Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish BhallaYour feedback matters!
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply.
Doesn't really sound like much, does it? especially when your daily calorie requirement is somewhere between 1500-2500. Given that calorie intake varies from person to person, based on gender, weight, age, and various other factors; the calories consumed don't change a bit no matter who's consuming them.
If someone says 200 calories, it seems like nothing when we talk about desserts and fried food, but it seems like a lot in context to fruits and healthy food. So let's take a look at some pictures of food depicting 200 calories to figure out how much is too much.
First is some fish, particularly salmon. This amount is great for a filling healthy snack. Add some vegetables or some vinegar to make it a perfect dinner.
Then comes 3 small pieces of brown bread which is actually more than enough for a light snack.
Pasta in that amount makes 200 calories, so you add some chicken or vegetables and mix it up in a great sauce to make it a healthy meal under 500 calories.
One full glass of white wine comes up to 92 calories, so you easily kick back and enjoy 2 glasses of wine!
Potatoes the best sin. French fries an even deadlier sin! but be careful not to order a large amount, stick to a small portion for a quick snack.
Now don't look at the brownies and get too excited, you're allowed only one such piece because that's around 190 calories.
White rice can be consumed in more than a mouthful, though; you can enjoy one full bowl of white rice without worrying about more than 200 calories.
3 boiled eggs the perfect healthy snack, which is astoundingly so filling is another snack under 200 calories.
One glass of full-fat milk comes up to 200 calories, which is why it is a recommended midnight snack.
Then, we have one whole chicken breast, which can be spruced up with sauce or cooked in any manner without worrying about too many calories.
A plate full of fruit such as kiwi makes up 200 calories now that's a great way to feel full and be healthy!
Black coffee makes up for barely 10 calories. And if you have it with sugar that'll be around 30-40 calories. This means you're allowed 5-8 cups a day (it's safe to assume you will become a night owl after such consumption). If you like your coffee with milk and sugar, that's almost 100 calories so you're allowed 2 cups of that.
Your morning cup provides more than just a jolt of caffeine. Well, now you know what 200 calories look like. In some cases, it's barely a mouthful, while it's more than a yummy meal in others. Another great way to make sure you're snacking under 200 calories or consuming the necessary amount, download a calorie counter app. It allows you to record every food item and shows you the total amount of calories you consumed.
Here's to some healthy snacking, some unhealthy binging (once in a while) and an overall diet within your calorie budget.
Enjoy your healthy meals:)
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Hi, can you pls help me to know what can be done as me and my partner trying for a baby from last 4-5 months bt nothing is going well. This month result also shows negative. Please help me to know what can be done.
I do not want child right now, but also do not want to use condoms, please suggest me safe period for sex.
I have 6 month baby I want to know when will I put copper t I have no relation with my husband from last six months but now I am going back to my home. I want to know the procedure.
Hi I am 27 years old and I am 5 days late to period . My last date of period is 20-6-2016 and on July 25 I checked for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor suggested me to take cap. Hald sr for getting periods . I am confused actually I am trying for pregnancy. What shall I do now should I use tablet for getting periods, or wait for few days for confirmation. please help me.
I have limps in my both the breast. Non cancerous lumps. I've consulted cancer specialist. And have been operated once. This is the second time. And is going through homeopathic treatment which is not helping me out. Any other way which you can suggest I shall treat them? And why are these lumps happening? The reasons? Can you suggest somethings else den operating please?
I am not getting periods in correct time. Is there any medicine fr this? And what is the reason for this?
I am facing severe pain while feeding, while feeding I am facing pain in nipple after feeding for every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain all over breast almost for an hour to 1 and half hour. My gynic suggested zericlav 625 mg, L-Panto, chymomax. While using that medicines my pain was reduced but after stopping medicines again I am facing the pain. And if the pain was severe a white spot was seen on the nipple. please kindly suggest me the best, I am unable to bear this.
I have a gynac related concern. I am having dark brown clotting discharge instead of normal periods. My period are due. I have same spotting in last week. I am worried now. Should I go to consult doctor immediately.
My Friend had un protective sex with his girlfriend. He did not entered his penis in his girlfriend's vagina but accidentally some how his sperms fell on her vulva. What are the chances of her getting pregnant? What should he do if she got pregnant? All of this has happened 10 days ago.
I want to know a complete diet plan for my 4 months baby what to feed and when the correct time he doesn't take breastfeeding.
The widespread misuse of skin creams and lotions that contain steroids in india is harmful and out of control, warns dermatologist.
Corticosteroids, also known as steroids, are anti-inflammatory medicines used for a range of conditions. However, these can lead to substantial and permanent damage, especially on thin skin, such as on the face and groin.
Side effects include pigmentation and breakdown of the skin, small and widened blood vessels on the skin, as well as bacterial and fungal infections.
Misuse can lead to resistance of infections that can make these difficult to diagnose and treat.
" indian doctors are witnessing a pandemic of adverse effects induced by topical corticosteroids" consultant dermatologist shyam verma said in an article published in the journal the bmj, formerly the british medical journal.
A study of 2, 926 dermatology patients in 2013 showed that 433 (14.8 percent) were using topical steroids and 392 (90.5 percent) had harmful effects, verma pointed out.
" the public, as well as doctors of all specialties, need to be informed and educated about safe use of topical corticosteroids" he said.
As required by law in india, strong steroids can be sold only with a registered medical practitioner's prescription.
However, topical steroids are exempt and can be purchased over the counter.
" this needs urgent revision" he said.
Another problem that leads to the inappropriate use of topical steroids is that too few specialist dermatologists are available.
The majority of india's some 8, 500 dermatologists are based in cities, while most of india's population are dispersed in villages, verma said.
" so many patients seek treatment for skin disease from primary care providers, including thousands of ayurvedic and homeopathic practitioners and unqualified charlatans" he explained.
" although it is illegal, they may prescribe topical corticosteroids with little or no knowledge of dermatology" verma said, adding that many pharmacists" sell steroid creams without a prescription, ignoring the box warnings"