Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish BhallaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female and I am not getting my periods of this month, its been 20 days more than my due date. I have checked my pregnancy test two times and its negative. I do not think that I am pregnant but my date is not coming, I do not know what to do please help.
My periods are due after 3 days and I had sexual intercourse with my partner in 12th this month, that is 10 days ago. I am experiencing brown vaginal discharge and rashes and have lower back pain. Could I have a STD or its just the pre symptoms of periods?
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
Rarely, Frequent respiratory infections, more frequent flu attacks, swelling of the feet and ankles, cardiovascular disease, weight loss, and morning headaches.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential.
Knowing that you have COPD is the first step towards managing COPD, which can be managed effectively.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of aloe vera include the following:
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: aloe vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: aloe vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe vera is the first fda approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called candida albicans and bacterium named streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: the latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: there was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.
I am not getting enough breast milk supply for my baby. What to do. I already take Galact granules 3 times daily. Lactare tablet twice daily. What do you suggest. When I feed her. She sucks for few 2 min and then starts crying. I want to increase milk flow. Pls help. Me.
I am having irregular periods, how to make it regular, what shall I eat or do, I am having thyroid problem and I am doing regular exercise, and having medicine for thyroid too. Please advice simple and easy way for the same.
I'm 25 year old and my weight is 45 kg. I'm getting late periods. 7 months ago I got married. But still I didn't get pregnancy. Is my irregular periods are reason for that. Please tell me the problem for my health and also tell me. The remedially.
Me and my boy friend had sex, though we did not had sexual intercourse. Somehow she missed her period and now we want to her to get abortion else it would create many problems in our family. We had sex on 12 may 2016. What we must do. We r just in our twenty.
I am 20 years old and I have irregular periods i. E. Around once in six months. Provide me some medication. Have also done my thyroid test or any other tests but all of them are negative.
I am 20 years female. I have pcod since last two years and I am unable to sleep at nights. I feel very depressed sometimes Excess growth of facial hair specially chin hair and I am having acne problem too leaving black spots on my face. How can I get rid of this? please help me out?
Sir meri wife ko abhi 4th mahina chal raha hai. Unko akshar kamar me dard rehta hai hamare local doctor ki davai to chalu hai len usse dard kam nai ho raha. Kya karu ?
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
My wife is facing unbearable vaginal burning while intercourse. Please suggest. We have consulted so many doctors but no improvement. As soon as we starts intercourse she complains for burning problem in the mid of intercourse and every time she complaining this even discharge is not done and after discharge she feels unbearable burning in the vagina. She felt like cuts in the vagina.
Sir she said that her last two menstrual dates are 1st january and 3rd February and she is expecting that her next menstrual date will may be 5th march. So tell me her safe period and clearly learn us how to calculate? She is also telling that her menstrual cycle are not continuous. It sometimes 1 to 4 day (s) more than 30 days and sometimes below. Is it a problem of her? Please sir answer me. Thank you.
9 high-fiber foods that are filling
It is perceived that healthy foods are not filling. This is a myth. High-fiber foods are your main source of nutrients and keep you healthy. Fiber from food also ensures your body weight stays low and cholesterol in blood is managed well. It helps all the toxins out of your body and makes you look lean and good. You must try to replace what you usually consume with these high-fiber foods to beat hunger pangs as well as ensure health.
9 high-fiber foods that make you feel full and provide adequate fiber too.
1) oatmeal - have a filling breakfast of oatmeal and eliminate your daily 11 am cravings. High in fiber, oatmeal also keeps cholesterol in check and keeps you satisfied.
2) lentils - lentils are extremely high in proteins as well as fiber. Even a bowl full is good enough to keep your full for a long time.
3) broccoli - along with having cancer-fighting properties and a lot of antioxidants, broccoli has a large amount of fiber good enough to keep you full for a long time.
4) pears - a medium sized pear is packed with almost 6 grams of fiber, making it an appropriate health snack.
5) apples - nutritious and delicious, a medium sized apple can give you more than 4 grams of fiber.
6) barley - of all the grains, barley has the highest content of fiber which is close to six grams.
7) chia seeds - high in fiber, chia seeds are so flexible that they can be consumed as accompaniment in most dishes - be it cookies, yoghurt or salad.
8) carrots - baby carrots are the most ideal snacks ever, being easy to consume, rich source of beta-carotene and having high fiber content.
9) almonds - a quarter cup of almonds would give you almost 5 grams of fiber.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.