Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Satya BansalYour feedback matters!
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments.
Good health is a big issue in our sedentary lifestyles and whenever a person thinks about getting back in shape, the key areas he/she focuses on is nutrition and exercise. However, there are a number of other areas which are deeply linked to our general well-being and these are often overlooked. Here are the four additional health areas which play an important role in keeping you fit and healthy:
1. Effective Stress Management
A majority of people believe that their daily exercise regime also simultaneously acts as their stress buster. However, exercise only stimulates the sympathetic nervous system of the brain. In order to elicit a response from the parasympathetic nervous system; you need to indulge in certain relaxing activities such as meditation, listening to music, yoga etc.
2. Healthy Sleep Pattern
Maintaining a healthy sleep pattern is a must, as sleep deprivation greatly alters your hormones and results in an increased caloric intake. It has been proven to alter the hormones ghrelin and leptin, which ultimately leads to obesity. Moreover, prolonged exposure to artificial light hinders the functioning of the scn (suprachiasmatic nucleus); the part of brain responsible for maintaining a 24-hour cycle for the hormones of your body.
3. Building Social Relationships
Meeting friends and family regularly, chatting with them and spending time with them is as important as exercising or having a proper diet. The release of oxytocin, an immunoregulatory hormone, has been linked to social interactions.
4. Adequate Dose of Vitamin D
Although it is well-known that vitamin d helps build immunity against certain diseases such as cancer, heart problems and osteoporosis; it has been found that it may also play an important role in controlling our dietary habits. Research has shown that vitamin d regulates your consumption of food by acting as an energy homeostatic hormone present in the hypothalamus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello dr. I am 25yr old. My name is shivanj. Actually dr. Meri shadi ko nov mein 2yr ho jayenge. Aur mein mere hubby baby planning kr kre h. But kuch ho nhi rha. But abhi mujhe date nhi aayi nd blood spot bhi kl aaya thoda as. Pain bhi kafi hua. And aaj thoda aur jyada blood aaya. To kya pregnant mein hun. Because dr. Mujhe pcos hai.
Hello doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have pain in my breast. Which started from left breast. Now the nipples in my left breast pain and prick when I raise my hands. And my right nipple pain when touched .i missed my periods for than one month. And I'm not pregnant. What may be the reason behind it.
Pippali churna (piper longum)
Used in chronic fever, anaemia, spleenomegaly, rheumatism, sciatica, rasayana, gout, paralysis.
Dose 1-3 gm with honey and gur 1: 2 ratio