Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Satinder KaurYour feedback matters!
I am having multiple fibroadenoma in both breasts, which were very small" Is this fibroadenoma will become cancerous tumors in the future and is there any diet restrictions to get it reduced. Can you please answer my question.
I have a problem here inside my throat, I have a feeling not so well. Normally when the time I eat it's ok, but after I shallow finish to eat, they have a pain to my throat, I feel they have some big stone to full my breath its so hurt to breast more pain.
Sir/Mam I am having a little ball like something in my left breast, when I press it I feel pain, I noticed it almost 2 years ago, I have not consulted any Dr. Yet, I want to know that, is it a serious matter or will it be fine itself?
My wife has a lump in her left breast and she also did USG guided FNAC as per homoeopathy doctor. The report reveals that she is having a tumor. So what you people suggest? Shall I go for operation or it can be vanished with any medicine. Please reply.
How can I recover from cancer without any costly medicine but with soft physical exercise? Is it possible please tell me.
Sir, I have received msg through whats up regarding cancer treatment imitinef mercelet tab will kills the cancer cells it is true or false,
Respected Sir/Madam, This is in regards to the patient (my grandma). She has been lately struggling to walk and sit. She fell down and broke her spine before 5 months. She wasn't able to bear the pain for the last 2 months. Then we took her to hospital where they told after taking biopsy it might be multiple myeloma. They referred another hospital's Oncology department for further treatment. Radiation was given 10 times first in the spinal cord. Even after that treatment the pain did not stop and radiation was given to hip also. Now 2 weeks has passed after that and still she is having the pain.
What is the symptoms of breast cancer and how can it be treated easily other than chemotherapy which causes psoriasis?
Her right Breast started pain since 3-5 days and gradually increase so I examine and find some memory lobes are swelling and fill hard mass which painful when it press so suggest what I do for her.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
My father is 85 years old. He suffering from enlarged prostrate and is on catheter for micturitionfor the past 9 months. Since the last two months after consulting an urologist he is on a regular medication on flotral (1 tab daily at bed time) My query: How do I know that the medicine has worked , Or Should the catheter be removed now and let him urinate (once the catheter had come off accidentally but the outcome was dad could not hold back his urine for more than an hour .It was a pretty good volume of urine that he passed out and now hes back with the catheter > Please advise as this is becoming a problem worth giving some importance.
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
Which is the good hospital in india for the treatment of cancer? Actually cancer is the more dangerous disease here.
Now it's time to introduce/add society, ayurvedic drugs like ashokarista, pushyanug churna, supari pak, kanchnar guggle etc along with natural panchkarma therapy to fight with cervical cancer these ayurvedic treatment having very good results in such disorder.
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
Helath Tips on Cancer Prevention:
Cancer prevention are the ‘actions’ taken to lower or limit the possibilities of getting cancer.
Many things in our lifestyle, genes and environment around us affect our risk of getting cancer.
Researchers are studying different ways to prevent cancer, which include the following:
Ways to avoid things/factors known to cause cancer
Changes in lifestyle and diet
Detecting precancerous conditions early
Medicines to treat a precancerous condition or to keep cancer from occurring
Keep Away from Carcinogens
Any substance or agent known to increase the probability of getting cancer is called a carcinogen. Some known and established carcinogens can be
Cigarette smoking or tobacco use in any form
Infections - Human papilloma virus, Hepatitis B & C viruses, Human T-cell leukaemia virus, Epstein-Barr virus, Kaposi sarcoma virus etc
Radiation - UV rays of sun, radon gas and man-made radiation such as X-rays
Car exhaust fumes
Asbestos, some chemicals found in paints
Ways of living and habits which may affect the risk incidence of cancer could be
Diet - Red and processed meat, food additives, salty & pickled foods
Alcohol - Over indulgence in alcoholic drinks
Physical Activity - Obesity due to physical inactivity and lethargy
Environmental Risk Factors
Go for Cancer Screening
Detecting the cancer in precancerous stage or in its early stages can lead to a much better prognosis of the disease due to effective treatment and management.
There are various kinds of screening tests.
Physical exam and history:
A visual examination of the whole body to check general health and disease, like any new growth or lumps. A medical history of patient’s present health status, past illnesses and treatments will also be noted.
Laboratory screening tests:
Samples of urine, tissue or other substances in the body are taken; like Pap smear for cervical cancer, a biopsy from an abnormal growth or stool test for occult blood in colon cancers.
Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy for colon cancer
Screening procedures that take pictures of inside of the body like ultrasound, X-ray, CT scan or MRI.
Tests that look for gene mutations (changes) that could be linked to certain cancer. It is also known as gene testing or genome testing.
Explore Cancer Chemoprevention
Cancer chemoprevention is the use of natural or synthetic substances to reverse, suppress or prevent the development of cancer at the first place.
It is used by people who are at a higher risk of developing cancer, have a family history of cancer or those with a previous cancer.
Chemoprevention is not used to treat cancer but can lower the risk of cancer or slows down its development