Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita Rani JaiswalYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and my breasts are different in size right one is larger that left one. Sometimes my nipple gets cut on it. Is it breast cancer?
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 10 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results.
I take marijuana often times by vaporizer. I have read several post regarding it used as aids and cancer treatments it reduces the growth of cancer cells but is it beneficial if taken in small amounts like in tea or in cakes or any edibles. Please advice
My friend told me that the smoke of the mosquito coil can cause cancer in our body. Is it true what he told me?
Hello, my query is regarding whether do we need follow up after undergoing surgery or not. Coming to the case history, my sister had undergone surgery for ovarian cancer in the year 2007 and then we had regular follow up for almost 3 years. She was not having any issue later on. Before 2 years she has been diagnosed as diagnosed as diabetic and on insulin from then. We are having regular consultation with diabetologist. Do we need to continue to meet surgical oncologist in regards to her previous case or else just continue what ever we are doing. Thanking you with regards.
She has diagnosed of breast cancer going through chemo for the first time after chemo she got lung infection and after 18 days got infection of herpes that caused delay in the second chemotherapy please recommend some diet as per her condition we are giving her wheatgrass guide soya milk and a type of kadha made by the leaves of ramphal along with medicines. Also describe why she got infected again an again.
I am suffering from prostatitis infection. I take 3 months of ofloxion 400 mg. 1 month levofloxion. 2 months of doxycycline. 1 month of clotrimazole. And 3 months of linezolid 500 mg. suddenly one night me legs is dead. Next day I go to doctor but he not know what happen to me.
My mother in law 63 age is facing breast cancer 4th stage. I just wanna know can we eat food cooked by her, my 3 years baby is too close to her that he eat food or fruits especially cut or cooked by her. please aware us. It's important to us.
I am Jaspreet Chhabra my father is suffering from colon cancer. Recently sigmoid cancer surgery was operated. Later on what to do I am against chemotherapy as it has many side effects pls help me for further.
I am 75 years old male. Flow of my urine has reduced and the frequency of urination has increase from once at night to three to four times. I got ultra sound of KUB done. Findings:-Kidneys, Right: 100mm, parenchymal thickness is 13mmand Left kidney: 90mm, parenchyal thickness is 13mm. Both kidneys are normal size. Urinary Bladder: within normal limits, Prevoid-100cc, Postvoid-10cc, Prostrate-18cc Normal in size and echotexture. Uroflowmetry test: Hesitancy--14 Sec, Flow time--43 sec, Void volume-237ml, Time to max flow--21 sec, Max flow-8 ml/sec, Avg Flow 4ml/sec, voiding time 55Sec, Residual urine--0 ml. I have been prescribed Tab SILDOO 8mg once daily after diner. Advised Cystoscopy. What should I DO?
Recently, I had Ultrasound for my abdomen. The findings are 1. Enlarged Prostate (36 cc) 2. Mild Hydronephrosis in both kidneys 3. Polyp in Gall Bladder (3.2x2. 95 mm). Shall I go for Gall Bladder removal? Or kidney/prostate surgery first in terms of criticality.
I want to built up body and increase muscle tones, last 5 years was very drastic for me because in 2010 I was diagnosed in case of blood cancer and due to this my immune system is very low but now the case of blood cancer has resolved but the still remain the same. I want to make my body fit and muscular. What should you suggest me do or which supplement you provide for this? Please take this matter very seriously and its a great request from you to help me. Thank you!
What is the symptoms of cancer and AIDS. What kind of medicine will be good for that disease. Please help me.
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I am 38 years ,I have a lump in my left breast since last 12 years. Sometimes it's paining also. I have two daughters also and breastfeed them also, then also lump is as it is. So please advise treatment or any test.
Bone cancer is a cancerous tumour in the bone, destroying the normal bone tissues. Tumours on bone tissues are not always cancerous or malignant, they are mostly benign. Primary bone cancer is when the malignant tumour begins to form in the tissues of the bones, but when these cancerous cells spread to other body parts like breasts, prostate or lungs, it is called metastatic cancer. Primary bone cancer is less common than metastatic cancer.
Bone cancer can be of three different types:
Osteosarcoma: In this case, the malignant tumour arises from the osteoid bone tissue. This occurs mainly in the upper arm and knee areas.
Chondrosarcoma: In this case the cancerous cells form in the cartilaginous tissues, causing a lot of pain. This occurs mostly in the pelvic area.
The Ewing sarcoma generally arises in the bone but it can also form in the soft tissues. Other kinds of soft tissues affecting cancerous cells are known as soft tissue sarcomas.
There aren’t many clear defined causes; however, several factors have been identified by researchers.
Osteosarcoma is seen to occur more frequently in people who have been through a high external radiation therapy dose.
In people who have frequently been treated with anticancer medications, children tend to be most affected.
Heredity may be an adding cause, although the percentage of hereditary transfer of cancer cells is very low.
People with hereditary bone defects or implants have a higher chance of acquiring bone cancer.
The most common and saddening symptom of bone cancer is painful, although not all bone cancers cause pain. Unusual or persistent swelling or pain around a bone maybe a red flag for bone cancer. In case of a situation like this, immediate doctor’s opinion is required.
Usually, diagnosis of a bone cancer can be made using X-rays; for example, a bone scan, a computed tomography scan, a magnetic imaging procedure—positron emission tomography, and an angiogram. Biopsy and blood tests are also helpful in bone cancer diagnosis.
The size, location and stage of cancer, age, and health of the person decide the kind of treatment that should be given to the patient. Various treatment options include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cryosurgery.
The combined survival rate of all sorts of bone cancers is 70%. This percentage may vary with the type of bone cancer and also its stage.