Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. SasasnkYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 24years old. Since last month I have been suffering from headache. Daily at afternoon it is coming. Minimum one hour it is irritating me. So please suggest me what is the solution.
My grandma is 70 years old and she's having disc problem for last few years and cervical problem also. She's also a heart patient. Before 3 weeks she's felt down while standing from bed but she just complain for back pain and not any other problem. But from that day her condition is getting worse and we didn't know the reason. Although we have consult a doctor after thatXray had been done. Dr. said condition is same as before. Now she can't even walk for toilets. Dr. said we have to give injections of calcium and of nerve so that she can come back towards her normal condition. Dr. we just want to know the reason of weakness that she's not able to stand up by herself not even able to do anything by her.
I am very anxious to know about the method of squeezing soybean chunks before cooking. Why we have to squeeze these chunks? During squeezing the white cloud like formation release in the hot water, what does it contain in the cloud formation? In this connection I want to also ask that does soybean chunks or any other soya materials decrease sexual life (i.e decreasing of low sperm count, acting as an anti- androgen, etc). I rarely eat soybean as my diet is mainly non- vegetarian. I have searched regarding this topic in the internet also, but I have got different answers on different websites. Please guide me in a proper way. Hoping for your immediate and kind response.
I have pain in my neck what should I do? When I sleep I feel heavy pain in my neck and when I wake up that time I also feel same.please help
Is stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis treatment available in India and whats the cost of this treatment?
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.