Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic and bp patient.in normal condition. .Iam using penegra ,100 once in a week. Suggest me .power full tablet. With out side effect. I am 53 years old. please.
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I am 24 years old. My beta hcg report is as follows: Test name - SBHCG (Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) Value - <0.100 Unit - mIU/mL EXPECTED VALUES 0-5: Non pregnant women and men Pregnant women weeks of gestation Week range 3-4 9 - 130 4-5 75 - 2, 600 6-7 4000 - 100, 200 7-12 11, 500 - 289, 000 12-16 18, 300 - 137, 000 16-29 1, 400 - 53, 000 29-41 940 - 60, 000 10th 46309 - 186977 Is it positive?
I am type 1 diabetic patient. I am taking insulin 26 in morning and 16 at night. Today morning at 6.30 I checked my sugar it was 47 and after some time at 10 again I checked my sugar it was 155 without eating anything. How it is increased.
Hi my age 22. I have pcod and thyroid. I am under medication of mi-ova plus. And 75 mcg for thyroid. I doing regular yoga for 1: 30 hour and walking for 45 mins. I am 79 kg. Height 5.5. I am in my diet. Doctor suggested me to take high protein diet. So that I am taking sprouts in the morning and having lunch three roti with high protein curry like soya rajma pulses. And drinking 3 to 4 liters of water and dinner two roti. I want to conceive now so I have to reduce weight. Can this useful to reduce weight. Pls suggest me.
I am 42 yrs old and I am suffering with diabetic since 7 years. Since last one year, sugar levels is going upto 300-390. Also suffering with thyroid tsh: 10.5. Please suggest me.
I am 64 years old, retired and a diabetic patient, suffering from extreme weakness with some neurological problems. When I wake up in the morning I feel to much drowsy along with body ache and that continues about for an hour to be normal but still the weakness remains.
My mother has diabetes from around 20 years, she is under insulin and regular medication, nd she also maintains her diet and also goes to walking at least for an hour a day! But still her sugar levels are very high, its around 200 for fasting nd 400 for post prondel, what should be done?
My husband is 39 year old and is diabetic. He doesn't take the medicine or the controlled food. How do I manage his Health?
Are you looking for a treatment measure for infertility in females? You can go for an Ayurvedic treatment, which is completely natural and does not involve the use of any chemical. Infertility refers to the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. The principles of Ayurveda states that infertility occurs when a woman’s Shukra dhatu, or the reproductive tissue does not get proper nutrition. This may happen because of improper digestion, and also because of some toxins in the body. Anxiety, insomnia, depression, and spicy food are other causes of infertility in females according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has a holistic approach towards health and treats the body as a whole, instead of treating a specific ailment. An Ayurvedic doctor needs to be certain about your body type before making a treatment suggestion. Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women aims at ensuring the proper transformation of food into nutrients, which will move to your shukra dhatu.
The most important Ayurvedic remedies for treating female infertility are as follows:
- Swedanam: This method is used by Ayurvedic physicians for inducing sweating in patients who suffer from infertility. This is done with the help of exercises or blankets. It is meant for flushing out toxins from your body.
- Vamanam: This is a detoxing Ayurvedic therapy in which vomiting is induced for getting rid of undigested food from the body. In spite of being uncomfortable, this is an ideal detox therapy for infertility management.
- Banyan tree bark: The use of dried banyan tree bark powder is recommended by several Ayurvedic physicians for treating infertility problems in females. Remember to add sugar to the banyan bark powder before consuming it.
- Ashwagandha churna and kapikacchu: These are popular Ayurvedic medicines, which are used for treating infertility issues in women.
- Phala gritam: Consume phala gritam in the form of buttermilk mixed with milk. This medicine effectively treats several functional problems related to female infertility.
- Guduchi, triphala churna, and gokshura: These Ayurvedic medicines are used for clearing blockages in your body. This prevents the production of shukra dhatu and helps in the management of female infertility.
- Shatavari: This Ayurvedic medicine is designed only for women for the treatment of infertility.
- Dietary changes: Ayurveda states that a woman suffering from infertility must follow a strict diet plan. Spicy, oily, and extra salt foods should be strictly avoided. It is recommended for you to consume food items such as almonds, whole grains, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, and dried fruits.
If you are suffering from infertility and seek Ayurvedic treatment, visit an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner for timely advise. He will be able to diagnose your cause and prescribe remedies based on the diagnosis.