Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
Meri fasting ke sugar 102 thi uske baad mane 1 bowl rice liya, 1 glass milk with proteinix ,phir uske 2 hr baad check ke 139 aaye kya mujhe diabites hai agar hai tho kya medicine le please pescribe me.
I have a gall bladder stone, thyroid and pcod. And right now I am taking ayurvedic medicines for gall bladder stone and thyrop for thyroid. No medicines for pcod. Can you suggest me which type of food I should take and a list of food that I need to avoid.
Male 50, History of Diabetes since 10 years. Taking metformin 500 mg. Can anybody suggest ayurvedic medicines. Thank you.
Diabetic hand syndrome or finger joint pain in diabetic patients:
Finger joint pain in diabetic patients is also known as diabetic hand syndrome people suffering with type 1 diabetes are at risk of developing osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the condition where your bone density decreases day by day making you stoop, abnormal body posture, bone pain and risk of fracture even with minor injury. You can prevent this by taking proper healthy food rich in calcium and vitamin d, doing weight bearing exercise and walking to strengthen the bones and joints.
Obesity and damage to the blood vessels and nerves due to abnormal blood sugar causes bones and joint disorder in diabetic patients.
Diabetic arthropathy or charcot joint is the common joint disorder caused to nerve damage in diabetic patients.
Signs and symptoms of diabetic arthropathy are:
- Swelling around the finger jointsyour joints may lose its normal shapeloss of sensation around the affected jointsabnormal sensation like tingling or pricking sensationunable to bear weight
- Timely diagnosis and intervention can definitely prevent further progression.
- Diabetic hand syndrome is a condition in which the skin over the hands become waxy and thick. It also causes the restriction in the joint movements of the hand. This is usually seen in persons with very long standing and untreated diabetes. It is uncommon among general population and exact cause is also not known yet.
- Physiotherapy will definitely improve the condition and prevent further progression.
- Osteoarthritis - individual suffering with type 2 diabetes and obesity are more prone to osteoarthritis. In this the cartilage inside the joint between the bones is degenerated.
Signs and symptoms are:
- Pain in the affected jointslimited joint movements or stiffnessreduced flexibilityswellingweight loss, exercise, proper medication, physiotherapy, oil massage and vasti will improve the condition.
- Frozen shoulder
- Majority of people suffering with diabetes have high chance of getting frozen shoulder.
- Signs and symptoms
- Pain and tenderness over the shoulder regionunable to lift the hand over headdecreased range of shoulder movements.
Physiotherapy plays a very important role in management of frozen shoulder. In ayurvedic rasna saptaka kashayam and trayodashanga guggulu are very effective. External treatments like patra pinda sveda, kukkutanda sveda will drastically reduce the pain.
Forestier disease - It is commonly known as dish - diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Usually spine is mostly affected. There will be hardening and thickening of tendons and ligaments around the joints along with extra growth of bone.
Symptoms are pain and restricted movement. Advanced stage may require surgical intervention.
Dupuytren deformity - It is a condition characterised by pain, contracture of fingers and you will be unable to straighten the affected fingers. It is caused due to thickening of tendons, ligaments and other connective tissues in the palm. It is usually seen in persons with diabetes for very long period.
External treatments like abhyanga, sevda along with physiotherapy will reduce the symptoms.
Hi doctor june month my tsh was 8.86 and 21.8.16 is T3 0.86 T4 8.91 andTSH 3.08 and since one month im taking thyroup 25 mcg. My doubt is when I had miscarriage in may month with the pregnancy was thyroid developed?
I am 44 yrs male. My cholesterol level is 260 & TG is 353. I am a PSU employee my working condition far away from physical work. What should I do to control TG &cholesterol.
It is true that diabetic patients can eat black grapes as it contains chemical that regulates blood sugar? Some dietician hold contrary view? Pl suggest.
My wife 55, is taking thyrox50 for thyroid treatment for last 30 months. But for last few years her both the legs have swelled up and no pain. Will you please tell me what to do. Thanks
Hi. My creatinine level is. 95.two months back it was. 81.I'm diabetic and I'm 35 years old. I'm already taking medicine for sugar. please suggest action. Thanks.
I am 52 years old with type 1diabetes since 15 years. Yesterday found vit. D deficiency 6.09. What should I do?
What causes hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? can iodine help this condition?
My mother is diabetic patient and she had a history of schizophrenia also. Her schizophrenia is very much vanished but from couple of months there is some new type of sudden disordered behavior observed. She was doing very well and it seems like she had never been suffered from schizophrenia but suddenly a phase arrived in which she use to remain silent and also consume very less food. She stop talking and reply very less for any question. This kind of phase use to came with certain frequency since few months. Can anyone please suggest something better for her. I will be grateful.
How to cure thyroid without allopathy as soon as possible? I heard there are some treatments to fully cure thyroid within short time. I am 26years old female and use to take 25mg thyronorm from last 3 years.
Hello Doctor, I had very recently done a Tests thru the Thyrocare Packages. And Below are by results T3 - 98 T4 - 7.8 TSH - 10.65 Can I know what next to be done.
Hi doctor, i am diabetic my sugar level sum times show 150 and next week 250 I just want to know how can I keep my kidney and liver healthy I mean what should I do to keep healthy organs.
i m 49 year old lady my weight is 93kg my height is 5"5 feet. i m suffering from thyroid as my tsh is going low but after taking medicine for 3 months now it is 2.48 .now a days i m suffering from kidney stone pain but i m gaining weight .tell me how to control my weight. thanks manju
Good Morning, I am a diabetic and can I have rice in my meals as I have been afraid that rice will higher my sugar level.
If you have thyroid disease -- whether you are hypothyroid (underactive thyroid) or hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), whether you hashimoto's, graves' disease, or other conditions, what you eat can have an impact on your health. Here are ten things to know about thyroid conditions and your diet, food and beverages, and their interaction with your health and medications.
- Goitrogens are substances -- occurring naturally in certain foods -- that can cause your thyroid gland to enlarge. The main goitrogenic foods are cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and cabbage, among others, as well as soy foods. Goitrogenic foods can also function like an antithyroid drug and actually slow down the thyroid and make it underactive (hypothyroidism.)
- Coconut oil recommended for thyroid patients, and while it can be a healthful option, it's not a cure
- One should not take coffee until an hour after you've taken your thyroid hormone replacement medication. Otherwise, the coffee can affect absorption, and make your thyroid medication less effective.
- Iodized salt in some areas of the world, iodized salt is an essential way to prevent iodine deficiency, cretinism and retardation due to iodine deficiency in pregnant women.
- Many thyroid patients struggle with constipation, and extra weight. One of the key tactics that can help is increasing fiber intake, particularly from foods.
- One of the most powerful things thyroid patients can do to help their health and metabolism is to drink enough water. Water helps your metabolism function more efficiently, and can help reduce your appetite, get rid of water retention and bloating, improve your digestion and elimination, and combat constipation.