Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita KapoorYour feedback matters!
I am 3-4 weeks pregnant and I still smoke does it harm to my baby what should I do now is it okay to conceive or should I abort I want a healthy baby.
Meibomianitis is a disease that occurs when the lubrication glands of the eyes called Meibomian glands malfunction. The function of these glands is to produce oil that keeps our eyes lubricated and moisturised. Due to some reasons that we shall be looking at later, these small glands flip their switch and start producing excessive oil or just get inflamed causing Meibomianitis.
Bacteria also collect and prosper on the eyelids in the extra oil adding to the malaise.
So, how do you confirm that you have Meibomianitis?
Look out for these symptoms:
- Watery eyes
- Swelling and redness of eyelids
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Flaking skin around eyes
- Crusted eyelashes
- Light sensitivity
- Frequent styes or bumps along the eyelids typically caused due to excess oil secretion and inflamed Meibomian gland
- Excessive blinking
- Blurred vision
- Loss of eyelashes
- Dry eyes
Like with all diseases, the severity of symptoms varies from patient to patient. A few may experience only mild symptoms, while others have to grapple with severe irritation and burning.
We suggest that you don’t wait for your symptoms to become extreme before you visit your doctor.
Root Causes of Meibomianitis:
We already know that Meibomianitis occurs when the meibomian glands in the eyelids don’t function properly.
But why does this happen?
The answer is that Meibomianitis is caused by any condition that increases oil production in oil glands. Like:
- Hormonal changes, especially during adolescence
- Skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea
- Eyelash lice
- Acne medications which actually encourage the growth of bacteria on the eyelids
- A few contact lens solutions
- Infected eye makeup
Meibomianitis, however, is not contagious.
Diagnosis and Cure:
When you go to a doctor with symptoms of meibomianitis, he will examine your eyes, focusing on eyelids and the front surface of your eyeball. By doing this, he will be able to identify whether you have blocked meibomian glands.
Next, he will use a swab to collect a sample of the crust or oil from your eyes and send this sample to a lab to be tested for bacteria.
If the test is positive, your doctor will recommend a thorough cleaning of your eyelids with warm water. He may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids to treat your eye condition in form of eye drops or creams applied directly to your eyelids, or in pill form.
Apart from this, you may have to forego wearing of contact lenses and treatment for your acne and rosacea. We also recommend that you go make-up free as this causes a buildup of bacteria and always maintain proper eye hygiene so that your oil glands remain infection - free always. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
Hi Doctor, I got miscarriage first pregnancy. 1 month 8 days. Doc told no heart beat. So stopped pregnancy. The reason she told that if sperm and egg don't recognize. This happens and its 40% Common in women in first pregnancy. Taking this into consideration how we plan for second pregnancy. I am having hypothyroid take 62.5 mg tab daily. At which date we try having longer period.
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? And also, IF there's any possibility of this being related to pregnancy, what measure can be taken as they aren't planning it yet. Thanks.
I have lost my 2months baby & got my periods after 2month. Should I conceive or not and if its conceive is there any problems,
Hi, I am 2 months pregnant. From the last one week I am facing a lot of indigestion problem. I do not feel any morning sickness or vomiting but the food that I eat the whole day does not gets digested and so I do not feel like eating anything. Is it normal during pregnancy ? Please provide solution. Thanks.
I'm writing this for my friend. She had unprotected sex with her boyfriend 3 times in last one month (27 days to be exact). She didn't get periods after that. She tried the pregnancy kit test and the results showed negative. But she is still worried of getting pregnant. What should be done regarding this. Is mifepristone tablet be used now to avoid pregnancy. If this tablet is not adequate please suggest a tablet other than this. She is 21 years old.
I'm a 24 years old girl. My mensuration not come yet. It already late 20 days. I test three time pregnancy usking kit. But result is negative. What should I do. Why my mensuration not come yet. Please help me.
I am pregnant 15 weeks running. Is train journey safe for me and how take easily for my journey best.
I haven't got my periods from last two months. I tested for pregnancy test at home and the result is positive. Do the pregnancy test kit gives correct answer? I am not ready for the child as I am too young and there are other issues. Please help me. I am in a great worry.
Hello, Mai Aur meri wife 3 months se bina protection daily sex kr rahehe, lekin pregnancy test karne pr negative aarahihe. please kuch bataiye daily krna chahiye K nahi,
My wife is no interest in sex at any time .I asked her what is the problem but she say no problem .so what I do.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Becoming a smoker was a journey. The journey probably began for you many years ago when you started experimenting with those first cigarettes. They probably were not so good, but as time passed, your body became used to smoking. You probably found yourself smoking regularly and in more situations. You developed certain smoking patterns. Smoking became a part of you. Cigarettes have been a part of your identity for a long time. Becoming a nonsmoker is a journey and a learning process. Think of this as a new beginning, with change occurring over time. As time passes, you will learn more about being a nonsmoker and will develop a new identity. You will become comfortable in life’s different situations without smoking. To be successful, you must maintain your commitment to this change over time. The new tobacco-free you will discover a world of benefits as a result of your journey. There is life after smoking, and it is truly better! Doctors may help you make this important journey. Here you will find information and tips in a format that lets you actively participate in planning and arriving at your destination: a smoke-free life.