Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satyawati DeviYour feedback matters!
The first question when you greet somebody is 'how are you' and this often refers to our state of well-being. While most answers would be great, awesome or good, we usually think of how we are doing physically. While some of us may talk about physical conditions (say things like feverish, have a cold, etc.), not many would think of talking about mental health conditions. However, mental health is very important for overall well-being.
Can you think of someone who is severely depressed or anxious all the time and have a good physical health? Chances are very bleak, and if you consider the overall health as a mix of mental and physical balance, this is not possible. Read on to understand how important mental health is and why you should start paying more attention to it.
- Improved physical health: If someone is in a stressed state, it is obvious that they would not be able to do the activities they enjoy. Being affected mentally also leads to reduced immunity and sleep disturbances, making the person prone to infections and other disorders. Stress is one of the main risk factors for chronic medical conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
- Improved prognosis: Most often, doctors focus on treating the physical aspects of a person’s health. However, with recent emphasis on mental health, more and more doctors are looking at wholesome measures to improve a person’s health. Results show that when a person’s mental health is also addressed, the physical ailments respond very well.
- Improved productivity: People with unattended mental health disorders often resort to absence from work and/or school, can have financial instability, be homeless and can fall repeatedly. Being mentally healthy provides overall changed perspective of life and therefore improves productivity.
- Improved personal relationships: Children of people affected with mental illness are prone to neglect, abuse, rejection, and behavioural issues. There is also social isolation, which may lead into adulthood, and these children may also have emotional health problems. Others in the close circle including spouses, siblings, parents, close friends and colleagues would be clearly affected by a person who is mentally unhealthy.
- Social effects: These people are highly prone to social crimes like rape, murder, theft, violence, etc. They may not be able to afford their treatment and/or resort to these crimes to assert themselves.
- Improved quality of life: Life expectancy is higher in people who are mentally healthy. Even with mild symptoms of anxiety and depression, this is reduced, and the chances of a happier, healthier life are reduced.
Whatever the effect, mental health needs to be addressed as equally as we do physical problems, using medications, counselling, or lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am gay I wanna excite my straight friend to be have wild n hard Sex with me tonight I want good relationship with him please suggest me any medicine.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi nowadays am not interested in anything feeling confused always negative thoughts comes on my mind my hubby is a very strict person he spends little time with me he always used to watch TV at bedroom too he has no personal words to say with me at bed time no loving words no romance always he shouts me on simple matters lost intimacy with him I started to hate him now days I hate talking with others am stopped loving him waiting for him not even ready to wait for his phone calls those things made me feel badly fed up with my marriage life only think i do with interest is using social network who ever talks favor for me at social networks am getting impressed on him those thoughts make me more depressed abt my marriage life .Please help me to get back to my marriage life.
Hello sir, m 24 year old guy, actually my main problem is excess of sleeping hr, feeling tired all the time , unable to concentrate. Etc. I need medical advice .would you please help me.
Today been diagnosed with bipolar and now have to stop taking cit and start on new meds so the journey begins all over again and still off work so all in all the mountain summit is getting further away.
I love a girl who is a friend of mine but I don't know she loves me or not. So many time I scolded her but still she is still with me how can I know she also wants me or not and how can I get rid of addiction of her text.
I am not getting concentration on studies but exams r coming soon , I am forgetting Wht iam studying ? Now I am 19 years of age.
First I do not get erection. Even if comes I not sustain. Formation of steam is very very low. I feel sexy but do happen. Feel very disappointed. Hv negative feel for sex. Like I can not do any solution. Suggest.
Since my Girlfriend betray with me, im forgetting everything during my work time, even facing to remember other person name, Please help me,
Hello. My age is 24 years and I am a student of CA final and I have failed in my exams 5 times and I am very much disappointed due to this. My problem is that I can't concentrate properly on my work. Even when I sleep at night my mind keeps on thinking or sometimes sings a song and continuously repeat the same and I can't sleep properly. I am facing this problem from last many years. Due to this I can't study properly and also it is affecting my work at office. Please tell me if I am suffering from any mental problem and also suggest me some treatment to overcome the same.
I am 16 years boy and I am suffering from severe depression .it seems my brain stopped working and also symptoms are like loss of interest, lack of thoughts, feelings,imagination .even I am not able to express my emotions. Its like my gone empty. There is no single thought even. I have lost my interest. I want to know that whether this is depression .or anything else like psychosis, or schizophrenia, or any other bipolar disorder.
Respected doctors I am facing severe obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms since April. Unable to concentrate on studies. I have lost about 7 kgs of weight. It is also cause sleeplessness and is disturbing my mental peace. Please help me get out of this.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
We all have times is life when we feel sad and low. Is that a disease and does it require treatment? how to differentiate that sad feeling with depression? this is the question that comes to our mind which leads us to seek treatment from a doctor.
Depression is basically a disorder of mood where there is an reduction of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Lack of sunlight, stressfull events such as child birth, illness, divorce, work tensions, bereavement, pain, lack of intimate relationships etc can all lead to depression.
To be classified as depression the following symptoms must be present for at least 2 weeks.
Loss of interest or pleasure in anything including what you used to enjoy before.
Sleep disturbances including early wakening, excessive sleeping or inability to sleep.
Ideas of guilt or worthlessness
Decrease or increase in appetite
Inability to concentrate
Slow and sluggish thought process and movements.
As you can notice all these symptoms effect our normal daily functioning and hence requires immediate attention. Suicidal risk in particular is an emergency and needs hospitalization.
The treatment depends on the condition of the patient and there are several options. Nowadays being depressed has become a cool thing and people take antidepressants" happy pills" by themselves. This is not a healthy thing to do. You must consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated before you take any medicines.
Please feel free to ask me a private question if you need further information.