Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Chandra ChhabraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from kidney stone so what type of fruits & vegetables I should eat to reduce that stone. Reply fast.
Hi doctor, I want to increase my height my height is 5.5 so can you suggest me to how to improve my height. And when I hang to any rod getting pain in spinal cord and in kidney. so please reply.
Can contracted gallbladder be reversed? I have shrunk gallbladder with no pain but can not digest sweets, non veg or heavy food. Right now on strict plain diet without any dairy products.
Urine flow slow. Slight improvement with silodal 8. Motion (stool) urge with urine. Age 56. Male. Taking sartel am. Lopressor 50, r2 10.
From yesterday to this morning I have urinate up to 6 times and this morning like 3 time. Pls what is wrong with me?
Sometimes blood bleeding from her back hole (bath hole) while go for bathroom. Please give suggestions which food she should take food to avoid bleeding. She takes tea thrice a day.
1. Wen I hav food me head sweats, especially wen the food is little spicy. 2. Unlike before, now a days I feel to pee at night after sleep at least once or twice, is it related to diabetes. 3. Am 29 year old, married man. 4. Also recently two weeks back, was suffering from kidney stones, 2mm on left n 4mm on right, medication going on. Am having more water than bfre. Kindly advice.
I think I am having a stone in my kidney. In the right side of my stomach it pains very badly. This had happen thrice till now. Can you tell me how I can confirm myself that I am having a stone or not. And also please tell me the symptoms of having stone.
Both kidneys have developed kidney stone requires a surgery and needs to be operated immediately. What are the risk factors. She has both diabetes and blood pressure.
Hi good evening doctors my friend dad suffering from kidney failure from 2 years and know hcv virus is detected in liver so wht should we do? Is there any cure for tht in india or foreign. Uncle is age 61 and know he is on dialysis so please tell us wht should we do for tht.
I have dignosed for multiple stones in both kidney the size differ from 5-7mm. Also having 1 stone in somewhere to upper mid ureter for 11 mm. As doctor suggest I had operated on 30th apr for that 11 mm stone only, as per doctor the surgery is done by one camera sent to nearby the stone & than crushed it by laser & remove through urine, also 1 stand (pipe) inserted & suggest me to remove it after 21 days. Feeling littel fever since last 2 days. Also want to know the food which will helpful for me & which are harmfull.
I am 25 year old unmarried suffering from pcos and kidney stones together along with weight gain of a 30kgs in past 3 yrs, I m very depressed and crazy now. What can help in curing me fast.
I have a kidney stone 8 mm. My gastrointestinal specialist had prescribed me medicine and have said that the stone will come out by its own and had given me certain precautions. Daily morning I am getting pain in my lower stomach. Please help me out. N please do tell me what's shld I do to get rid of d pain. M 30/M.
I am 44 year old male. Recently in a routine annual checkup I found that I have creatinine level of 1.3 and Uris acid level at 8.1 along with vitamin D level at 6.3 ng/dl. I exercise regularly and incidentally I had a rigorous workout a day before the blood test. Can you please advise what should I do about the diet, medicine etc.
I am having kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease, few cysts in liver right lobe, gallbladder polyps. Severe gas problem.
I have very much stomach pain. Lam a kidney stone patient and also I have back pain. Please help me.
I have only one kidney by birth. My left side there is no kidney that place is empty. My other kidney is working fine. Can I do marriage with one kidney. If I married, is there any possible for normal sexual life with one kidney? Or may I face any sexual problem like not becoming a father or can't satisfy my wife?
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.