Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saurabh Kansal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh KansalYour feedback matters!
I am listen very little and a large bell in ringing in my rich ear and I consul you that what am I doing? And I feel very guilty my listen mistake.
I have hearing loss problem and using hearing aid from last 25 years. How I can improve my hearing capacity ?
Asthma, which occurs in adults and children, is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways characterized by reversible airflow obstruction. The airways become narrow and lungs become inflamed.
Both allergies and asthma runs in families. If you have family history of allergies or asthma, it is more likely that your child will have them.
Signs and symptoms of asthma in children:
Not all children have the same asthma symptoms, and these symptoms can vary from episode to episode in a same child. It’s characteristic features include wheezing (whistling sound when breathing in or out). Frequent coughing spells, which may occur during play, at night, or while laughing and crying etc.; usually, cough is non productive and non-paroxysmal; it may present with wheezing. Other symptoms includes: less energy during play, shortness of breath, tightened chest and neck muscles, feeling of weakness or tiredness.
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Cigarette smoke (including exposure to secondhand smoke)
- Air pollution
- Intense exercise
- Cold air
- Upper respiratory track infections.
Role of homeopathy in asthma in children.
Homeopathy is a system of medicine which tries to cure this disease, instead of trying to provide symptomatic relief. The correct homeopathic remedy can avert an acute crisis, while ongoing treatment will work to clear condition completely.
Homeopathy offers holistic treatment as it goes into root of problem and treat the source.
While dealing with the case of asthma, a homeopath not only records the symptoms of the disease but also studies the medical history, family history, physical and psychological characteristics (temperament) of the person. This helps to find the cause of precipitating factor and the hereditary tendency etc.
Homeopathic medicines for asthma in children:
There are number of medicines in homeopathy for asthma symptoms and it is not possible to list them all here, few leading remedies as follows:
- Natrum sulphuricum: this is a very useful remedy for asthma in both children and adults. There is difficulty in respiration that aggravates in damp, humid weather. There is severe cough that makes the child hold his chest as it hurts to cough. The onset of cold climatic condition triggers the asthma. Expectoration is greenish and copious.
- Tuberculinum: this is a useful remedy for asthma patients as it helps build up the immune system to try to prevent recurrent colds and chest infections which may precipitate asthma attacks.
- Blatta orientalist: this remedy is well suited in asthma symptoms such as aggravation of symptoms on exertion and ascending. Mouldy, damp environments worsen or trigger the asthma attract. There may also be allergy to mounds, mildew and rotting leaves.
- Ipecacuanha: if asthma is associated with nausea or vomiting then ipecacuanha could be indicated. Patient presents with a constant cough with gagging and vomiting. The symptoms are worse in warm humid weather.
- Sambucus niger: this remedy can be helpful particularly in childhood asthma. Especially indicated when asthma attack is worse at midnight. The asthmatic attack with marked perspiration, especially on waking.
- Other remedies includes asr alb, spongia, pulsatilla, sulphur, hyper-sulp, antim-tart etc. Selection of medicine varies from patient to patient. Therefore, it is always recommended to consult qualified homeopath for treating your individual case.