Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita Rani JaiswalYour feedback matters!
My father who is of 85 years of age was operated for prostate 3 months back, is suffering time and again due to infection in urine. All other reports are normal. Even after operation his urine is not clear and pressure is needed to to put to pass the urine. Kindly Suggest.
Hello I diagnose a malignancy tumor having sarcoma in my 11th rib measuring 14 centimetre I don't want to undergo with the chemotherapy cycles it's a humble request to you can you please perform my surgery waiting for your reply sir thank you so much.
My wife's right breast still delivers milk though my son already left breast feeding 1 and half years back. Is there any need for medical help?
Actually 2 months ago, my wife was getting blood in her urine 1 or 2 time and having constant pain in back sometimes and suffered from cough. Around 3 weeks ago she consulted a doctor and she gave her some medicine and said these symptoms are not good for your future. But after taking those medicine she is feeling ok now and nothing is happening now but cough is there. Can you tell me are these the symptoms of cancer? Or is she totally fine now.
Contact of the genital area), your risk of developing cervical cancer is very low. Women who have never been sexually active may therefore decide not to have a cervical screening test when invited. However, you can still have a test if you want one. If you’re not sure, talk to your GP or practice nurse. Find out why cervical screening is offered and when cervical screening is offered, which includes information on why some women may not need a test. Read the answers to more.
Hello doctor, my mother is suffering for esophagus cancer and her weight is also very law now she had done 6 chemotherapy and 1 operation what we do for her now ? please tell me.
I am omkar nagolkar my questions is my wight is low so what I can do my hand is paning I am cancer boy what can I do.
I am 65 yes old male recently diagnosed with benign prostate hypertrophy. Are there any medicines in homeopathy for treating without surgery which can give good results.
My cousin suffering oral cancer. It is 1 inch square, chemo applied 1 time. What should do for relief?
How the cancer can be detected? How we are able to know about it. What primary precautions can be taken by us?
What are the symptoms of blood cancer and prevention of this. Treatment of blood cancer. How many hospitals in india treat this.
Hello. Actually beneath my nails I had a light vertical lines, very light hardly visible n I have read it that these lines might b a symptom of a type of skin cancer. i am a bit weird about this. Few years ago I was also suffering from onychomycosis, which is completely cured. please help about these . I'm totally stressed. please help . thank you.
I have one question about cancer how its comes into the bady I did not expect my frnd suffer from cancer.
I am 19 years old female. I have some doubt about cancer symptoms that I face. First is that my breasts are different size. Right is larger than left. Some times the nipple retracted. And many hairs are surround the nipple. If it seen in women? and I feel some block in throat. After eating food I feel very disturbance. I test the thyroid test. It is normal. I am disturbed by these problems. If tese are the symptoms of cancer?
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
In the last week, I have seen two patients who have presented with features of a breast abscess but they ultimately turned out to be breast cancers. Although, inflammatory breast cancers are a known entity and they can present as breast abscesses but this fact is not well known among patients and many general practitioners, which leads to late detection of these cancers.
With this case, I want to highlight some pointers to diagnose these lesions early. A 39-year-old, nonlactating mother presented to with complaints to swelling in the right breast for the last 3 weeks. She had already taken a course of antibiotics from a general practitioner but did not get relieved of her symptoms. On examination, she had a swelling involving the skin fold below the breast (inframammary crease) with swelling and hardness spreading till the lower part of the breast. In addition to this, she had lymph nodes (glands) in the underarm area (axilla) as well.
An USG revealed a lump in the breast associated with the fluid collection, which on biopsy turned out to be an invasive cancer. Fortunately for the patient, on further examination, the cancer was found to be restricted to the breast and the underarm area only.
When should we suspect that a breast abscess can actually be associated with a malignancy (cancer)?
A nonhealing breast abscess - which is persisting despite antibiotics and surgical management
Breast abscess in a patient who is not lactating.
Breast abscesses in elderly patients
Breast abscesses associated with hard lumps in the breast
Patients with these symptoms should get an ultrasound and biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis. In India, another entity which should be ruled out is Breast Tuberculosis.