Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Saumitra RawatYour feedback matters!
My father aged 74 have chronic IBS all test like LFT/colonoscopy is normal. Have pl advise some medicine to taken at night for clear motion and in disturbed sleep due to abdomen bloating.
I am 20 year old. I am female. My stomach is not set all the time I have a problem I can not digest food easily thats why I am too slim and can not eat more things my diet is very little now.
I am diagnosed with gastric Erosions. I am taking Razo (Rabeprazole sodium), which is helping me but from this medication I am getting constipated from last 4-5 days. Constipation is making me feel sick. What should I do, should I stop this medication but this medicine is helping my stomach to heal.
How to avoid the acidity problem if I take more cup of teas. And also the stomach paining because of acidity.
I am 36 years old male I am suffering burning in abdominal and vomiting last 1 months. It's stomach cancer?
Sir I am suffering from recurring parasitic infection .I had take zentel tablet for 3 days for infection. Now I done have digestion problem. After how many days can I take zentel tablet to prevent recurring parasitic infection.
I am suffering from heart burn and gastritis from 1 year and have h pylori infection which I medicated with sompraz hp form 2 week dosage, but my heartburn/gas and fatigueness is not going away and I am unable to sleep at night. Please help.
When I am eating junk foods n oily things from outside n then nxt day I will be suffering frm fever acidity headache etc so I wnt a reason for it plzzz help me.
I have gastric problem from 2 years and air is always going out automatically in motion passing place and it's very difficult for me to go motion. I have to go 4 times motion per day suggest me the tablets which cures within 1month.
I am 46 yr. Old Man and have Gastric Problem of last one year I have used the Many Medicine Proscribe by Dr. Last two- three month but have not got a relief what should do now, Please ask me Proper Treatment. Not - am sugar Pt. Already.
My mother is 42 years old and as she was unwell for someday she consulted a doctor after which the doctor said that she has fat in her liver. What remedies she can do to reduce it.
In may, 2012 I got admitted in hospital dew to gastric ulcer. Now I am suffering from hyper gastric. Whenever I eat some thing unsuitable food or if my eating timing is mistimed my upper belly start feeling like burning from inside and after that I am not able to eat anything until I took any medicine like omez, pan40 etc. Please suggest.
One of the most common problems with the gastrointestinal system, peptic ulcers occur when the lining of the stomach - the esophagus or the small intestines, gets damaged. The damage occurs due to the development of sores on the lining which may be due to inflammation caused by certain bacteria, or due to erosion caused by the stomach acids. This can be a very painful disorder and end up severely limiting your life. Peptic ulcers can cause intense abdominal pain, vomiting nausea, indigestion and sudden unexplained weight loss.
The Homeopathic Approach to Curing Peptic Ulcers
The treatment of peptic ulcers in conventional medicine primarily revolves around the treatment of symptoms. The symptoms may be suppressed for some time but eventually come back sooner or later. This results in a vicious cycle where the treatment becomes less and less effective over time. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has an approach of trying to correct the problems from the root and over time, remove the very cause that results in the problem. Some of the things a homeopathic doctor may ask you would include –
- Family history of ulcers
- General health history of the family to determine hereditary health problems
- Physical characteristics
- Psychological tendencies and likes and dislikes among other information
Homeopathy takes into account not just the symptoms but the general constitution of the patient as well. This helps not only cure the ulcers but also the pre disposition to developing it again.
Effective Homeopathic Medications
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which are specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medication in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different area of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsens the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indication wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constrictive may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.