Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sarwesh SinghalYour feedback matters!
I got a hit on my left eye by a sand piece. I have pain in my eye and a black mark happens on white area. (Upper side). What to do?
Hi my mom has some high BP and her right eye has got blood clot. When it will be alright she consult to doctor he has given some eye drops when she can be alright.
I am using spectacle for low vision no. +1 for reading, it was ok for 1 year but now It headache when I read any document from near the eyes. Is it ok or no. Has been increased .
I oftenly suffer from blurred eyesight while I am studying. When I am in contact with my study material or cell phone I have to look here and there to far off things to make that blurred eyesight to stop troubling me. I m fed up of this. What should I do?
How can do for brain is why working properly and sharp. And my eyes weak so hw can I do for eyes feeling relax?
Hello. I wear a glass from 5 years. Bt my focal length didn' t get normal. I didn' t want to wear glasses.
I'm suffering with viral fever and infection on my knees and a major problem that is I have colour blindness and tuberculosis.
I have a puss secretion on my eyes. I consult my doctor bt he recommend to do insertion operation to suck the puss. Is that safe?
Sir, i have CSR in my right eye and is improving. recently, i am seeing ghost images on bright surfaces like text in tv etc. it is there in either eye with on eye closed. if i wear glasses then the ghost image disappears. sometimes if i see straight also the ghost image disappears. i am very much worried. on the first day of its appearance i visited an opthalmologist, they said nothing in the left eye rather than CSR in RE. i am not diabetic or have BP. would request your help.
Hi sir I have cataracts in both eye by birth. Now I am 25 year old boy. doctors do cataract surgery on my eye when I was 6 and 7 year old. But till now I wear. Specs and I have heavy cylinder numbers but wearing specs I can not able to see like normal man I have poor vision even I wear specs In Right eye Dist/cost=. SPH 7.0 CYL 2.0. AXIS 150. WISSION WITH GLASSES 6/24 NEAR= SPH 4.0 CYL 2.0 AXIS 150. vision WITH GLASSES J! Left eye DIST = SPH 2.5. CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES 6/ 18 NEAR =SPH 0.5 CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES J, I WRITE ABOVE AS eye doc write in my vision card after checking my eye. doctor said my eye lens which fit by cataracts operation is dusty so my vision is poor There is no solution! I first want to know can I deserve Low vision certificate by civil surgeon? 2nd thing I want to know is there any new technology for me? Who give me good vision even with specs. Kya ye ho sakta he cataracts ka re operation kar ke naya latest focal lenses fit liya ja ske purine wale ki jagah to me jyada nahi to thoda bahar dekh saku kyuki is sthiti me computer ke small font padh pa rahi sakta or degree hone ki bavjud achi job computer pe nahi kar pa sakta so please please ans me Aur kya contact lenses wear kar sakta hu? Jo dur aur najdik dono ka dekh ne me comfort de wesa koi contact lenses suggest kare Above all questions are very important for me so please ans it sir.
I have red eye problem,eye going to be stess with redness,after that head ache will accuring,2 days consulted famous opthomologist he said u don't have any alergy eyes are going to be strain u dont have any prblome and the Said use any lubrication.but im suffering daily with redeye and stress feeling I'm not going to be active what can I do plz help me sir
White sticky string like infection gomes in the eye. I am diabetic, hypertensive and have lost one eye to macular edema. Please suggest remedy.
Im 23 years old and im having problem with my eye sight. Some times I have severe headache and my eyes will be little blurrysome time. Note: my right eye was damaged little bit in my childhood.
My eyes are watering continuously since last 10 years. I have taken treatments many times from various eye hospitals and Doctors but it couldn't stop. What should I do?
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.