Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish ManjulYour feedback matters!
She is 30 years old having 6 years old daughter. Suffering from high heels pain. Some swelling also in her heels.
my 3 month baby sufferred by right para hipocampal ischemic .daily 7 to 8 times seizures will came, what is the treatement please tell me
My baby, who is 2 months old now, was fair when she was born. But now her skin is becoming darker. Pls help me to make my baby look fair.
My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and she is very stubborn. She got recently stomach ache and feeling pain near urethra while urinating. Has rashes like round patches and itching on some of her body.
Hi sir i my baby is 2 years old, she is having sever constipation problem. She always crying while doing poop. Please suggest me what to do ,which food /fruit is helpful , doctor suggest me EVQ Q but it doesnt work ,
My elder daughter is 8 years old. She do bed wetting in the night daily. Is it normal? What do you suggest to cure this ?
Baby bottle syndrome is a decay that affects the milk teeth in children who fall asleep with a bottle containing sugary drinks. Prolonged contact between the liquid and the surface of the teeth promotes the destruction of tooth enamel.
Causes and symptoms
The symptoms of baby bottle tooth decay are discoloration of the tooth (enamel), with the formation of yellow or black spots on the surface.
When a child falls asleep with a bottle containing sugary liquids such as milk, fruit juice, sugar water, or with a pacifier dipped in honey or syrup - bacteria present in the mouth, (streptococcus mutans to be precise) transform the sugar into lactic acid.
Normally, the saliva helps to neutralize this acidity, but its production declines during sleep. Thus, teeth are subjected to acid attacks that promote the formation of cavities. As milk teeth are weaker than permanent teeth, decay can be quick with enamel getting hit first, then dentin and finally the pulp in the centre of the tooth.
At this stage, the infection can spread rapidly to other teeth, causing significant pain when the dental abscess formation often requires removal of the damaged teeth.
To avoid it, the first thing to do of course is to stop giving your child a sweetened drink at night or when putting the child for a nap. You should also brush your baby's milk teeth twice a day, especially at bedtime with a cotton swab and water and in a year - with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
In case, the teeth are already decayed or you have doubts about it (staining of the tooth that becomes pink or white can be the harbinger of decay), consult a paediatric dentist immediately. Decayed milk teeth may lead to deformation of the permanent teeth if not attended to immediately.
Hello sir I am 23 year old, mother of 11 month old baby. (feeding stage) Day by day my weight loss. What is remedy? Any Ayurveda methods.
Hiii doctor My baby boy is approximately 4 months old. I want to asked you that in this hot weather can we give water to the baby or not. please tell me.
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
I am 25 years old .I have one year old child nd hi depends on breast feed. After delivery my wait is put on so what can I do to reduce my weight My baby is also do breast feed.
My child is 3 yrs and 3 months old age can understand everything but she speak not as much as other kids do. Kindly help thanks.
Dear doctor, my baby (daughter) is 7 months old. She only likes to take her mother's milk. Her mother was having sufficient milk earlier. But now she is not having like before. It seems that she is loosing weight, though her activities are normal and spontaneous. We have tried to give her baby foods like cerelac, lactogen etc. But she hates all these. What should I do? Please suggest. Thanks.
My baby is vomiting immediately after breast feeding. Why this happening? Is this cause any problem?
Many patents call a child stubborn if he does not obey instantly. He may be engrossed in a game which he does not want to leave. A child's stubbornness or refusal to cooperate may stem from too many orders,too many demands and the attitude. ' I have said so, and you shall do it. A little laxity will help a lot and the child will cooperate mist of the time if he is not disciplined too much.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.