Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarvesh Kumar
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarvesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I have a tonsil stone, and from last 2-3 days I am facing problem in swelling food .At morning my neck thyroid pains and I split brown cough. I can't take food properly due to pain. What medicine should I take?
Sir my mother has tb and report say abf seen and after one week no AFB grown. I have a doubt that tb is contagious. So do any of my family can catch tb. My mother is using tablets now she is ok. And please suggest a diet also.
Actually i had a problem of sinus before 2 months.Now its come one more time.I had a problem of ear,head.I feel like water holding in my head anmd i get hear loss while hearing to headphone not only head phone but also got ear pain while hearing audio sounds from outside speakers like t.V,computers.Etc actuall\y its very painful for me.I couldnt hear any sounds.It affects my professional life over personal life.I want to releive from this.Kindly help me to get better
Do you know about a condition called cystic fibrosis that makes your baby’s skin taste very salty after birth? The condition changes over time, in which the body makes sweat and mucus, and also affects the digestive system and lung functioning. The condition generally occurs because of a flawed gene. This is a severe and life-threatening disease that affects different people in different ways.
The gene, called CTFR is present in all humans. It makes a protein that controls the amount of water and salt, which get moved in and out of your cells. In the case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken. This happens when a person inherits two bad copies of this specific gene. One bad CFTR gene may cause your cells to make the wrong or imbalanced amount of water and salt. Because of this, your body becomes unable to get the supply of sufficient nutrients and oxygen that are lost through sweating.
There are several symptoms associated with cystic fibroids that include the following:
- It is likely for you to cough up thin mucus, along with shortness of breath, and wheezing.
- The development of polyps in your nose is indicated.
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or bronchitis may occur.
- Your stool may be oily, bulky, and with a foul odor.
- Liver diseases and gallstones may develop later in life because of cystic fibroids.
There is no certain treatment for cystic fibroids. However, there are various treatment procedures that are used for providing relief to the symptoms of the condition. This allows an affected patient to breathe easily, feel better, and experience lesser stomach infections. You can opt for airway clearance technique that helps you with your breathing. The procedure involves the clearance of mucus from your lungs. This procedure is carried out in several ways and special devices may be used during the proceedings.
- Certain inhaled drugs like steroids, salt solutions, and antibiotics are used for thinning your mucus layers, and for clearing lung infections.
- If your pancreas do not work properly, you may be prescribed enzyme pills for the digestion of fats and protein, and for the absorption of more nutrients from the food you consume.
- You may also be prescribed vitamin A, D, and E supplements for getting these nutrients, which are not being absorbed by your intestine.
- You must consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of cystic fibrosis in your baby. This will allow the condition to be diagnosed at an early stage, thereby preventing further worsening.