Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Kumar SethiYour feedback matters!
Hi, this question is for my friend. She got her periods on 9th August so her next date was 9th September. She had unprotected intercourse on 11th and 12th of august which is supposed to be a safe day. She did not get her periods on 9th of september so she underwent hCG blood test on 21st September. And the result was negative (beta level less than 2). But till now she has not got her periods. What next steps should be taken to get ensured 100% she is not pregnant? Please guide.
I am 27 years age I am suffering from Urethris and Crystis I consultant so many doctors my problem not better than cure. Please best medicine for me I cure the health.
Description : Planning your pregnancy is the most vital action that you may take for your baby’s health. Similarly, preconception counselling is as vital as your pregnancy. It helps you to devise a plan that can improve your chances of getting pregnant, and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Also, caring for your health before you become pregnant will aid you learn about any risk factors and easily treat any medical problems that you may have before you become pregnant. Proper planning for your pregnancy before you conceive will help you make healthy choices for you and your baby. Preconception counselling plays a crucial role in preparing for your pregnancy. Couples with a history of recurrent early pregnancy loss, counselling is of particular importance because women are invariably more distressed and require reassurance that everything possible is being done to avoid future pregnancy losses.Preconceptional counselling is vital for all women of child bearing age because many pregnancies are unplanned, and risks of complications can be easily minimized by interventions before conception. Benefits of Pre Conceptional Counselling Make better chances for a successful pregnancy Make the body better for the forthcoming pregnancy Reduce risk factors Preferably preconceptional counselling should be done when a women is considering motherhood. The purpose of preconceptional counselling and care is to identify risk factors for adverse maternal or fetal outcome, edify and counsel the patient based on their specific needs, and indulge or stabilize medical conditions prior to conception in order to increase the prospects of successful outcomes. An awareness of the availability & advantages of Klik4cure will go a long way in improving the pregnancy outcome.Delightful pregnancy care commences before pregnancy. For obviously normal, fit couple planning a pregnancy there may be beneficial in discussing this with a specialized advisor. DrDeepika Solge will help you to understand your problems and accordingly can suggest a good treatment to you ensuring a delightful pregnancy further.Ayurveda has mentioned any herbs which can be used before conception to purify our body.
Red meat vs. White meat - what's better for you?
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Hi Agar mai bina protection sex karna chahta hu to kab sex karu ki meri wife pregnent na ho please suggest kijiye sir.
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and married I have so much of interest in sex, but my wife did have a that much of interest we don't have personal issues its a love marriage, at the time of sex she feels so much of pain I am not able to do the sex, that means her Virginia is very tight. I am not able to push into her pussy Is there any medicine for my wife to get a interest in sex. Please help me.
I have sudden breast secretions. Plain discharge from both breasts with slight pain. What do you suggest me?
I have fissure. Do I have to undergo surgery? Is it painful? Wats d time period required for healing post surgery?
I am trying for a baby bt unsuccessful and have irregular period. What is the reason and solution. Help me I am so depressed. 23years old married.
Hi my name is shweta I am 24 years old, from past 3 days I am experiencing pain in my vagina , please help me with this problem.
Addiction not only includes physical things we consume, such as drugs or alcohol, but also includes virtually anything, such abstract things as gambling to seemingly harmless products, such as chocolate, etc. In other words, addiction may refer to a substance dependence (e.g. drug addiction) or behavioral addiction (e.g. gambling addiction).
Causes: There is a link between the repeated uses of an addictive substance and how the human brain experience pleasure, its use has a nice reward, leading to further and more frequent use. The addictive substance, be it nicotine, alcohol or some drug actually causes physical changes in some nerve cells in the brain. After a while, the user of the potentially addictive substance does not get the same pleasure and has to increase the dose, as his/her body's tolerance to it increases. Eventually, the user no longer experiences pleasure from the substance and takes it simply to prevent withdrawal symptoms taking the substance just makes them feel normal. When tolerance increases, the risk of addiction is much greater.
Signs and Symptoms: A person starts to show symptoms when a person takes the substance, such as nicotine , alcohol etc. and has given a serious attempt to stop, but is unable to do so because of the withdrawal symptoms. The body of an addict will go in withdrawal state when once the level of the substance abused is below a certain level. When a person goes in withdrawal state it will show signs, such as craving, bouts of moodiness, bad temper, poor focus, extreme temperament, poor focus, continuous feeling of depression, emptiness, frustration, anger, bitterness and resentment. Apart from these the addict will also display symptoms such as increased appetite, insomnia, constipation,and diarrhea. Withdrawal caused by some substances can also trigger signs like violence, seizures, hallucination, sweating and trembling, etc. However, the addiction continues despite health problem awareness. An addicted person commonly feels they need their drug in order to deal with their problems.
Investigation of Addiction: Blood test is advised to determine whether the substance is still in the blood (whether the substance has been taken recently). DSM criteria for substance dependence that is a patient diagnosed with substance dependence (an addiction) must meet criteria laid out in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association.
What you can do?: Acknowledge the problem and consult for help from an expert. Family members must be supportive in creating a congenial environment for the addicted person.
Role of Homeopathy in Management of Addiction: The first step for the addicted person is to acknowledge that there is a substance dependency problem (addiction problem). The next step is to get help. In most of the world there are several support groups and professional services available. Treatment options for addiction depend on several factors, including what type of substance it is and how it affects the patients. Typically, treatment includes a combination of inpatient and outpatient programs, counselling (psychotherapy), self-help groups, pairing with individual sponsors, and medication.
Talking of medication, Homoeopathy definitely has a major role to play in the de-addiction journey of a 'patient'. Over the years it has been seen that homeopathy has produced tremendous results in such cases. People have approached for quitting alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc. and majority of them have been wonderfully helped by Homoeopathy. Those who haven't achieved desirable results have either lacked willingness or conviction on their own part, or have had a non-congenial and non-co-operative environment at home and work place. For any de-addiction plan to be successful for a patient these 2 factors are the most important. A willing person with a co-operative and supportive environment is much more receptive and responsive to the medical treatment.
The commonest attacking area for any addictive substance is the Central Nervous System (CNS). The substance inhibits the release of neurotransmitters, which are responsible for carrying nerve impulses. Once these neurotransmitters are inhibited in their normal functioning, a person develops delayed nervous responses and irregular nerve impulses leading to addiction. It is a vicious circle. So, as the centre of attack is the CNS, a medical system that boosts and strengthens the CNS would automatically prove beneficial in such dreadful cases. Homoeopathy is that very medical science! The homoeopathic medicines are absorbed through the nerve root endings of the tongue and directly hit the CNS. There are some very powerful Homoeopathic medicines, which have the ability to shake up the CNS and work in a normal manner as it is used to be. These Homoeopathic medicines, thus have the ability to develop control and also the power to abstain from the substance in later stages of the treatment.
But the first and foremost attempt is made to manage the withdrawal symptoms. It is the fear of the withdrawal symptoms only that a patient may lose conviction and confidence in him and give in to the indulgence once again. This is where the role of family and friends also comes in. when the struggle of 1 man becomes fight for the whole team; chances are very high of coming out victorious. There are brilliant medicines in Homoeopathic science, which can help the person in managing and fighting with the withdrawal symptoms with ease. Medicines like Nux vomica, Kali phos., Arsenic Album, Coffea cruda, Aconite, Gelsemium, Argentum nitricum, Ipecac, Acid sulphurosum, Caladium, Daphna indica, Quercus, etc. have proved to be extremely effective in helping a person wean off completely of the addictive substances.
Mind the Mind: Over the past two issues, we took up the burning problem of addiction as a mental illness, explored its, nature and probable causes that go into the making of an addict. The current issue is aimed at spreading awareness about the available evidence based psychological treatments for de-addiction.
- Psychotherapy: Also called as 'talk therapy', is aimed at helping the patient to understand the link between their thoughts, feelings and behaviour so that the maladaptive ones can be replaced with more adaptive and productive processes. Interventions in terms of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Motivation Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Behaviour Therapy are efficient in the treatment of addiction behaviour.
- Craving control: Use of certain medicines and behavioural techniques can help a person deal with the intense feelings of craving when it seems too much to bear. It gives a sense of greater control to the person over the substance, which in turn motivates him/her to stay away from using the substance. Many people report that they tend to continue the abuse the substance since they are unable to handle the period of intense craving, which can come all of a sudden.
- Relapse prevention: Arguably it is the most important component of de-addiction program. Leaving the substance is not that hard, but staying away from it is the most difficult part as reported by many patients with addiction. To ensure that the person stays clean and healthy without the substance, they are taught some techniques like asking for help whenever they feel the need to do the substance or staying away from potentially, dangerous situations, like going to party where alcohol is available. With therapy, the individual gains more confidence in his/her own abilities rather than depending on the substance for facing life situations. In addition to this, they also start enjoying their life without the substance. Both the patient and his/her family play an important part in this process hence they are educated about it and are advised regarding appropriate ways of ensuring sobriety for the patient.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): It is a self-hellp group in which ex-alcoholics come together and share their experiences, for instance how they got into drinking, how it affected their life and now how they are maintaining their sobriety. These are mostly weekly sessions and have been found to be very effective in supporting the recovery of alcoholics to stay motivated and be clean without the use of alcohol. Similar to AA, there is NA (Narcotics Anonymous for drug addicts) and Al-Anon (for the family members and friends of problem drinkers).
- Yoga and exercise: A healthy daily routine with yoga or regular exercise promotes feelings of general well-being and ensures healthy mind and body. It detoxifies the body faster and even helps in recovering from the damage caused due to excessive substance use.
- Social skill training: An important aspect for being away from drugs/alcohol is the ability to say NO to such offers from others. Assertive behaviour, healthy communication pattern and good problem solving ability are skills that are taught to assist the person to stay healthy without feeling the need to take the substance.
One of the simplest, yet very powerful principles of staying healthy is 'ONE DAY AT A TIME'! Instead of making any long-term plans for staying sober, which might seem over-whelming and extremely difficult, just plan for that very day and DECIDE to be clean without the substance.
I got married 3 months back but even after marriage I do yoga will that abort a baby formation while doing bends.
White discharge is quite normal but I go through this this almost everyday though not much that I have to use something is this normal? If not what are the remedies to cure? & my weight is just 40 with height 5" 3.
अखरोट, अखरोट के पेड़ का बीज है, जो कि जीनस जुगलों से संबंधित है। ऐतिहासिक रूप से, अखरोट का तेल पेटी, आंतों को शांत करने और दस्त और बवासीर को राहत देने के लिए निर्धारित किया गया था। इसके अलावा लोक उपयोग में रिकेट्स, शीतदंश, और ग्रंथियों की गड़बड़ी का इलाज शामिल है। इसे एक कसैले, टॉनिक पुनस्थापना और निस्संक्रामक के रूप में भी इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।
अखरोट ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड, तांबा, मैंगनीज, मोलिब्डेनम और बायोटिन में समृद्ध हैं। अखरोट में कामोद्दीपक गुण भी है।
अखरोट के लाभ
यहाँ अखरोट के विभिन्न लाभों की एक सूची है:
1. ओमेगा -3 एक बहुत महत्वपूर्ण पोषक तत्व है, जो कई रोगों को रोक सकता है। अखरोट में इन अच्छे वसा का एक उच्च एकाग्रता है, जो हृदय रोगों के जोखिम को कम करता है, बेहतर संज्ञानात्मक कार्य को बढ़ावा देता है और विरोधी भड़काऊ संपत्ति है जो अस्थमा, रुमेटीयड गठिया और छालरोग और एक्जिमा जैसे सूजन से संबंधित अन्य त्वचा रोगों से रक्षा करती है।
2. एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, फिनोल, विटामिन ई, गैलिक एसिड और एलेगिक एसिड जैसे कई पोषक तत्वों से भरा, अखरोट कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर कम कर सकता है।
3. अखरोट में एलेग्जिक एसिड एक एंटीऑक्सीडेंट यौगिक है जो प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को बढ़ा देता है। इसके विरोधी गुण भी खतरनाक बीमारी से लड़ने में मदद करता है।
4. इसमें ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड के उच्च स्तर होते हैं जो मस्तिष्क कोशिकाओं में प्रवेश करने वाले महत्वपूर्ण पोषक तत्वों की प्रक्रिया में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाते हैं, और अपशिष्ट कोशिकाओं को बाहर निकलते हैं।
5. ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड के अलावा जो अनियमित हृदय ताल को रोकता है और रक्त वाहिकाओं में पट्टिका के गठन को नियंत्रित करता है, अखरोट में आवश्यक अमीनो एसिड एल-आर्गिनिन रक्त वाहिकाओं के लोच को सुधारता है। यह विभिन्न अंगों को रक्त की उचित आपूर्ति सुनिश्चित करता है।
6. ओमेगा -3 भी अवसाद को कम करने में मदद करता है इसके अलावा, मैग्नीज के साथ ओमेगा -3 हड्डियों की अच्छी स्थिति बनाए रखने में मदद करते हैं।
7. अखरोट गैस्ट्रोस्टोन को रोकने में भी प्रभावी हैं।
8. मेलाटोनिन जो एक शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सीडेंट है और अच्छी रात की नींद लाती है, जैव-उपलब्ध रूप में अखरोट में मौजूद है।
9. अखरोट प्रोटीन, फाइबर, बी विटामिन और खनिज जैसे लोहा, मैग्नीशियम, फास्फोरस, तांबे और मैंगनीज का एक उत्कृष्ट स्रोत हैं।
10. ये अपने रेचक प्रभावों के कारण कब्ज को कम करने में भी सहायक होते हैं।
11. एलपी (ए) एक लिपिड परिसर है जो रक्त के थक्के को बढ़ाता है और एथोरोसेलेरोसिस और हृदय रोगों के जोखिम को बढ़ाता है। अखरोट शरीर में इस लिपिड यौगिक की मात्रा कम कर देता है।
12. अनुसंधान से पता चलता है कि अखरोट सदाबहार सजीले टुकड़े के गठन का विरोध करके अल्जाइमर रोग के जोखिम को कम कर सकता है।
13. चूंकि अखरोट में विटामिन ए और ई होते हैं, वे त्वचा को मुक्त कट्टरपंथी क्षति से बचाते हैं, इस प्रकार उम्र बढ़ने के लक्षणों को रोकते हैं। इसके अलावा, अच्छा वसा ओमेगा -3 जो अखरोट में हैं, एक पोषित और चिकना रंग बनाए रखने में मदद करते हैं।
14. अखरोट में सूक्ष्म पोषक तत्व होते हैं जो बालों के झड़ने को रोकते हैं।
अखरोट के दुष्प्रभाव
वे कई स्वास्थ्य लाभ प्रदान करते हैं लेकिन, अखरोट हमारे शरीर को नुकसान भी पहुंचा सकते हैं। अखरोट हमारे शरीर को कई तरह से प्रभावित कर सकता है। इनमें से कुछ दुष्प्रभाव नाबालिग हैं, जबकि दूसरों को चिकित्सा ध्यान की आवश्यकता है।
1. व्यापक अध्ययनों से पता चला है कि अखरोट की खपत इसकी उच्च ऊर्जा सामग्री के कारण वजन बढ़ सकती है।
2. कुछ लोगों को अखरोट से एलर्जी की प्रतिक्रिया हो सकती है।
3. अखरोट का अधिक मात्रा में खपत करने से शरीर पर चकत्ते और सूजन हो सकती है।
4. अखरोट की खपत विभिन्न प्रकार की पाचन जटिलताओं का कारण बन सकती है।
5. जो लोग अखरोट एलर्जी से पीड़ित हैं, उनको कुछ गंभीर समस्याओं का भी सामना करना पड़ सकता है । ये लोग गले, जीभ, और यहां तक कि फेफड़ों की सूजन का अनुभव भी कर सकते हैं। इन लक्षणों से साँस लेने में मुश्किल होती है और मृत्यु भी हो सकती है। इस परिदृश्य में शीघ्र चिकित्सकीय ध्यान महत्वपूर्ण है।