Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Sarvesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old man, I have been suffered headache (frontal), nose block, cough and slight fever (occasionally) for 15 years. My appetite also lost.
I am 20 years old female. I have asthma and I use inhalers for the same reason. I have a issue that I'm allergic to Paracetamol. I'm worried as if got dengue or something I can't use Aspirin and one physician asked me not to use Brufen. Every doctor I have visited do not believe what I say. Currently when I get a temperature I use Paracetamol only but it gives me these red rashes to my neck, underarms etc and it spread to chest and face. Please help.
I am suffering from cough for past 3 to 4 years. I have done a lot of check ups but nothing came out. What should I do?
I get my nose blocked during sleep. I normally sleep with both fan and A.C. On Auto Adjust mode at a temperature of 25 degree. I wake up with breathlessness and then I am not able to sleep. I feel depressed and I am unable to decide whether I should switch off A.C. Or fan or I should alter the mode of A.C. To suppress cold like symptoms. Please help me how I should sleep properly.
I have tonsils, I want you tell me homemade remedy and I also have problem of constipation since 10 days. Please help me.
I am 25 yrs old male, I am having cough throughout the year. What is reason n remedy for it. Please guide.
I am 24 years old and a female having headache since last 3 days I am also having sinus problem please suggest me.
We take the act of breathing for granted, but for many people this simple action can be quite difficult. Difficulty breathing is one of the characteristic symptoms of asthma. This is because of an inflamed, narrow airway. Asthma can be allergic, hereditary, emotional or occupational in nature and can significantly lower the quality of a person’s life.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses not only the symptoms of a problem, but its root cause. This form of treatment takes into consideration the physical, mental and emotional state of a person. It has negligible side effects and hence can be prescribed to people of all ages.
Some of the most frequently prescribed homeopathic remedies for asthma are:
- Ipecac: This is used in cases where the patient suffers from sudden wheezing, dyspnoea, anxiety and feels a weight on his chest. In such cases, the asthma is aggravated by motion and a constant cough often causes gagging and vomiting.
- Arsenicum: Arsenicum is beneficial in cases where the patient is elderly and asthmatic attacks are more frequent after midnight. These patients suffer from anxiety, restlessness, burning in the chest, dry dysponea and fear suffocation. Allergic asthma caused by humidity can also be treated by arsenicum.
- Antim Tart: This is prescribed to patients who suffer from a rattling cough with little mucus expectoration. In many instances this cough is triggered by eating and can be relieved by lying on one side. This type of asthma also makes the patient feel drowsy and weak. Antim Tart is especially beneficial for young children and elderly people.
- Nux Vomica: Asthma can also be triggered by gastric troubles. In such instances breathing is more difficult in the morning and is marked by a dry cough and a feeling of fullness in the stomach. Nux Vomica is an excellent remedy for such types of asthma. These asthmatic cases also worsen in winters and may be accompanied by a headache or stomach ache.
- Carbo veg: This homoeopathic remedy is prescribed in cases where the patient’s face turns blue at the time of an asthmatic attack. These patients also suffer from stomach troubles and a cough accompanied by itchiness in the larynx. Along with this, they tend to feel cold, especially in their hands and feet.
Though homoeopathy has negligible side effects, it should not be used to self medicate. Homeopathic medicine should be prescribed only after the doctor has a thorough physical and emotional understanding of the patient.
I want to quit smoking so what should I do for it and if I do not do that then which I have to prefer and what is the symptoms of lung cancer can you please answer me?
There is some problem in my nose from which I can't be able to breathe well and that side headache is there. Is this serious? What I hsve to do.
Sometime I feel problem in breathing. It is generally when I think something. I had consult about it with doctor (cardiologist. But he said it was not physical issue. I'm alright. But still I feel the same problem.
I am having cold and flu from past 4 days but today I m having continuous cold and blocked nose. What to do? Previously I had cold maybe 3 or 4 months back. At that time physician prescribed me NOXEL-L, paracetamol and some cough syrup. Why am I having frequent cold. Is their any thing wrong with me?
Sir, I have lots of pain on my chest and also cough. Huge cough. please help me what I do and I have also used lots of medicine but there is no improvement.
I am 30 years old. I have been suffering from cough for the past 2 weeks. It is getting increased at night. I tried having cough syrups but didn't work. Can you please help me out.
I am 25 year female. I jave sinus problem, cold allergy, dust allergy. Now I have cold and cough. I am coughing all day and night. And my throat is itching whenever I caught cold. Now I can't sleep at night. Does it happen for allergy? please give me a quick suggestion which stop my cough.
I have cough since last two year and cough attack start on night alternately I consult my doctor for that He said that you have bronchitis What is this and which medicine I take for that please help me?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.