Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita SukhijaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, Yesterday me and bf kissed in the bed and he has also fingered me after washing his hands with dettol and applying sanitiser. He was in shorts. Is there any chance of pregnancy? He did not ejaculate anytime. Morning I felt bit stomach pain.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old we are trying to conceive. So we are consulting gynecologist in my area she recommended me to folic acid and zink+wit tablets. What was the benefits of these two tablets and how they helped me to get pregnant. Pls answer.
Me n my girlfriend had pleasure with underwear n I ejaculated in my underwear n my girlfriend's underwear also became little wet with my sperm in the side of her underwear! Then she immediately washed the underwear with soap and wore the underwear while it was wet! Is there any chances of her becoming pregnant?
I have done my urine pregnancy test and it was positive my last periods was on 10 March 2016. Bhcg was 32650 and I have no such symptoms of pregnancy . is i am pregnant or not ?
I'm 25 years old. I used unwanted 72 after that my period came 26th oct. With is a early period. Now there is no sign of my period. 26th Nov is passed. It's already 5 days late. What to do.
I am working in IT. I have undergone for c-section and my kid is going to complete one year.Since three to four months there is bleeding(continous for two week and stops for week and again starts).I undergone for Pelvic scan following doctor suggestion and it results everything good.I took pause 500 tablet for 3 days its stooped for three weeks.Again its bleeding now.May i know whats the problem. Is it normal after delivery ?
Last sex kb hua tha I dnt no bt april ko hua after period nd yesterday ko usne prega news se test kiya tha negetive aaya aur nd now she hav stomach pain bt uska period nhi ho rha doc please text me soon.
Hi i Am a 38 year old unmarried woman, from past 5 years my menstrual cycle changed from 28 days to 24- 27 days. I do not have PCOD, no weight gain nothing. Please let me know how to deal with this cycle change.
My aunt is 5 months pregnant. Her placenta is very low. Please tell what could be the adverse effects of it and what precautions should be taken?
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
1. Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
2. Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
3. Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
4. Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello sir, I married one year before, still we do not have child, recently we have check the hemoglobin level of my wife its just 5.85 only. Also I have one bad habit in childhood days and teen ages, that is masturbation. Its effects the pregnancy. Please guide me.
Hi. Doctor. I had miscarriage 4 months ago. After that I am unable to conceive. There was irregular periods after miscarriage. But this month I got my normal periods. What should I do for conceiving.
Love and physical intimacy is an important part of one’s daily life. It is a ritual that most of us include in our daily lives. Physical intimacy is the connection that two people form between each other and it is something that keeps that connection going. In many cases, people encounter some sexual problems that can cause an impediment to the sexual journey of the couple together, and as individuals. One of the problems include sexual weakness which can leave a person with a feeling of fatigue and not ready for sexual intercourse. Ayurveda, with its ancient science proposes many ways in which one can explore one’s sexuality and get relief from the problem of sexual weakness.
Vatsayana's Kamasutra is one of the way. Its various sexual positions can help in exploring the sexual and sensual bond between the couple and during that journey a number of problems are repaired. Read on to know more.
History: Mallanaga Vatsayana was a holy sage, who lived in the strictly spiritual sense of the word. He worshipped the divine in both forms that is the female and male. He wrote the Kamasutra in the early 5th Century and it has become a tome of love making with ancient practices that can help couples to connect and heal simultaneously.
Following are some of the positions defined in the Kamasutra, to overcome sexual problems.
Sitting Positions: One of the main positions in this science of love making is the sitting position, which can actually soothe tired muscles of the area so that sexual weakness can be cured. This also gives power and comfort. In this position, it is mostly the woman who astride the man.
Karuma Position: This intimate position is a very sensuous one where the partners face each other. This position helps in fixing the problem of extreme sexual fatigue or weakness, as it allows the couple to bond with each other while touching each other with various parts of the body, which makes for prolonged foreplay. Since this position requires people to control their rhythm and position, it makes for a relaxed environment where sexual weakness can be prevented and repaired.
Dolita Position: This is a position that helps the couples to swing in gentle motion even as they are being physically intimate. It helps in building togetherness as the couples need to sit face to face with each other. The heels are usually locked around each other in this position, which gives ample support to the bodies. This helps in treating sexual weakness as well, as the body is not strained to an overwhelming degree.
Samdamsha Position: With this position, the man gets to sit back in a chair or on a bench, while the woman takes control. In this position, the couple gets to relax and enjoy each other without sexual weakness.
All the above mentioned positions will not only help you getting over the problem of sexual weakness, but also give you an intimate and fulfilling experience.
Further, the exotic fragrances also work wonders when it comes to enhancing the sexual drive and performance. These fragrances work like magic in stimulating the pituitary gland responsible for hormone production. These exotic fragrances help in keeping the pituitary gland in an active state. Some of these scents include lavender, jasmine and patchouli. Lavender is known to increase blood flow to genitals and improve female sensitivity. This enhances sexual experience for both man and woman. Jasmine works wonders for men and women both. It lifts the mood and has been used to fight frigidity, impotence and premature ejaculation for ages.
Aromatherapy is also a century old practices that people are turning to for better sexual and relaxing experience. Cinnamon, sandalwood, lavender, patchouli, coriander, jasmine and cardamom are some of the best aromatherapy oils that help in enhancing sexual experience for men.
If you are looking for natural ways to rev up your sexual libido, Vatsayana Kamasutra has it all. If you wish to enlarge your lingam, you should rub it with the hair of certain insects living in trees. After massaging young lingam with oils for ten nights, you will be required to rub with the hair of insects like before. After following this process, a swelling will gradually be produced in your lingam. This swelling usually lasts for life and is called ‘Suka’.
As mentioned in Vatsayana Kamasutra, the lingam can also be enlarged by massaging it with oil boiled on a medium flame along with the seeds of pomegranate and cucumber, the juices of valuka plant, hasti - charma plant and egg-plant. These remedies also produce a long lasting effect.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.