Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sashi Prabha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sashi PrabhaYour feedback matters!
Hii. I'm 23 years old and am suffering from excessive irregular mensuration periods from last 6 months. From sept 2015 to nov 2015 it didn't happen then under homeopathic medication it did for december and january month and now again for february it doesn't till now. I had to quit the medicine due to some personal reasons. Can you tell what's the reasons and cure for this problem. Also i'm gaining weight due to this.
I'm 23 years old. How to enjoy with my boyfriend without getting pregnant? We don't do intercourse? Still afraid lose my virginity this much soon. But pleasure is not enough for both of us in small romantic act.
I had sex on the new year's night and my expected date for my periods was 1or 2. Today is 6th Jan but I still have not got my periods even after 4 days of the expected date. Am I pregnant? Please help. On 21st November I had sex too. I took ipill on 24th November. I got period on 2nd December. But it was very less then usual. It lasted for 3 or 4 days as usual. The last period before this was 1st November. Help please.
Im 28 years my height is 5.3 ft.None of my family member has thyroid disease. My period cycle was 20 days (4 days periods with 1st and 2nd day heavy flow, 3rd and 4th day normal) so I went to gynecologist she advice me to do thyroid test On dated 2 june 17 weight was 52 kg my TSH: 12.88uIU/ml, T3=0.51 ng/ml, T4=4.71ug/dl. I was taking thyrox 75 mcg and observed all symptoms of Thyroid swelling on my face and below chin, irritation, depression almost all the symptoms and weight gained to 57 kg. On 8july 17 TSH= 3.43uUI/ml, FT3=3.19pg/ml, FT4=19.14 pmole/it. And weight gained to 59 kg. From 16th of August started taking thyrox 25 mcg tablet for 16 days and stopped taking medicine from 1st of september. On 8th September TSH 123 ng/dl, T4 9.2 μg/dl, TSH <0.01 μIU/ml From 15th of September to 20th of November I stop taking Thyrox 25 mcg and after that my weight got loss to 54 kg, observed no symptoms of thyroid like before hair fall etc and was feeling better. Now my period cycle is 25 days (Observing 2 days spotting before start of cycle and 1st days normal and 2nd day heavy flow, 3rd day very less and no flow on 4th day) On 20November FT3 0.79 NG/DL, TSH 60uIU/ml, Anti-TPO Ab 597IU/ML Started with Thyrox 25 mcg dose again from 21st of November. Please Advice me for the following My questions are: Is there any difference between thyronorm 25 mg and levothyroxine 25 mcg? Should I decrease my dose to 12. 5 mcg once my TSH get to normal rang? Is this condition likely temporary or long lasting? What treatment do you recommend? How long will I need to take medications? What side effects could I experience from the medications? How to monitor whether my treatment is working? Will I experience long-term complications from this condition? Do I need to change my diet? Is there a generic alternative to the medicine you're prescribing? Swelling on face and body is this will be permanent? When I will start feeling good as I am facing following issues once I start taking medicined=s? Swelling on body, Fast heart rate, feeling short breastfeeding unusually cold weakness, tiredness, sleep problems (insomnia) memory problems, feeling depressed or irritabledryness of your skin or hair, hair loss changes in your menstrual periodsAcidity, weight changes.
I had pregnancy and have a six months old baby but didn't get periods till now what should I do? Is that anything serious.
Post-pregnancy weight can be difficult to get rid of. It is a gradual process and often takes time. Experts are of the view that hormonal imbalance and a sudden increase in the diet are the major cause of the additional weight. This being said, shedding weight is possible if a consistent effort is made on a daily basis. Here is a list of hat tips to get you started:
- Walk every day: Walking 5 minutes a day does the world of good in the endeavor of shedding weight. Post the 6-week check-up after the arrival of the baby, the duration of walking can be increased. Brisk walking for half an hour can help the body to weight as much as 300 calories a day.
- Weight training- Weight training is one of the best forms of exercise to lose weight quickly. If hitting a gym is a problem, a personal trainer can be hired for working out. Certain exercises such as lifting small weights, doing lunges is a good way to start.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding for a time duration of 30-45 minutes (about3-4 times a day) helps to lose 600-800 calories per day. Some women even report of shedding all their extra weight just through breastfeeding. This is by far the easiest way of losing weight.
- Say no to calories- Calories, by all means, will have to be avoided. Certain fast food items such as soda, chocolate, and chips should not be consumed at all. Instead, meals rich in nutrient, fresh vegetable, fruits, whole grains etc. should be consumed on a daily basis.
- Frequent meals- 2 to 3 heavy meals a day are detrimental to a person trying to shed weight. Frequent meals, on the other hand, maintain a steady blood sugar level, reduce the tendency of over-eating and do not let fat store in the body.
- Frequent naps- Studies show that frequent naps can help a great deal of weight. It reduces the craving of eating food with high calorie. It also revitalizes the metabolism and refrains a person from long term self-deprivation. Naps will also help to gather enough energy to perform other physical activities.
- Healthy snacks- Home-made snacks containing whole wheat, low-fat milk and yogurt are good snack options for post pregnancy weight loss. These snacks block hormones that are responsible for storage of fat in the body.
- Yoga or meditation- Yoga has proved to be extremely effective for women trying to shed post-pregnancy weight. It especially helps in toning down the fat in the upper and lower abdomen which is extremely difficult to get rid of. Yoga also relaxes the mind and helps to focus more.
- Consumption of warm water- Drinking warm water after every meal serves two purposes.
- It doesn’t let the fat store inside the body.
- It helps in better digestion. It has to be ensured that the water is mildly warm and drinkable.
- Avoid stress- Nurturing a baby is exhausting enough. Stress on top of this can be disastrous. It leads to depression resulting into junk eating. It has to be ensured that stress is avoided by engaging in activities such as cooking, painting or listening to music.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!