Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Saroj MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam My wife got 2 abortion reason was baby does not connect to mother and does not grow Doctor said me to get semen test but I think if my wife conceive baby then what is the mean of semen test.
Involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle, located at the base of the lungs, causes hiccups. Such spasms cause the sudden, quick closure of the vocal cords, during air inhalation, causing you to gasp with the characteristic ‘hic’ sound. Hiccupping is an uncontrolled reflex action, often triggered for no apparent reason.
They occur frequently and are more common in newborns and infants. A hiccupping bout generally continues for a few minutes and subsides on its own. These spasms generally occur in a constant rhythmic pattern. They are often set off by anything that creates a pressure on or around the diaphragm. These include:
- Eating too fast or because of the speedy swallowing of food
- Consumption of exceptionally hot and spicy foods
- Consumption of aerated fizzy beverages
- Lack of sleep, stress and exhaustion
- Excess consumption of Alcohol
- Intake of certain medications
How problematic can they be?
In most cases, hiccups stop within a short period of time. Persistent hiccups however, keep occurring for over 48 hours and some continue for over a month, which are also medically termed as Intractable Hiccups. Medical attention is required when hiccups start interfering with sleeping or eating patterns, cause intense breathing difficulty and vomiting. Relentless hiccupping can be painful and extremely tiring. It creates discomfort in the upper abdominal region, and hinders normal routine.
Home remedies for it
Hiccups are generally not serious and most often resolved by simple home remedies. Some of these home remedies include quickly drinking a glass of water, holding your breath for a while or evenly breathing into a paper bag.
Persistent hiccups, that occur at frequent intervals and continue for weeks and months could, however, be indicative of an underlying serious health condition. Therefore, you must visit a doctor if your hiccups do not subside easily.
Incessant hiccups could be symptoms of any type of liver or abdominal disease or lung disease such as pneumonia. Strokes, brain tumours and certain nervous disorders may also cause hiccups; as such disorders create a disturbance in the functioning of the diaphragm.
In case of painful, frequent hiccups, the physician may prescribe you some medications. These may include certain types of muscle relaxants, sedatives, analgesics or any other kind of stimulant that can help in providing a remedy.
How can you ‘prevent’ it?
The onset of a bout of hiccups, is mostly self induced, involuntary spasms, thus cannot often be predicted or prevented. However, certain precautions may be taken to avoid recurrence. Abstinence from smoking, controlled drinking, not gulping down food too fast are only a few ways that control the frequency of hiccups. However, it is always advisable to get yourself examined by a medical practitioner in case of a prolonged spell of hiccups.
Hello Doctor. I am Gopal. I have some doubt which i really look to clear this out. I and my GF made 1 month back. It was the next day of her last day of periods, but made it incomplete as she was bleeding during intercourse. None was discharged, but we both were afraid of that liquid moisture which male releases during intercourse. So we decided to take contraceptive pill (Unwanted 72). She again had her periods after 2-3 days of having that pill. Also her periods are not stable. And we are still waiting for her periods. We both are afraid. Please help
The delivery of my wife done on on April. The last menstrual period started at 26.06.2016. We had sex on 18.07.2016. I, e, after 22 days. Till now period not started yet. When we can go for pregnancy test. When she can go for abortion medicine.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant now. She has lost weight by 2 kgs and she has leg pain to. Is it normal or should we consider a doctor?
I'm 21 years old female and my periods are 17 days late. Recently did a Prega News test and it came positive. I cannot have a pregnancy now as I'm too young. Kindly let me know if there is any safe way to go about it.
I am having problem of pcod and I am now pregnant its the first month I used preganews to know it what care should I take.
I've been having really painful periods. It is especially painful because of the cramps and the constipation. There's a really sharp pain whenever I try to poop or pass gas. My period has been getting stronger and I've also been getting a lot of fatigue. I looked it up and I think I have endometriosis.
I had sex with my gf and she is not having her period we consulted a gynaeco and its negative she had given some medicine is there still any fear.
Irregular periods n taking ayurvedic medicine since last three months. But still didn't get periods. Is there any problem.
My friend had dry humping with Her boy friend she was wearing panty and jogging and his boy friend was wearing underwear .and he realses on her is there any possibility to get pregnant.
My wife very afraid. When I want to sex with her. I got married in 2008 but my first night is pending. She always afraid. What's the problem and solutions. Please advice?
I have pco problem. Counts 8. I m getting Periods 3 or 4 months once. I have thyroid prob. before one month tsh s 9. This month came to 3.34. I m taking homeopathy medicine For both problem past 3 months. I got married before 2 yrs. We will plan child after 6 months from now. Without any medicines we postponing till now. Due to family situation. I'm getting so much fear doctor. All tells, if you postpone. There will b problem in conceiving. I have these two problem also which will affect pregnancy. Please clear my doubts and tell me a good way.
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
Hi when my husband did a sex at a time i am bleeding before that i am not bleeding. After that my bleeding is continuesly 3days then it stopped after that I dont get periods is there any chance to get pragnancy
Hi, my cousin got married at last year, almost one over but not yet confirmed pregnancy. What is problem can you help.
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
- Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility: Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body. Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
- Secretions from Implants: Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
- Prostaglandins: Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And, the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.