Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarveet Rastogi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sarveet RastogiYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.
Hi a long time when I stretched my body not for exercise a natural stretch I got stuck (ex like a straight line immediately turned to round) and got lots of pain now a days it happens a lot 5-6 times per day all of my body parts like fingers, Arms, back legs, down in breast, and all parts Sometime in my bed my legs stuck very horrible I crys a lot so doctor please suggest me anything I am worried about this problem some people told me this happens for heavy cold but I don't know please help me.
I am Dr. Ankit Bhartia. I am an orthopedician and i am specialized in orthoscopy and orthoplasty of the knee hip and shoulder. I practice at Sparsh orthopedics and sports injury center on the Sohna Road Gurgaon. Today I will be talking about the ligament injuries.
Ligaments are tough band of tissues which connects to bone. In the knee joint there are four ligaments which stabilize the knee. These are the cruciate ligament and the posterior cruciate ligament which are inside the joint and middle collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament which are outside the joint. These ligaments can stress or can get torn or in this case or whenever there is injury to the knee. The injury can occur in lot of circumstances. These are landing or jumping in a flexion knee, stopping suddenly during running, twisting the knee over on of slanted foot and direct blow to the knee can cause injury to any of four ligaments of the knee. These injuries are more common in sports persons. Those playing basketball, football, gymnast are all prone to fast injuries. During injury, patient may feel sudden pop or snap sound during the injury and immediately after that patient may feel pain which may be severe to mild and varieties of swelling which can again severe to mild. Patient will not be able to completely select reasoning or extend the knee. He will always have a walkway and it will always be painful and patient will have the feeling of looseness of the joint in the sense that he will be instable during walking or enduring pain climbing stairs from walking on uneven surfaces. Ligament injuries once happens in a patient we will have to consult an orthopedician. The orthopedician will examine the knee thoroughly and guide him for about the diagnosis and treatment.
Partial knee ligament injuries can be treated by conservative ways and the treatment which you will be advised for are rest to the knee joint, ice pack to the compression apparel dressings in the form of the kneecap or say bandage elevation of the knee joint and external bracing or knee support in the form of knee brace to support the knee joint till the ligaments are healed and medications which will be prescribed.
Our analysis and anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the swelling will be prescribed to you and physiotherapy to strengthen knee joint are very important to help in healing of the ligaments and recover to the full extent. Once the knee is completely torn, the completely torn ligament like ACL and PCL does not leave by itself nor it cannot connect be repaired. It can only be reconstructed nowadays.
In the past what has happened is lot of athletes had to leave this post because of this ligament injuries and no successful treatment is available but now a specifically these ligaments can be reconstructed and very small instruction are given and it is all done as quickly where a ligament is taken from one part of the body and is implanted into the injured part and and recovery is possible and return to the activity is guided by physiotherapy. Doctor has some patients recover very fast, some take time to recover so it is a guided process. Within first week you will start and your increase in activity will depend upon your recovery process as such.
How to prevent ligaments of your knee to get injured?
- Very important is to warm up before all activity especially evasive activities, gym and the morning walks etc.
- Another thing is to strengthen your thigh muscles, strengthen your knee muscles is very important apart from strengthening, stretching of the muscles is also equally important.
How to prevent the injuries to the knee?
- Most important thing is to strengthen your knee muscles and to maintain the flexibility apart from extension you need to do stretching of your knee muscle as well.
- Second most important thing is to always warm up before starting any kind of exercise, running, gyming or sports.
- Apart from this you need to take care that you should not start to any of the activity of the knee and you should not even increase the limit of your activity abruptly.
Thank you. To contact me and to consult me, you can contact Lybrate or you can call up at Sarah Orthopedic and Sports Injury Center, Sohna road, Gurgaon.