Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Kumar SethiYour feedback matters!
I need some information. I have connection with married women. While doing sex. I used condom in between it was cut. She don't have any medical issue. There is any problem for me, I am feeling fear. Please help me out regarding this issue.
My wife had help syndrome in first pregnancy that is jaundice and bleeding problem how much is the chance for her getting it in 2 pregnancy?
Hi, please help me to decide what is the correct time for intercourse for pregnancy as my wife had her period on 29 apr 16. And the things to keep in mind at the time of intercourse?
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
Travelling during pregnancy - Is it safe?
Pregnancy places some restrictions on the expectant mother, and one of them is limiting travel so much so that most women do only the required and essential commutes and skip any other travel, including vacations and business travel, completely until delivery. However, with the lifestyle changing for the woman so radically, this is being revisited. The doctor’s current advice is that unless there are potential complications expected or significant concerns, it is completely safe to travel.
The first trimester especially is a little tricky for travel, with the morning sickness. The second trimester is considered more ideal for travel, as the morning sickness and the feeling of being pregnant is sunk in, so the mother is comfortable. The third trimester is fine too, but the chances of fatigue are higher, and so travel is better avoided.
Read on to know some significant things to remember whether you are on a plane, train, or road during your pregnancy.
- Always buckle yourself up as soon as you enter the car. Use both the seat belt and the lap belt.
- Keep the air bags turned on.
- Try to avoid travel time of four hours at a stretch.
- When stopping for breaks, try to walk around a bit and stretch so that you do not feel the strain of sitting for long hours.
- Most airlines allow women to travel during the first eight months of pregnancy.
- Some airlines do allow for travel during the ninth month, if the doctor approves it, or if there is an attendant with the expectant woman.
- It is okay to walk through airport screening during pregnancy. There are some women who are apprehensive about this aspect.
- Similarly the cabin pressure in the commercial planes reduces, but does not bear any significant impact for a pregnant woman.
- Select an aisle seat, as it allows for easy seating and getting up.
- Walking to the restroom and back should be carefully managed. The aisle is quite narrow and care must be taken to avoid hurting yourself.
- Use the seats for providing support when walking through the aisle.
- Especially, in turbulent stretches, try remaining seated, bearing in mind the safety aspects for yourself and the baby.
- Traveling by bus is safe, but trips to the restroom would be difficult.
- Trains are generally considered safer, as there is a lot of room for movement. Restrooms are available anytime, which is another major advantage.
- Sea travel is also considered safe, but sea sickness could add to the nausea.
- For long-term sailing, check with the cruise provider or the boat facility about availability of a healthcare provider on the ship. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor, I am 24 years female. My vagina is getting reddish and itching sometimes. While doing sex its hurting. My husband's penis is also getting red inside surrounded by some white discharge after intercourse with me. And he is also feeling itchy around his penis head. How to stop this problem.
Me and my husband had sex fa 2 months now I'm not becoming periods I don't need a baby soon because of our financial problems please suggest some tablets without any effects for next baby.
I have missed my period by 6 days. I doubt about my pregnancy. I have tested at home through prega news kit. It shows 1 dark line and one very light pink line. What does it mean?
Uterine cancer of cancer of the uterus is a fairly common type of cancer. In fact, this is the fourth most common type of cancer to affect women. This type of cancer is usually diagnosed in its early stages and hence can be easily treated. However, did you know that this type of cancer can be prevented? This is primarily because most cases of uterine cancer are caused by an increased amount of estrogen as compared to progestin. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Birth control pills: The regular use of birth control pills for at least a year is believed to reduce the risk of uterine cancer by at least 50%. The longer these contraceptives are used for, the more effective they are. The protection provided by them lasts for 15 years after their use has been discontinued.
- Reduce weight: Being overweight not only increases the risk of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure but can also increase a woman’s risk of suffering from uterine cancer. This is because fat cells produce estrogen that further dis-balances the estrogen to progestin ratio. Reducing weight can thus help lower the estrogen levels in the body and prevent cancer. To lose weight, one must keep a strict control over portion sizes, eat nutritious food and exercise regularly.
- Use an IUD: Some methods of contraception not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but also reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Many IUDs or Intrauterine Devices contain progestin. This helps balance the estrogen and progestin levels in the body. Additionally, it also reduces the risk of hyperplasia. This is a condition marked by the abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus. In many cases, this condition is a precursor to uterine cancer.
- Question Your Family: Genetics can also influence the risk of developing uterine cancer. For example, people carrying the gene responsible for Lynch Syndrome or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer have a much higher risk of uterine cancer as compared to others. Thus, if you know of family members who have suffered or are suffering from uterine or colon cancer, it is a good idea to undergo genetic testing.
- Broccoli - A super food: Some foods can also help strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Broccoli is one such vegetable. This is known as a super food that can prevent cancer. The best way to eat broccoli is by steaming it. This has the higher amounts of glucosinolate as compared to fried or boiled broccoli. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
My lmp jan: 27 th, 13 th day scan follicle 18.5X14mm, 14 thh day HCG injected, 16th day of scan one follicle ruptured other 2 are RO14X11mm, LO 17X14mm in ovary. 17th day I cannot able to intercourse. How many days stay in egg? When is most conceivable day of mine?
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.