Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SashiYour feedback matters!
Is It necessary to eat pills after each intercourse, If I intercourse twice in a day means once in night and second in Morning, then what I have to do.
I took unwanted pill on18thjuly after having sex my period date is 23rd July but till not getting my period. Please suggest.
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? What is IUI and IVF? Please explain me in detail.
I am having PCOS and do not know from when but it is diagnosed 5 days before although I used to had severe pain in my lower abdomen since 7-8 months. I want to know whether PCOS is totally curable or not? And what lead to PCOS turn into cancer?
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is an extreme type of morning sickness. It is a pregnancy related queasiness and additionally painful at times. It can stop proper intake of food and other nourishments in your system which would affect the growing baby within, as well. Affecting around one to three percent of ladies, HG can lead to weight reduction, lack of healthy food intake and dehydration. In extreme cases, it can lead to unnatural birth cycle and, it can at times, be lethal.
Certain reasons can expand a woman’s odds of having serious morning sickness during pregnancy. Notwithstanding, having a family history of the condition, the following can put a woman at risk:
- The conceiving amount (twins, triplets, and so on.)
- History of motion sickness in general
- A headache or migraines with nausea
The queasiness or nausea can be so extreme at times that it can affect both, the mother as well as the baby. The powerlessness to not being able to eat the proper nourishment makes it difficult for the woman to meet her health and nutrient needs. Subsequently, she may get weaker. Furthermore, lost liquids, combined with the loss of stomach acid that happens during pregnancy, can bring about the lack of hydration and cause a complicated pregnancy.
In case a woman does not get treatment, it can bring about numerous complexities, including organ failure and the untimely birth of the infant. It is critical to talk to the specialist if a pregnant woman has any of the following indications:
- Sickness that continues throughout the day, making it difficult to eat or drink
- Vomiting that happens three to four times each day or losing one’s appetite
- Vomit that has blood or dashes of blood in it
- Weight reduction
- Black out or unsteadiness
- Diminished urine
- Fast heart rate
- Continuous migraine
- Parched mouth
- Extreme weakness
Medications that are normally used for morning sickness, for example, eating dry saltines in the morning might be suggested for women with extreme morning sickness. Treatments for this condition may include:
- A brief time of not eating by mouth to rest the gastrointestinal framework
- Intravenous (IV) liquids
- Vitamin and nourishing supplements
In case it is extreme, the pregnant lady might get a prescription to stop the vomiting, either by mouth or through an IV. The specialist may suggest eating foods with ginger or taking vitamin B6 supplements to mitigate sickness. The following can likewise offer assistance:
- Following a bland diet
- Eating regular little meals
- Drinking a lot of liquids when not feeling nauseous
- Staying away from hot and greasy foods
- Eating high-protein snacks
- Staying away from tactile boosts that can act as triggers
Therefore, morning sickness or vomiting is not always to be taken lightly during pregnancy. One should always consult a specialist when going through the same in an extreme way.
4 Proven ways of getting rid of dark circles
If your eyes have dark circles under them, then it surely points towards an unhealthy and hectic lifestyle. Dark circles not only have a negative effect on your appearance, but are also an indication of various underlying health problems such as poor sleeping patterns, allergies to certain foods or substances, asthma and anaemia to name a few. However, the good news is that you can easily get rid of dark circles and under eye puffiness by following a few simple remedies.
1. Cover your eyelids with cucumber or potato slices for a few minutes daily
Cucumber is known to be a natural skin lightening agent and even acts as a mild astringent (substances that cause body tissues to shrink), helping in removing dark circles. Moreover, applying cucumber on your eyes will give you a soothing and rejuvenated feeling. On the other hand, potatoes have bleaching properties, which make them effective against dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Slice a fresh cucumber and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover your eyelids with the thick slices and let them remain there for 10 minutes. Use cool water to rinse the area around your eyes. Do this two times a day for about a week.
Alternatively, you can use potato slices in the same way for your eyes. The only difference is that you don’t need to chill the potatoes.
2. Try soothing your eyes using cool tea bags
Tannin is an active ingredient of tea, which is known for eliminating skin discoloration. Moreover, application of cold tea bags over closed eyes reduces fatigue and cools your eyes. You can use them one or two times every day for a few weeks to eliminate dark circles completely.
Directions: Take 2 tea bags and soak them in water. Keep them in the refrigerator for some time till they get chilled. Put one tea bag on each eye and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your eyes after removing the tea bags.
Tip: For best results use chamomile or green tea bags.
3. Ensure that your facial muscles get some exercise daily
Exercising your facial muscles regularly helps in accelerating the body’s natural blood flow, thereby improving your skin tone and removing dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
Directions: Gently start massaging the area around your eyes with the tips of your fingers using circular movements. Continue by proceeding towards the top of your eyebrows. Move your fingers under your eyes and at the upper portion of your cheekbones. Then gently stroke the area under your eyes with your index fingers. Repeat the entire process 4 times.
Dark circles are often caused by factors like chronic stress and a hectic lifestyle. Practicing yoga and meditation regularly helps in beating dark circles as it reduces stress by keeping your body, mind and soul calm. Moreover, meditation relaxes you completely and ensures a healthy lifestyle, which further diminishes the prominence of dark circles.
I am pregnant of 3 months. At the end of 12 weeks there was bleeding. What should I do? Is this a risk to my baby. Pleas answer me quickly.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
She had a sex with her boy friend. On 28 march and she is not having period till now. She is having doubt about she is pregnant or not. And she is having vomiting. So please suggest me. What I should do.
Hi doctor. Meri shaadi abhi feb 2016 mein hui hai. Mein aur meri wife baby ke liye ready hai. Hamara intercourse bhi sahi tarah se hota hai. Aur humne har types se sex karke dekh liya. Last mein jab sex over hota hai to sara sperm vagina se bahar a jata hai. Aur meri pregnant bhi nahi hoti. Iske piche kya karan ho sakta hai. please answer hindi mein dijiyega.
Treatment for painful intercourse:
Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse due to medical or psychological causes. The pain can primarily be on the external surface of the genitalia, or deeper in the pelvis upon deep pressure against the cervix. It can affect a small portion of the vulva or vagina or be felt all over the surface. Understanding the duration, location, and nature of the pain is important in identifying the causes of the pain.
Numerous physical, psychological, and social or relationship causes can contribute to pain during sexual encounters.
Underlying causes determine treatment. Many women experience relief when physical causes are identified and treated.
The treatment for pain with intercourse depends on what is causing the pain. After proper diagnosis one or more treatments for specific causes may be necessary.
For pain due to yeast or fungal infections, a clinician may prescribe mycogen cream (nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide), which treats both a yeast infection and associated painful inflammation and itching because it contains both an antifungal and a steroid.
For pain thought due to post-menopausal vaginal dryness, estrogen treatment can be used.
For women with diagnostic criteria for endometriosis, medications or surgery are possible options.
In addition, the following may reduce discomfort with intercourse:
Both of you shave the pubic region regularly.
Use vaginal vibrator.
Also, add pleasant, sexually exciting experiences to your regular interactions, such as bathing together (in which the primary goal is not cleanliness), or mutual caressing without intercourse. In couples where a woman is preparing to receive vaginal intercourse, such activities tend to increase both natural lubrication and vaginal dilation, both of which decrease friction and pain. Prior to intercourse, oral sex may relax and lubricate the vagina.
Apply water-soluble sexual or surgical lubricant during intercourse. Discourage petroleum jelly. Lubricant should be liberally applied (two tablespoons full) to both the penis and the orifice. A folded bath towel under the receiving partner's hips helps prevent spillage on bedclothes.
Ask your partner to control the insertion by her hand.
For those who have pain on deep penetration because of pelvic injury or disease, recommend a change in coital position to one with less penetration. In women receiving vaginal penetration: maximum vaginal penetration is achieved when the receiving woman lies on her back with her pelvis rolled up off the bed, compressing her thighs tightly against her chest with her calves over the penetrating partner's shoulders. Minimal penetration occurs when a receiving woman lies on her back with her legs extended flat on the bed and close together while her partner's legs straddle hers.
I have my last period o 12 th april 2016, and next due date was 5th may, then on 9th may I took pregnancy test, I got positive result, but on 11 th may Dr. told till the sac is not visible, I am bit worried.
Helo Dr: Kindly help how to tighten the vagina. Actually when I don't discharge my hubbybis not able to intercroos but in discharge he is able to but we don't enjoy tht moment much. So kindly help how toh tighten it.
Hi My friend has irregular period problem. She got her period last time on 6 dec 2015. She had sex on 21 march. She has taken the pill as well within 2 hrs of sex. Is it possible that she can get pregnant.
My wife is now 44 years old. Two year before remove her uterus. Now she have no interest in sex life. She is now to much dry. Please suggest how to solve this problem I enjoy again married life.
Schedule a walk with a friend or co-worker. Ayurveda considers walking a tridoshic exercise: it balances all three doshas without putting excessive strain on your body. It calms the mind and nourishes the senses.
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.