Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savana Chongtham
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Savana ChongthamYour feedback matters!
I got married last year in sep 2016 and from that time my wife is not conceiving. We went to doctor we made our all testes evry thing is all right please can you tell us what we will do.
I am 28 yrs old got married 6mths before. Trying to conceive but unable to. My cycle date for this mth was 2nd july. Please let me know the best time to conceive after the cycle. And how frequently we should try for it.
Is their any way to know that my girlfriend had sex with some one else except me in last two months because actually my problem is I work on ship so always have a doubt on this. If I may know how to know it would be very helpful to me.
I am 42 years old female - weight 66 Kg height -5.5 feet. I am a working women. From last one year my periods are very irregular. Earlier it was once in 2 or 3-4 months, now it was last in Jan'16. Is it Menopause. If yes, is it normal, isn't it so early, will I get some problem in old age or now due to early menopause. Moreover, my hunger for food is also reduced. Also, in night, before sleeping I feel too much pain in legs. Please help.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We generally don't advise to immediately discontinue allopathic medicines if you are under treatment for conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, neurological disorders, arthritis, mental disorders and heart diseases. Besides, there is no harm in taking both types of medicines as long as you keep your ayurvedic doctor informed. However, it is important to maintain at least an hour's gap between the two types of medications. In due course of time, depending on your progress, the ayurvedic doctor may reduce the dose of the allopathic medicines. Make sure that you follow any advice or recommendation given by your ayurvedic doctor regarding this process.