Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sashi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I have sex With my wife on 15 jan and her period came 1 day late from her period cycle that is 25 jan and now its 29 feb and still her period didn't happens We have take 2 times pregnancy test with preganews but its shows negative then why period is not happening Is she is pregnant doctor or something else? Doctor please help us.
10Dosages take. Deviry tablet due to my misings period but still my period is not coming. And use also kit for sure. Result is negative. Help me. please doc. What should I do now.
How can I can test my wife pregnancy in home? Is there any home test? Or I have to go for blood or urine test in hospital?
My period is regular from last five months. But in this month miss my period. 4 days are completed. Then am I pregnant or not.
I am 25 year old and having one child. Post delivery I put on weight now I don't know how to reduce it. Please help me.
My wife is facing a lot of pain during first 2 or 3 days of her period. She consult to many gyno everyone told it will cure with time. Do I leave this on time or I have to go for some kind of checkup or treatment.
Mai 17 saal ka ladka hu maine aapni girlfriend ke sath pahile bar sex kiya hai yani aab vo virgin nhi hai par sex ke duran maine koi bhi saftey use nhi ki maine condoms use nhi kiya par mere partner ke vagina me maine cum jane nhi diya kya vo prgnant ho sakti hai? What should I do?
I have PCOD. Took clomifene from 2 nd day till 5 days. Went for follicular monitoring. On day 18, took injection 5000 ,follicle size was 23 mm ,2 in no. In right ovary. Today day 21 went for U/s n discovered no rupture, follicle size 28 and 30 mm. Wat r d chances of conception in this cycle? Will dese turn into cysts. U/S showed mild free fluid.
Post menopausal bleeding is vaginal bleeding that happens at least 12 months after your periods have stopped.
About 4 % of women suffer with the above problem.It is not normal to bleed after menopause and it has to be investigated.
Causes of post menopausal bleeding
Most common cause of post menopausal bleeding is atrophic vaginitis and atrophic endometritis.After menopause due to decrease in the level of harmones in the body there can be thinning and inflammation of the inner lining of the uterus.
Other causes of post menopausal bleeding are
polyps they refer to the extra growths of the inner lining of the uterus as well as the neck of the uterus(cervix).
PMB can also be because of thickening of the inner lining of the uterus, also called as hyperplasia.it can be because of extraneous harmones or obesity.
Less than 10% of the woman who suffer from PMB may have cancer of endometrium ,cervix and vagina.
your doctor will do an internal examination to examine the cervix and do a papsmear if it is due.
2)USG scan is done to note down the size of uterus and the thickness of the endometrium.based on these reports the doctor might decide about the further tests.
3)Endometrial biopsy a small tube will be inserted into the uterus and cells are collected and sent to lab to note if there is any thing abnormal .This is an office procedure.and ususlly does not require admission
4)Hysteroscopy it is a procedure where a small camera is put inside the uterus and a targetted biopsy taken from the suspicious area.
The treatment of PMB depends upon the cause.
If endometrial atrophy was the reason it can usually be traeated with estrogen creams and pessaries
Cervical and endometrial polyps require surgery to remove them.Hysteroscopic polypectomy refers to the surgery where in the polyp is removed under the guidance of the camera which is inserted into the uterus.
Endometrial hyperplasia can be treated with progesterone tablets or progesterone impregnated intrauterine devices.
Endometrial cancer will have to be treated with surgery for the removal of uterus and ovaries.Some patients may require chemo or radiotherapy as the stage of cancer may demand.
All in all postmenopusal bleeding doesnt mean the patient has cancer 90 percent of the time it is because of the benign causes but it should not be ignored but investigated.Its betTer to be safe than sorry.
I have done pregnancy test for the first time and as per the instructions given found it positive, but still have enough bought. So want to cost a gyeno. What all I need to ask and what all gyeno may ask to me.
Hi I am karthik my wife is 18 years she had stop the periods before tow month pls tell me what solution.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
What is the meaning of tpha positive Treponema pallidum haemagglutination ? Please explain in hindi. My husband is tpha positive. And tell treatment also.
I m 23 year old. My periods date is not came at a time. And since 2 months my date is not come. What can I do?
Your brain is strongly influenced by hydration status.
Studies show that even mild dehydration (1-3% of body weight) can impair many aspects of brain function.
In a study of young women, a fluid loss of 1.36% after exercise impaired both mood and concentration and increased the frequency of headaches .
Another similar study, this time in young men, showed that fluid loss of 1.59% was detrimental to working memory and increased feelings of anxiety and fatigue .
A 1-3% fluid loss equals about 1.5-4.5 lbs (0.5-2 kg) of body weight loss for a 150 lbs (68 kg) person. This can easily occur through normal daily activities, let alone during exercise or high heat.
Many other studies, ranging from children to the elderly, have shown that mild dehydration can impair mood, memory and brain performance .
Bottom Line: Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common causes to visit to your gynae are enlisted below:
- Menstrual irregularities: The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Painful sex: Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- General well-being: Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
- Itchy vagina: Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).