Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savita MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
Sir agar mai cesare delivery k 28 din bad sex kiya to kya paresani ho sakta he jabki sex k dusre din medam ko white sa kuchh liquid type nikla.
As per her ultrasound report on 37th week of pregnancy, asymmetrical ugr and left fetal kidney shows hydronephrosis with diameter of renal pelvis of measuring 7-8 mm. Mild increased resistance in umbilical artery. S/D 3.20 (mild increased). Please provide your expert opinion.
My wife's period dated was 14 fab to 23 fab and we sex between 4 to 7 march, can she pregnant? She checked today by pregnancy kit result was negative. M so worried & don't understand we are trying for baby, please help what to do? Still her MC is not coming.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
1. Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
2. Fertility and gynecological disorders
3. Skin problems such as eczema and acne
4. High blood pressure (hypertension)
6. Anxiety and depression
7. Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
Are you a fast-eater? as a child most of us are told to slow down, chew the food well and only then gulp it down. Most of us have been told time and again to slow down and chew while eating. Yet, some people continue with the habit of eating fast. This might change if they knew what their speed of eating can do to their body.
Evils of eating food very fast -
1. Slows digestion - eating and swallowing fast means that the food has not been chewed properly. This delays and complicates the process of digestion. For proper digestion, the food needs to be broken down. Also, when we do not chew properly, the food that goes down the throat, is accompanied by lesser saliva, the enzymes of which are needed for the digestion to begin.
2. Can make you bloated - while eating in a hurry, chances are also there that we swallow air along without food. This makes are bloated and also gives us stomach gas.
3. Makes you eat more - to feel full, the brain and the stomach need to be at the same page to emit the signal of fullness. However, if you don't chew and just swallow, the brain-stomach coordination will break and you will end up eating more than what you need to.
4. Leads to weight gain - overeating will lead to problems like weight gain, indigestion, etc.
5. May choke you - more than thirty different muscles are required to swallow and if eating in a hurry, you increase the chance of food going down the wrong pipe, which can choke you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.