Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita JainYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old girl. And I want to concieve baby. But when I do sex with my husband. I dont feel anything. I mean it dont get succeed. What should I do?
Last month I had periods starting from 12 but bleeding stopped in two days. I had sex on 15 and bleeding started again and lasted for 3 days. This month I didn't get periods and feeling pain in my vagina. What could be the matter? Please help. Is there any chance of pregnancy given we used precaution in form of condom.
Is It true that after having sex women becomes fat?, if yes, kindly advise as to how to control your fat and to remain healthy.
I am having this white discharge problem since a long time it has been years and have taken medicines for it as well but still found no positive result instead now my bones are getting weaker I keep on feeling pain in my joints usually in my knees and back pain. What should I do to heal this problem properly I am fed up of this I have to keep on changing my undergarments through out the day as the white discharge (leucorreoah) is so constant.
I am 36 years unmarried girl. I am having depression, stress and lethargy from last 8 yrs. I am taking medicines regularly from last 8 yrs. My problem is that I know I should exercise and take healthy diet. But I do not exercise as I do not feel motivated. I feel lack of energy and no mood for exercise. I eat junk food for taste. I am unable to get rid of junk food. And I do not feel motivated to cook food for myself. My younger brother told me to prepare food for myself as I should make food myself. But I do not feel motivated at all. I do not feel motivated in any way. I have made daily routine for myself but unable to follow. I am unable to change the lifestyle as I want. What should I do?
I am 39 Year old Female, Married for 7 years having no children and 3 IVF attempts with done eggs. I have been diagnosed with Pre-menopause. My question is, is it necessary to take medicine and have a regular period? If I am opting for HRT treatment, am I missing a chance to conceive? I have heard that couples get conceived after 10-12 years. So is there a possibility of getting fertile eggs without taking any medicine or having regular period? Kindly advice. Thank you in anticipation.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Dear Doctors Team, We are planning to have kids and we had intercourse and now I have missed my date and it is 3 days now. So kindly suggest when or after how many days I need to take pregnancy test. Further, is it fine if we can carry on with our intercourse now or do we need to wait. Please help and provide your inputs and any suggestions which will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Just a news of expecting a baby brings cheer and excitement in a couple’s life. However, being prepared for it helps you become healthy and bring in a healthy baby too.
Here are few things that one must take care of before and while conceiving.
1. Use Ovulation calculator to decide the best time for pregnancy.
2. Stop taking contraceptives.
3. Preconception health care is necessary to avoid miscarriage, stillbirth or premature birth
4. Keep yourself mentally ready and healthy for delivery.
5. Be aware of your body i.e. how healthy and fit you are.
6. Have medical checkups before getting pregnant.
7. If your weight is on the higher side, lose weight before getting pregnant as being overweight brings complications.
8. Fathers should also avoid smoking and drinking for better sperm quality.
9. Intake of regular folic acid.
10. Regular Exercise.
11. Stay away from Infections.
12. Consult dentist as hormonal shifts can cause gum diseases which are harmful for baby.
13. Eat lot of fish for child’s development but avoid fish that has mercury.
14. Completely avoid smoking, drinking and caffeine yourself.
15. Avoid passive smoking too.
16. Avoid soda and fruit juice as they may raise sugar levels.
17. Sleep as much as you can.
18. Take adequate amount of iodine in your diet.
19. Take up-to-date vaccinations.
20. Ensure balanced diet in consultation with dietician.
21. Keep yourself away from stress.
22. Take lot of carbohydrates, milk and milk products, fats and proteins and fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid taking uncooked or undercooked food.
23. Have a healthy working environment and avoid getting exposed to chemicals like lead and mercury and radioactive substances like X-Rays.
24. Do not take any medicine for headache, pain etc. without consulting your doctor.
25. Keep a check on your blood pressure.
I am 28 years old and currently 38 week pregnant. In recent sonography my water level shows 5.3 Doctor said it's normal and asked me to do non stress test... Will that cause any problem in my delivery as the baby's position is still showing on upper side What if doctor asked for c section?
Basically girl have period problem. Why its happened .and how to stop period from young age. During period time. Can I do sex or not. I am confused. Help me.
My husband had doubt on me before marriage I had sex with other person He wants to do report which clear I had sex or not Is it possible any report?
I am pregnant from 9 months my due date is nov 9 I have pain in abdominal and back pain mildly. Is this labour? I go to doctor for any injection increase the pain or wait? Pls tell me.
1. Boosts your immune system
Lemons are rich in vitamin c, b, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Although vitamin c is the key to jump-starting our immune system, the rest of the nutritional benefits of the lemon can certainly do you no harm. It's good to drink a glass or two of lemon water when you are feeling stressed, because that is when your immune system is most likely to fall prey to any surrounding bacteria or viruses.
2. A surprising source of potassium
Potassium is good for the health of your heart as well as your brain and nerve function. It is usually found in vegetables like potatoes and spinach, but lemons are also an excellent source for a potassium boost.
3. Eases your digestion
Lemon water should be consumed at room temperature, as warm water helps stimulate smooth movement within the gastrointestinal tract. Lemons and other citrus fruits contribute to this effect because they are rich in vitamins and minerals that loosen up the toxins in the digestive tract, known as ama. Lemon is an excellent natural remedy for symptoms of indigestion like heartburn and bloating.
4. A natural diuretic
Lemons increase the rate of urination and therefore are able to quickly remove toxins in the digestive tract that can affect the health of the urinary tract.
5. Keeps your skin clear
The potent vitamin c in lemons helps keep the skin blemish and wrinkle free. In addition, the antioxidants in lemon juice can be applied to scars and age spots in order to reduce their appearance without diminishing the skin's radiance.
6. Reduces inflammation
Drinking lemon water on a regular basis may decrease the levels of acidity within the body, which is where disease is most likely to occur. It works to remove uric acid in the joints which is the main source for joint pain and inflammation. It's also good to drink the lemon water in the winter at a lukewarm temperature to fight off the effects of cold-weather stiffness.
7. A caffeine aid
Lemon juice is an excellent way to cut back on caffeine in coffee or soda because it has similar rejuvenating effects. Substituting your morning cup of joe for a cup of hot water and lemon may save you from an afternoon crash and quiet your caffeine cravings.
8. Keeps you hydrated
Starting your day off with a cup of hot lemon water can not only prevent fatigue later on in the day, but also dehydration. Dehydration is one of the major causes of toxic buildup, stress and even susceptibility to viral infections. So if you are the kind that forgets to drink water, it is recommended that you drink lemon water in order to stay hydrated throughout the day.