Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saroj MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 39 years old. Last year in may I had sex and it was unprotected for the first time on 20th nay 2016. After that I did not have sex for about a year. This year my last period happened on 26th march 2017, in the month of april my period did not start and I was not worried because I did not have any sex. But on 13th of may I had unprotected sex with a man who is 53 years old. My period did not come till date. I have hypothyroid also. What are the chances of my being pregnant? And after hiw many days of sex should I check with home pregnancy kit? Pls advise me as I do not want any baby.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.
I had sex on April 20 with protection and I'm facing spotting on may 10th. Does it mean I'm pregnant? I did use a condom.
Hello sir mujhe kuch janna tha mera next period date 30 KO tha aaj 5 hua avi tk Nai aaya lekin white pani nikal RHA h mujhe aisa mahsus ho RHA h BuT nikal Nai RHA to kya Mai pregnent hu.
PMS or premenstrual syndrome affects women exactly prior to their menstrual cycle. This syndrome may have affects manifold, impacting a woman’s physical health, behavior and emotions. The condition is very common and affects more than 80% of the women before their monthly cycles begin.
The exact cause of PMS is not yet ascertained. It is believed that changes in hormones in the body can lead to PMS. Before the menses start, progesterone and estrogen levels tend to dip in the body. This hormonal dip results in anxiety, anger and irritability issues. Levels of serotonin, a chemical in the brain which affects your moods and thoughts, in the body also decrease at this time. Here are certain factors which make you prone to PMS –
Family history of PMS
Being subject to domestic violence
Emotional and physical trauma
Past history of mood disorders
The menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. On the 14th day, egg is released from the ovaries; this is known as ovulation. The bleeding or menstruation occurs on the 28th day of the cycle. Symptoms of PMS start to show up from around the 14th day of the cycle.
PMS includes signs such as abdominal cramps, bloating, acne and sudden craving for sweet foods. Stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhea are also common. Mental disorders such as anxiety and mild depression have also been observed.
Managing PMS Symptoms-
With PMS, one can take these steps to deal with the various signs of discomfort. Here are some remedies to deal with PMS symptoms:
Eat a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables to get Vitamins and minerals in the required amounts.
Keep yourself hydrated to ease symptoms of bloating.
Consuming supplements of folic acid, Vitamin D and calcium can help easing the symptoms.
Sleep for 6-8 hours on a regular basis.
Exercise regularly to beat stress and avoid bloating.
Try relaxation techniques to get rid of stress or at least limit stress levels.
Some pain killers can help combat the pain resulting from muscle aches.
Hello Doctor. I am married and have a 1.5 year old kid. I have got an unexpected pregnancy for which I am not prepared. I am out of station and will not b able to attend a doctor at least for 15 days. Can you pls suggest me a pill for abortion as I do not want to delay.
I'm 21 years old female. My periods are absent due to sex before 1 week of periods time. I dont want any pregnancy now. What should I do. Is there any alternate solution.
I am 28 years old 4 years back married. 6 months back doctor said I have hormone disturbance. I have bi lateral poly cystic ovaries 6-8 mm noted. She gave siphene 50 mg to use I used for 4 months stopping 1 month middle. I have under gone follicular study egg was raptured but no result I did not get pregnant please help me. Even though egg was released why did not became pregnant I do no, can you tell me reasons why please. My prolactin is 17. 83ng/ml I have dons hsg it is normal. My husband count is 40 millions. Please tell. And my periods are ending with in 2 days only why.
If ejaculated in underwear and some of it landed on pubic hair then wash penis once with water in the process underwear became wet and the opening of pant, my question is if someone sits on that wet pant with just their underwear can she get pregnant?
I have a small cyst on both of my breast but it neither pains me firstly I do not know what is it but now this things pinch me out what is it? What should I do?
Hi, I am of 21 years unmarried girl, my regular days are from 21-27 of every month and I got my periods on 23rd sep which ended on 27th and on 28th sep I had sex without protection but within 72 hours I took that unwanted 72. On 5th and 6th of october I again had periods but this time it was brown blood. On 16th october I again had sec without protection but he ejaculated outside on that time I didn't took any medicine. Now its 7th november till now their is no sign of periods. And I did the test also today in the morning but the result was negative only one pink/purple line appeared in the box. Can the results be false? Or something else is the reason of not getting my periods on time? Pls answer.
I have got pink spotting for one day during my periods my period date was 14 June but came on 9 June with one-day pink spotting and nothing till now ,regular I bleed for 4 days in periods, is this a sign of pregnancy.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 14th february 2017 with out any protection but my boyfriend told he didn't spammed me. And after that I got period on 15th february and also on 14th march. But after my 2nd period I feel like my upper abdomen being tight. My food habit weight everything are normal there any worry about it?
The discharge of semen during sleep usually as a result of erotic dreams is called nocturnal emission. It is also called “wet dreams” or “night falls”. It is not just boys who get these wet dreams. Even girls and women can have erotic dreams as a result of pent-up sexual desires, which may lead to orgasms during sleep. Wet dreams are quite natural when it happens once or twice in a month. on the other hand it needs medical attention.
There are multiple reasons give for nocturnal emissions. The most common seems to be that the body was partly designed for nocturnal emissions because a man needs to ejaculate from time to time even when he is not sexually active. it is natural way or releasing sexual tension. More specifically, nocturnal emissions are stimulated only from the brain. They happen when a man is actually dreaming (which is not all the time while he is sleeping!). Nocturnal emissions can happen regardless of the type of dream although these dreams are usually sexual.