Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarup Khana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sarup KhanaYour feedback matters!
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.
Hi I am 32 years old male. I am suffering with excessive mouth water in sleep I would like to know which doctor do I need to consult .
One of my wisdom teeth has been infected and I visited a nearby dentist. He assured me of an RCT and also a extra unwanted covering over wisdom teeth to be cut off as food gets lodged inside it and cause inflammation .I want to know whether it will be a good decision to do such surgery from a clinic without any support staff or from a hospital as there might be bleeding after surgery?
After brushing my tongue, I began to notice streaks of bleed when spitting in the sink. I located the source and it was right on top just a little towards the back. Its very easy to see the area when sticking my tongue out and looking in the mirror. The bleeding very, very minor, almost like a pin and would likely not be noticeable without rinsing. The odd part is, the bleeding almost immediately subsides, but always come from the exact same spot. When its not bleeding, there's absolutely no indication of a lesion or bump on the tongue whatsoever. It looks perfectly normal, even upon very close lighted inspection. There appears to be no subsurface bumps either. It feels and looks perfectly smooth like the surrounding areas. Is this something to be concerned about and worthy of a special appointment or is this something fairly typical? I brush my tongue in the morning with the standard toothbrush and have never had this, nor sourness from it as a result. I'm a 25y/o male. Thanks!
I have pulp polyp. Went to a dentist. She said that its in my molar (deciduous tooth) she said that its my milk tooth and the permanent tooth did not came even when I am 19 now. So that's why I have problem of pulp polyp in my tooth. She said that I will have to pull out that teeth and to fill tha gap I should get braces. Is the reason by this doctor justified?
Intermittent light gum bleeding but not while brushing. All tooth are intact no problem.Please prescribe me to overcome from problem ?
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately