Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satinder Kaur
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Satinder KaurYour feedback matters!
1. PAP SMEAR- Pap smear screening should start at age 21. it should be done at regular intervals to detect any abnormal cell growth which can turn out be cancerous.
2. VACCINE -is available to protect against the HPV types that cause most cervical cancer in women. The vaccine is: Given as a series of 2 shots.Recommended for girls and women ages 9 through 26.Best for girls to get by age 11 or before becoming sexually active. However, girls and younger women who are already sexually active can still be protected by the vaccine.
SAFE SEXUAL HABBITS :
1) Always use condoms.
2) Avoid multiple sex partners
3) Do not smoke. Cigarette smoking increases the risk of getting cervical cancer.
Hello Sir, I'm 22 yrs. Always I fell that my body isn't going well. Something wrong with my body. Some time stomach. Some time head. Some time leg. Some time heart bit grow. But almost I have nothing. Doctor's r saying this all r due to depression. If something get into my leg and start paining I started to think that it's a snake's bite, I'll die after few hrs. I always fell that I have tumour in brain. Cancer in blood. If anywhere I fell any pain I became worried. I think there is a tumor which will convert 2 cancer. I have cancer phobia. When I listen anybody died like such it worried me 2 much, I started to think about that. But this thinking came just last 1 n half year. Before this 1n half years I was in mess for study. Pls give me some solution pls sir. My life became hell.
My dad is suffering with chronic pancreatitis... Is it possible that this disease would effect the liver.. And cause liver cancer.
Hi I want to know the symptoms of the cancer please let me know quickly please. Am suffering from cogh from 3 months. Hey please let me know what the problem.
Hi I am 50 year old female with a history of breast cancer and taking tamoxifen 20 mg daily for past 4 years. December 2015, I took an abdomen scan and the endometrial thickness was 8 mm. But last week july 2016 the thickness increased to 14 mm. Am I having cancer of endometrium? Other symptoms for the cancer are missing. Should I go for an Hysterectomy? Please advice.
Hi my father is 75 years old n suffering from colon rectal cancer 4 stage. It has been spread in diff organ also. please suggest something better for him. We can do thanks.
Chemotherapy can be frightening, and the very thought of going through it can be an ordeal for most people. Many resources and tips can be used to minimize the discomfort and lessen the burden. Let us have a look at a few of these.
- Support network: Chemotherapy can be physically daunting and more than the treatment a person needs all the emotional and moral support he/she can get. Have friends and family always by your side. You can have peace of mind when there is a person you can trust and bank upon in taking care of you.
- Discuss the medication with your oncologist: Before understanding the treatments have a detailed discussion about the current medication you are undergoing, as this may hamper the chemotherapy treatment. The dosage has to be adjusted accordingly.
- Keep the body hydrated: Your body gets dehydrated on the day of the treatment. Please ensure that the body is properly hydrated and plenty of fluids are there in the body.
- Be comfortable: Taking chemotherapy can have an effect on your morale. Hence make sure that you are keeping yourself occupied with books and games or your favorite music to while away the time.
- Wear comfortable clothes: This makes all the difference in the treatment as having loose fitting clothes can relive pressures in your mind. Always choose clothes that you are comfortable in.
- Ask questions: Chemotherapy treatments can and will cause side effects. Hence ask and keep yourself updated as much as possible. More importantly after the treatment ask questions on the possible recuperation period and how best to go about it.
- Symptoms of nausea and vomiting: It is natural that most of the patients feel light headed or have a vomiting sensation when undergoing the treatment. Always make sure that the doctor or the nurse knows about it. Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Some medications to prevent nausea can be had along with the chemotherapy drugs.
- Avoiding infection: Chemotherapy affects the immune system of the body. Hence it can get easily susceptible to diseases. Have a general cleanliness around your surroundings. Avoid crowds if possible and keep your hands always clean and wear clean, comfortable clothes that don't stick to the body.
- Right diet: Chemotherapy makes you prone to weight loss. Hence having the desired nutritional levels is mandatory. Consult a dietician and eat healthy. It is not advisable to gain weight either during or after chemotherapy.
- Adequate Rest: Our body needs all the rest that it can get when undergoing chemotherapy. Make sure that the body gets proper sleep and is relaxed. You can try for meditation and simple yoga exercises that can help in rejuvenating the body.
- Skin Care: Prolonged treatment can affect the moisture content in the skin. Have a good skin cream and lotions handy to take care of it. In some cases, chemotherapy causes hair fall. Make sure that a proper wig or a treatment plan is made beforehand to take care of the issues.
Chemotherapy treatment can be emotionally daunting. Having a few precautions like the ones stated above can make all the difference in how successful we are in coping with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!