Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarita Aggarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I have an problem of cyst on my ovaries so I had to ask that this is some critical problem And it is yes then what are the measure to solve it with out operation Because I had 2 operations before and the recent one was before 5 month Sooo plzzz help me.
Having pcos, wanting to conceive but periods r not regular, gone through follicular study bt egg wasn't form till 26 or 27th dy frm periods. What should be done for weight loss?
Greetings. I had sexual intercourse with my gf on 22nd of april and 22nd to 25th are the periods date for her. We had a protected sex with condom but her periods were delayed and its nt happening till now. For surity we tk pregnancy card test on the 3rd day after sex and other on tha 10th day after sex and both the results were negative. I am very tensed about my gf because she had her periods on time. Will you please suggest me what to do now and where to go?
I feel to urinate again and again after few minutes and only few drops come. My vagina burns. Feels heavy.
My girlfriend is not having periods. We had intercourse on 3rd april and her periods date was 5th april. She did the urine test twice on 4th and 7th and beta hcg test on 7th. All the tests have shown negative result. On 7th she had a mark but aftr that no sign of periods. We had unprotected sex (ejaculated outside). Please suggest what should she do and is there any way of finding out if she is pregnant or not as we are very much tensed. Can she take primolut N?
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!