Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Saumitra RawatYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am suffering from severe acidity, gas and some time pain in stomach from the last ten days. Currently taking gelusil and zandu pancharisht. But not get benefited from these medicines. Please give some medicine.
I experienced diarrhea, chilling in stomach, bloating and short term cramp. My doctor tested stool for OPC, CBC, and endoscopy. I have had my endoscopy last week. It shows "mild patchy non erosive antral gastritis" Other tests shows normal. I am feeling better now except occasional chilling and bloating. I have heard this is non curable and have to take medicine for lifetime. Is it really non curable?
I have the acidity and gastric problems. And, most of the time I am taking food at the correct interval. But also I am not able to get rid of this problem. So, what are the things I need to do to get rid of this.
I use to Consume Masala Items a lot but happens to drink more often. This symptom of appearance of blood in the stool occurs once in a while approx. Thrice in a 2 months period. Which gives severe pain in the rectal portion and this became severe now I cannot even sit or walk with my legs in a proper manner. After passing out of the stool I am experiencing allot of pain and swelling sense inside my rectum. I do not have any medical history regarding this issue. But this time it is been 6 days I am suffering this continuously. please suggest me what to do.
My uncle got a stone in his stomach 1 year ago. Doctors have done the operation at that time. But after that he got stomach pain. Now from 1 month he got jorndish now doctor are saying that he has cancer in his penceiyas? So is it possible to get cancer in one year only?
I am having this problem. The problem is, for the past 3 weeks, I have been having trouble with having bowel movements. I'm usually the type to have only a couple a week anyway, but lately it's been nothing. I've tried drinking more water and eating more fiber and it does nothing but make me have to poop but have nothing comes out. At first I thought it was just constipation, but it's been going on for 3 weeks now. So I tried a laxative and it only made me poop 3 three times. What should I do?
Abdominal pain since 4-5 days and also the whole body but specially near left side of the stomach area.
I can't do any thing at the time of pain. And no vomiting, sweating or loose motions happen. Just feel the mild pain in right pain of lower abdomen.
I am 42 years old male and have ulcerative colitis. Was on steroids but they were also not working and presently now on adalimimumab injections. Kindly advise.
I'm having OCD for many years I have identified that it was called" OCD" an year back! But it does not affect my normal life except and ony except my toilet practices! All the time when I go poo I feel like there is still sumthng, and I spend at least half an hour in toilet and I shit less! I have a fear to travel because of this I always think abt my stomach and when i'm thinking I feel so much of gas. I'm tired of this and I wanna get rid of it Is there any simple measures to it which I can do? I just want to be like others.
I have to sit in the toilet for half an hour to defecate completely and I also had to go for two - three times for that. Also, I have cough (khasi) from two to three months, I go to the doctor in aiims but my cough is not cured as yet.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Blood in urine should be taken lightly especially in elderly because the commonest cause of Hematuria after 60 years is urinary bladder cancer.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead, the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.