Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savita Masih
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Savita MasihYour feedback matters!
Pre-term labour, also known as premature labour, is when the body starts getting ready for pregnancy earlier than it is supposed to. The labour starts more than three weeks before the due date is. It can lead to an early birth. However, nowadays, the doctors can do a lot to delay the birth and stop a premature birth from happening.
Here are a few things that can increase your risk of a premature labour:
- Being over or underweight
- Bad prenatal care
- Alcohol abuse or using drugs while pregnant
- Having bad health conditions like hypertension, diabetes
- Being pregnant with twins or multiple babies
The symptoms of a premature labour include:
- A backache, usually in the lower back.
- Contractions with ten-minute intervals
- Cramping in the lower abdomen like during periods
- Leaking of fluid from the vagina
- Feeling nauseous, diarrhoea and flu-like symptoms
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Extreme vaginal bleeding
There are a few ways with which you can check or make sure whether you will be having an early labour or not. These are:
- Put your fingers on your abdomen
- If you feel that your uterus is tightening and relaxing and then tightening again, it is likely that you might be having contractions. You should time your contractions. Write the timings down when each contraction starts.
- Stand up on your feet and change your positions. Try to relax and stop the contractions.
- Drink two to three glasses of water
- Call your doctor immediately if you continue having contractions every ten minutes.
Sometimes women have a harmless false labour. It is called the Braxton hicks contractions. However, these are not a part of the labour. In case you have been diagnosed with pre-term labour, you will need treatment. These usually include:
- IV fluids
- Medicines to stop the labour and relax the uterus
- Medicines to speed up the growth of the baby’s lungs
- Being admitted to the hospital
In case you are unable to stop your labour, the doctor will get ready to deliver the baby. The baby is then taken care of, outside in incubators and then released once it is fully grown and healthy. If a baby is premature and is born early, most of them do well as they keep growing old. However, they do have a higher risk of problems. These might include autism, cerebral palsy, lung problems, vision and hearing loss, and intellectual disabilities. The earlier a child is born; it is more likely that they will face health problems. Therefore, it is very important that the mother, as well as the child, is taken very good care of before and after a pre-term labour or birth. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I want to ask you that Cooper-t is safe and does it have any harm to body or health. I think my wife's health is effected by cooper-t. Please suggest.
I want to know about hymenoplasty surgery and best doctor to consult for the same. I also want to know about the approx cost for surgery.
We are trying for a baby last 1 year. But no result. We did scanning blood test semen count etc .All shows normal result. My last period was on july 5th 2017 and july 11th onwards I had coeadhea plus 75 mg tablet one per day and we are together in July 15 to 28. Normally my period was 30 to 35 days gap. During the medicine time I feel back pain enlargement in breast vomiting headache constipation etc. After completing my tablets on 9th Aug also I feeling back pain and low pain in my abdomen also. I checked pregnancy using one time pregnancy kit on 14 Aug 2017 evening but it shown negative. My periods yet not happened. Is any chance for pregnancy?
Hai, my mother is currently suffering from breast cancer where under several test .Today she got confirmed on additional of tuberculosis when a surgery was performed at her neck side.Can i know what after this,what wud be my mother's upcomming treatment.?
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.