a hold on her relationship with her partner. Even after the baby is born, a woman may not feel inclined to have a sexual relationship with her partner. Though this is normal, it can lead to problems in your relationship. Hence it becomes important to put in an effort towards maintaining intimacy with your partner in a relationship. Here are a few ways to keep the spark alive:
Find alternative ways of staying close: Having intercourse when you have no desire for it makes it a chore. Instead of having sex for the sake of it, find other ways to be intimate. For example, you could take a shower together or massage each other. Being physically intimate can also be as simple as holding hands or touching your partner when you walk past them. A quick hug before leaving the house for work in the morning is also a good idea.
Communicate openly: A woman is not the only person hesitant about sex when pregnant or caring for her newborn. Men may also feel hesitant to initiate sex in the fear of hurting his woman. Many men also become extra gentle with regards to their partner when she is pregnant. Hence, it becomes important to communicate openly and share your feelings and thoughts. Do not be afraid to tell your partner when you feel uncomfortable about your body or when your libido surges suddenly.
Do something together: It is easy to get overwhelmed with preparing for a baby or looking after one. However, it is important to set some time aside for an activity that both of you can do together. It could be as simple as drinking a cup of tea together in the morning, solving a crossword puzzle or watching a television show at before going to bed. The idea is to give each other attention for at least a little time every day.
Accept the changes: A woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes when she is pregnant. Do not fight against these changes but accept them as they are and roll with it. Be prepared for breast milk to leak or for a little urinary incontinence. This is normal. It may help to dim the lights while having intercourse or putting down a rubber sheet over the bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.