Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarla Singh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarla SinghYour feedback matters!
Any natural way to treat premature ejaculation with out consulting at home .Give some useful information or advice for treatment.
I am ishan shrivastva and I usually suffer from throat pain and throat gets dry. Please tell me some solution for that, which I can follow immediately so that later I can protect myself from fever.
My TSH level is 11.66 T3 is 117 T4 is 8.3 What should I conclude as TSH is out of range and T3, T4 are well in limit.
I am having heavy headache and my heart beats fast at time. And I feel stress sometimes so what do I do?
The famous adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” has given apples a lot of popularity. If you are visiting someone who is ill, the safest fruit to take would be apples. It is also one of the first foods to be given to an infant. It is also known for its soothing effect on the stomach. Be it weight watchers or recovering patients, apple is what everybody reaches out to.
People, however, have developed a misconception that the peel of the apple contains chemicals and should be peeled off before consumption. Not many realize that the maximum benefits of an apple are realized only when it is eaten with the peel.
Read on to know more about eating a whole apple versus a peeled one.
- Fiber: If fruits are known for their fiber, then peeling the apple takes away more than half the fiber content from it. An apple with peel gives about 4 g of fiber, while without it gives about 1.5 to 2 g. That is almost 50%, which definitely is not worth throwing out.
- Vitamins and minerals: Apples are considered good sources of potassium and vitamins like C and A. Same as fiber, more than half the benefits are lost if the peel is removed. Since potassium goes a long way in keeping the heart healthy, wouldn't it be great to reap those benefits?
- Cancer-fighting agent: Apples contain triterpenoids, which are believed to either kill or control the growth of cancer cells. These again are concentrated in the peel, and peeling an apple takes away this benefit.
- Fat burner: The skin of the apple contains ursolic acid, which helps in fighting obesity by burning more fat, and peeling it takes away the fat-burning benefits of an apple. This also helps in improving sugar and glucose levels and also aids weight loss.
- Antioxidants: Apples contain a compound called quercetin which helps in controlling memory loss and dementia. This again is concentrated in the skin, which should, therefore, be retained. The bioactive substances including polyphenols and pectins are also lost when the peel is removed.
- Eases breathing: The same quercetin also helps in easing breathing and improves lung function. This is especially important in people who have chronic lung issues like asthma.
One point of contention here is that most people peel the apple as it is not healthy and full of wax coating which gives it a fresh look. Organic apples are therefore preferred compared to the glossy ones. Further, you can dip your fruits in drinking water for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it without worrying about superficial add-on chemicals. When nicely washed, these apples are devoid of wax and also pack in all the required nutrients.
Quick tip for festivals
Try to have a fruit smoothie made especially from unpeeled apple with little curd water and honey, avoid banana. It is a perfect way to boost your energy during festivities while keeping your calories in check. So, go ahead and eat them to your heart’s content. Remember to keep the peel on though! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Born as a male but feel like a female OR born as a female but feel like a male. Some persons are unable to feel comfortable in the physical gender that they are born in; their mind, brain, feeling and thoughts are all of the opposite sex. This uncomfortableness in their mind about their physical gender is termed as Gender Identity Disorder.
What's the cause?
We do not know the exact cause of this disorder, but it is hypothesized that developmental changes in the brain and the body do not sync, and the brain/mind is left with a different gender than the body. This is mostly an unidentifiable and unpredictable change.
What are the symptoms?
- Children might express a desire to dress up as the opposite sex.
- They might express replusion at one's own sex organs/genitals.
- As adolescence begins, they do not develop feelings of attraction towards members of the opposite sex. Some complain of revulsion about their pubertal changes.
- Males want to pee while sitting down, while females want to do it standing up.
- Their behavior is often more like that of the opposite sex, e.g. boys might display feminine gestures, while girls might indulge in risk taking and reckless behavior.
- As they become adult, a realisation that they are stuck in a body that they do not like causes depression and anxiety.
Diagnosis: A diagnosis of Gender Identity Disorder (GID) is made based on a detailed assessment by a Psychiatrist, who is specially trained in this assessment. WPATH standards mandate that this is an ongoing assessment, and involves facilitating the process of Hormonal Treatment and eventual Sex Reassignment Surgery. The whole process can take 2-3 years.
Treatment: For those who have severe GID, eventual sex reassignment surgery is the treatment and outcome. However, support of family, friends and a Good Psychiatrist can enable a smooth transition. Psychiatrists will often use antidepressants and anxiolytics to make it easier for the person to cope with societal and family pressures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!