Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sastri Pronoti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sastri PronotiYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old and have one baby girl 1.5 yrs old. From past 6 months m suffering from right shoulder pain. I have consulted my phycian but the pain remains the same. Even though I have taken pain killer it remains the same otherday. Also have used balms like idodex n moov, but that is just for temprory use. Please suggest me the needful. Thanks
Doctor its almost 1 and half year of my marriage and we are planning for a child. We had unprotected sex several times since february 2017 but we didn't get the positive results. Is this a sign of some serious problem? Please revert.
I had my last period cycle on 31 Jan. This month in feb it got skipped. I m a thyroid patient and also had a intercourse with my fiance in mid of Feb. However I have done pregnancy test through pregnancy kit and the result was negative. Is there anything to worry about, what should I do.
My girlfriend didn't got periods almost last two months. We had sex before 15 days but she didn't got periods last two months. She did home pregnancy test from pregnancy kit. But last month also negative and this month also negative. So please help me regarding this.
My wife age 27 years suffering for multiple granularities viz attacks of seizures. The treatment has gone for 3 years. Now she has no attacks of seizures. Meanwhile, she has been conceived. Presently, medicine being taken by her encorate chrono 300 mg and LEVERA 500MG. Please advise us whether she should continue pregnancy? What are harmful effects if she continues pregnancy?
I am 25 years old female I have infection caused by condom since 2013 I am still not cured. Does the infections get cured? Daily white milky discharge is secreted. Please grant solution and help. My weight has also decreased.
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.
Hi, I have thyroid problem, my Tsh level is higher. and also I miss my periods because of thyroid. I want to ask is it very serious problem during in pregnancy. Now I am not pregnant. I just want to know that is baby is fine if we take treatment for thyroid? Please give suggestions. Or is this disease is for lifetime?
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
She missed her period for 9 days but pregnancy test kit shows negative 2 times within 78 hrs what should I do? She is pregnant or not.
Iam a boy and I had a sex with guy an unprotected sex but he said he don't have aids but now I have some rashes and hand pain and cough is this a aids symptoms.
2. Took balanced diet.
3. Avoid fast foods.
4. Increase liquid intake.
5. Eat seasonal products.
6. Check personal cleaniness.
I'm 20 years old guy Me and my partner we had sex for several times so first time we had her vagina didn't bleed much but it was painful for her and penis didn't penetrated fully so after that I started fingering one finger in her vagina then two but it did pain but not that painful and it didn't bleed so today I practiced fingering that too two then I inserted penis in her vagina and pushed it harder in her vagina do it went in but my sperms came out so I removed penis out then when she stood up there was massive bleeding from her vagina she got scared even me what was that? I couldn't get that n it is continuously bleeding whenever she goes for washing it. Is it serious problem? What should we do? Is that hymen broke now? Please guide us please.
Hi I am 35 years old. I have only one ovary .will I conceive? Should I seek advice of gynaecologist or should I wait and see. Pls tell what to do.
Guava is a favourite fruit for many of us, Sprinkle with some salt and red chilly powder and it will just taste amazing isnt it ?
While there are many Health benefits we know of eating the fruit , but did you know even leaves of this sweet fruit has many benefits
Today i will share with you benefits of Guava leaves and also how you can use them in your day to day routine
Gauva leaves help in
1. Improving eyesight
4. Digestive health
5 Heart friendly
7 Lowers Cholestrol
8. Sugar control
9. Skin and hair
Now Let me share how it can help you and how you can include them in your routine.
You need to make a tea using this leaves and include it in your routine to get all its health benefits
Preparing Guava leaves tea
1.Get guava leaves - wash them well
2. In a pan add leaves and water then bring it to boil and simmer for 5 mins
3. Sip on this warm
If this tea is had post meal it can help in lowering sugar rise
After cooling this tea apply it on your scalp and hair., rich in nutrients it aids to stop hair loss and improve quality of hair
Weight loss- According to a research published in Nutrition and Metabolism , Guava leaf tea inhibits several different enzymes that convert carbohydrates in the digestive tract into glucose , potentially slowing its uptake into your blood. Thus promoting rapid weight loss
If you cant find guava leaves the fresh ones dont worry you can order dry guava leaves online.