Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish BhallaYour feedback matters!
An now 6 weeks and one day after normal delivery with Episiotomy Medici lateral when I check my doctor few weeks back she said am healed with those stitches but how ever I still have pain also with white discharge it's not so white kind of pearl white. Bcoz of this pain am not able to stand a while also please advice how to get this pain reduced Also I wanna do some work out to reduce my weight which I gained during my pregnancy please help.
Is white discharge common in every girl. If so what happens if there is no white discharge and if yes is there any problem with excess white discharge and how to control it .how to control vaginal smell. I need some best natural remedies.
Iam 39 yr old female who is not having monthly periods since puberty till date at this point of time should i undergo any premptive test or precaution kindly advice?
I had sex with fiance but did not ejaculate, it was inside for few seconds then I take out can she be Pregnant. Please guide me.
Now I am finished 7 months of pregnancy. Now I am falling in viral fever can I take paracefe 500& antibiotics taxim-O 200 & cough syrup Benadryl. How much is it right? & have any side effect for mother and her baby .please explained.
My mom is suffering from lakva praised rt side from last two yeas and having one big bed sore which is not healing please advice.
I have thyroid and pcod problem. Im having period problem. The periods will start it February still now the flowing is not stop. I'm consult homeopathy doctor and he give some medicine but still now my problem is not cure. What can I do and stop the periods?
I DELIVERED BABY'S ONE MONTH BACK. I HAVE UNWANTED HAIR GROWTH ON MY FACE. EARLIER TO MY PREGNANCY I had pcos. PLEASE SUGGEST THE BEST FOR ME.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
Doctor pls help I got married on Nov 2015 but could not conceive till now pls help. Suggest some medicine. I hope I will conceive one day I am in great tension pls help.
Hi madam, i am 34yrs old woman i am suffering from pcod I want to conceive. I am also having thyroid.
Hi, I had pain in my left lower abdomen to left thigh and knee after my periods and pain had gone later and now I'm having my period and getting the same pain slightly. please help.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I had unprotected sex with a prostitute in Thailand. It has been one day since exposure. Is there anything I can do to prevent the possibility of getting any std?
Can we make sex in the early starting of pregnancy? So many people saying its not allowed, it will be problem like that. Can any doctor make me rectify this solution please?
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and married I have so much of interest in sex, but my wife did have a that much of interest we don't have personal issues its a love marriage, at the time of sex she feels so much of pain I am not able to do the sex, that means her Virginia is very tight. I am not able to push into her pussy Is there any medicine for my wife to get a interest in sex. Please help me.
Till date I have normal periods and blood coming out during periods is sufficient. But this time I have very little blood out or almost negligible. Also pain during this period is very less than normal. What can I do to get normal period having normal blood out? Is there any major problem?
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.