Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh VatsYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old male and I have many hairs on body and breads as well but still my voice is like girls. What's the reason behind it? And how can I get normal voice? Please advice.
Famous in Ayurveda as a herb to combat the effects of day-to-day stress, Jatamansi has the property of enhancing the body's innate ability to sleep well. It is considered a divine plant in Ayurveda and has traditionally been used as an air purifier. The Charaka Samhita recommends it highly for insomnia, mental instability and to enhance memory. It is said to promote growth and maintain the color of hair. It is said to be especially useful in calming the aggressive conduct of hyperactive and otherwise disturbed children. True Spikenard, the Biblical Spikenard, a strong sedative related to Valerian, can relax mental over-stimulation, promote healthy sleep and calm the overly active mind, and its roots are a well know tranquilizer, an infusion of the root often being given in hysteria, heart palpitations, menopause, and various nervous diseases.
In terms of Jatamansi's energetics, its medicinally useful rhizome (root) and the root's oil are bitter, astringent and sweet in taste, with a cooling virya and a pungent vipaka. Its doshic signature is KPV.
Jatamansi enters into the rakta and majja dhatus and the rasavaha and raktavaha, anavaha, majjavaha, pranavaha and shukravaha srotam, and counteracts the effects of stress, having both antispasmodic and generally calmative actions.
Among its many indications it has been found useful in the treatment of digestive diseases generally, flatulence, hypercholesterolemia, heart palpitations, the effects of nervous and emotional upset, hypochondria (somatizing disorder), jaundice, kidney stones, respiratory diseases generally, skin conditions generally, typhoid, seminal debility, spasmodic hysterical states, epilepsy, convulsions, tension headache, insomnia, ADHD, febrile delirium, delirium tremens and senile dementia. Jatamansi's pharmacologic activities include those of an analgesic, both a stimulant and a sedative (a surprising combination of seemingly contradictory properties, quite like ashwagandha with which it is often found in formulation), antiarrhythmic, hypotensive, calmative, tonic, antispasmodic, diaphoretic, an alternative for syphilitic, cutaneous and rheumatic cases, a promoter of hair growth, and an antioxidant.
Its use is contraindicated in pregnancy, and daily dosage varies from 3 to 5 grams daily of the churna.
I am 25 years old boy . I am heavily emotional and sensitive type don't speak too much with others and at the same time I will quickly get angry within 5 sec even for small matters and later feel regret and start crying for the issues . Where I need to consult a psychiatrist for the anger management or I will get cure by medicines.
My friend is suffering from severe stress due to personal tensions. How to relieve her stress levels.
Sir, My sex power get lower due psychiatric drugs taken for OCD now I Quit the drugs and now problem is reduce .How many time will it get to completely resolve the problem. I had taken it for 8 years of low dose.
How to overcome of smoking habits? He is taking six cigarettes in a day some time more then. Snoring badly while sleep.
I am diabtic since 2005 along with high bp from 1992 and also suffering from anxiety. My sugar level fbs around 200 pp280. I am taking 1. Glimaday forte-bd 2. Galvas met -bd 3. Roseday -10 at night. Some times sugar level comes to normal level & sometimes high. Please suggest me. My age is -45.
Hi! I am 21 years old and I have been smoking for past 3 years. I started with 2-3 cigarettes a day then near to a packet. Now I have reduced it to 2-3 again. Is there any way that I can detoxify my body completely and quit smoking?
I lost somebodyclose last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Hi, Please suggest me best medicines for treatment of OCD sexual thoughts problem among these----- Chlorofranil 25 mg, cap prodep 25 mg, toficalm 40 mg which medicines will work fast and tell me only the list of best medicine if you know very well about this problem please tell some other medicines.
Having a healthy brain is equally important as is staying physically fit. Good mental health is absolutely essential. Apart from regular exercises there are certain foods also which can help you to maintain good mental health. Below mentioned are few foods, essential for having a healthy brain:
- Include Fish in your Diet: If you are a non- vegetarian then include oily fishes like salmon, sardines in your diet. These fishes are replete with omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. All these are essential for the brain to function efficiently.
- Munch on Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E can help you prevent your brain from Alzheimer’s disease. Nuts are also beneficial for elderly people and can help them combat the problem of memory loss.
- Keep Preparations with Green Leafy Vegetables on your Menu: Vegetables like cabbage; broccoli is abundant in anti-oxidants. Broccoli is also a good supplement for Vitamin K. These help to develop your memory and also keep brain diseases like Alzheimer's, Dementia at bay.
- Have a Sweet Tooth for Blueberries: This fruit is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin C and K. It helps to deal with problems like memory loss, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Add Eggs to your Breakfast Menu: Eggs are rich in choline and also protein. It acts as a very good food for developing a healthy brain.
- Get Addicted to Avocadoes: Avocadoes help to tackle problems like hypertension, blood pressure and also help in smooth flowing of blood. They also contain Vitamin K and C which help in memory development.
- Go for Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour, flour, oatmeal provide energy to your brain. They supply glucose and are thus considered to be very good brain foods.
The above mentioned foods are easily available and can help you to develop a healthy brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have problem in study. Whatever I study or read I forget half thing nd remember half of the things which I have studied. Suggest me something so that I can remember whatever I have studied.
An intense fear for anything is called as phobia. Fear and phobia are different to explain in simple terms person feeling anxious and nervous while doing something is fear and failure to attempt to do the work and staying back is phobia. In phobia they have intense fear that make the person to always keep away from exposing to the situation.
The most common symptoms of phobia are:
Trembling or shivering and shaking of body.
Rapid breathing or sometimes difficulty in breathing
Increased heart rate and chest tightness.
Hot or cold flushes
Psychological or emotional effects include:
Anxiety and fear
Detachment from self and environment
Looking for ways to escape from facing the situation
Going crazy or sometimes even loss of control
Overacting to avoid facing the situation.
Consider for treatment and self help of phobia if you have most of the above symptoms in an extreme state. Intense fear, anxiety, interference or avoidance of normal routine and phobia for at least more than 6 months needed to be treated with utmost care.
Treatment and Self help:
Identify your fear level and intensity really helps you to work for the ways to relieve from phobia. Identify the symptoms you experience during fearful situation and work on it to overcome the symptoms.
Learn and practice deep breathing relaxation technique and practice to do few simple deep breathing relaxation exercises.
Face the negative thoughts with courage. In phobia you may overestimate the fearful situation and underestimate your potential to overcome it. Challenge your negative thoughts is the good way of self help.
Make yourself prepared and expose yourself to the fearful situation.
Frame your frame ladder and try to climb each ladder with utmost care and confidence.
- Practice regularly. The more you practice exposing to the situation sooner you get relieved from the fear and phobia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a decent student and have scored well in my school and college days. But I have a problem that when I give any maths competitive exam, even though how hard I have prepared I am not able to solve the questions in stipulated time as I become nervous and my hands begin to tremble. However the same paper I can solve easily at home. Please suggest how to overcome this exam fear or anxiety as I am underperforming due to fear.
I am 21 yeas old. I am very poor in communication due to the feeling of insecurity and feeling that I don't have proper background in communication. This feeling was increasing day by day as I want to reduce it. Kindly provide a solution for this.
My mother name is kanchan devi. She is 35 years old. She is suffering about 3-4 years. Depression ? dry, scaly skin ? fatigue or a feeling of sluggishness ? hair loss ? increased menstrual flow (women) ? intolerance to cold temperatures ? irritability ? muscle cramps ? slower heart rate ? weakness ? weight gain ? low body temperature ? dulled mental processes ? congestive heart failure, a condition where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the body's needs ? increased heart rate with abnormal rhythm or pounding (palpitations) ? high blood pressure ? increased body temperature (feeling unusually warm) ? increased sweating ? clamminess ? feeling agitated or nervous ? tremors in the hands ? feeling of restlessness even though the person is tired or weak ? increased appetite accompanied by weight loss ? interrupted sleep ? frequent bowel movements, sometimes with diarrhea ? puffiness around the eyes, increased tears, sensitivity to light, or an intense stare ? bone loss (osteoporosis) ? stopped menstrual. Can you suggest me which type of doctor have to be treat to my mother. Please suggest which type of specialist be have to meet.
There are days when you wake up but you don’t want to move out of the bed. When your alarm goes off and you open your eyes feeling groggy and disoriented.Times when you accept defeat and stop moving towards what you want to achieve in life. These are just indicators of being low on motivation and lacking will power to chnage things. It’s more psychological than physical. Follow these simple tips, to come out of your cocoon and boost your willpower.
Try these four ways to up your willpower.
1) Meditate - Meditation is the key to unleashing your powers, especially willpower. Practicing mindfulness, even for few minutes a day can help in boosting your willpower.
2) Exercise - The magic pill of exercise is another best way to boost your willpower. It is recommended that you exercise for 30 minutes, at least three times a week to ensure that you feel fitter, reduce your anxiety levels and boost your overall willpower to achieve bigger and better things in life.
3) Hold yourself accountable - That’s one of the best ways to boost your willpower. If you hold yourself accountable in your own life, if you know that those reasons of not getting out of the bed are mere excuses, then you would certainly increase your willpower.
4) Set Goals - One of the reasons why people experience a faltering in their will power is the fact that they don’t set their goals. Setting definitive targets is a must.You must ensure that the goal is set with measurable quantities, is specific, attainable, relevant and timely. All of this will certainly help you in enhancing your willpower.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.