Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika MishraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from extreme social phobia .my doctor prescribed me :pexep cr 37.5, clonax 0.5.My problem is that I'm not able to control myself when my friends ask me for smoking but at the end I feel bad My question is that does smoking cigarette can reduce the power of the medicine which I don't want. So please explain me.
My father is 80 years old and in depression due to sudden release from profession due to health. I have tried several medicines but till now he has no relief. Kindly suggest any effective solution for this disease.
I am always in an excited mental state. I am always panicked that something bad might happen. I always fear what others think about me. I cannot free my mind from this thoughts. I am having horrible nightmares in my sleep. Please tell me what should I do?
I have been biten by an vaccine dog and even I took the required vaccines (rabicure) and TT injection. Does smoking and alcohol consumption effects my body.
I have pcos problem from around 10 years. Consulted many doctors. They gave me BCPs for regularising it. But all and all in vein. I am fed up of all these things. Today my condition is that I am not getting periods since last 3 months. I am not married not physically intimated and clearly not pregnant. Situation is worst with my mental peace. I am fed up with that allopathy treatments because doctors say that there is no permanent cure. Only thing they want to do is to put me on medication until I complete my family and suggesting me to get marry soon and start family. I am literally fed up with this disease. Pls help me out any one. Is there any way to make my life normal again like via homeopathy, Naturopathy. Pls help me pls.
My age 27 I am married man. Not getting perfect contact with my wife. I am tide during relation time. What should I do for better contact.
Always I feel some sorts of mental anxiety, unknown fear, tension. Especially in the crowd. Because from childhood I have grown up like a lonely boy. In house I feel well. But outside I feel uncomfortable. How can I get rid of it?
There is a wide range of remedies that are available to treat depression in young adults. While there is no proven way of treating depression, broadly there are three approaches that is psychological, medical and natural. The key is to know the cause of depression. Once the cause is known, a qualified professional decides the course of treatment.
Psychological Treatment: Psychological treatments revolve around talking with the patient and change the way he thinks. It equips an individual to cope up with stress, depression and conflicts.
The three most popular treatment approaches are CBT, IPT and MBCT:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is an approach where the behavioral pattern of the patient is analyzed and a certain change in behavior is suggested to deal with depression. CBT is a problem-solving approach where a psychologist first analyzes the problem and helps a patient to see the problem from a more positive aspect.
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT) deals with problems related to personal relationships. It analyses the relationship pattern of a patient and specifically addresses them to drive away depression.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is a group activity and encourages a patient to express their feelings. The idea is to share as much as a patient can. It helps the mind to focus on the present rather than wondering it to something irrelevant that causes depression.
Medical treatment: Medical treatment deals with depression with the help of antidepressants. Medication depends on the level of depression. For more serious depression, such as psychosis and bipolar disorder, a doctor often prescribes psychotic drugs along with antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Medical treatment is suggested only when psychological treatment fails. A patient might have to get admitted in a good facility for a short time or full period of the treatment.
The natural treatment: It is related to lifestyle changes and helps a patient overcome depression. It can be followed along with other forms of treatment. Some good practices are as follows:
- A good diet: A healthy diet often helps to fight depression. Serotonin rich food such as coconut oil, fish oil, eggs, cherries, Omega-3 acid greatly helps in fighting depression.
- Stay away from Caffeine: Any caffeine related products such as coffee, cigarettes or liquor should be avoided during the depression.
- Meditation: Meditation greatly helps in overcoming depression. It offers the much-needed piece of mind and helps to concentrate more.
- Daily exercise: It has been observed that regular physical activities such as walking, running and free hand exercise can be of great help in overcoming depression. It uplifts mood and reduces stress.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain important elements such as magnesium, healthy fat, amino acid and L-tryptophan. Pumpkin seeds help to secrete serotonin and serotonin, in turn, help in fighting depression.
I am a smoker. I smoke almost 30 cigarettes a day. I am planning to quit and switched to nico gum and I am able to stop smoking! Are there any side effects I ll face thro nico gum?
I've always had underlying depression issues. Years fine on Prozac. Then year or so ago I aware not sleeping, anxiety, anger, loss interest in everything. MD said Prozac maxed out for me so then effector (hated it almost suicidal!), cymbalta, lexipro, Zoloft and now supposed to start paxil. I can't keep doing this. I've lost my job, my friends can't listen anymore, I cry all the time and hide in bed 18 hours a day. What do I do? This is no way to live.
Hi, I have stutter/stammer from as long as I can remember. I am 27 now, the biggest problem is, I can speak fluently with the family members and friends but I stutter/stammer when speaking to a stranger or in a group or while presenting something. I have been doing the reading and repeating exercises from last 2-3 years but nothing seems to help. Any advice would be helpful.
A recent study has found that the walking speed and memory of adults without any teeth decline more rapidly than those who still have some or all of their own teeth.
The study, out of university college of London, studied over 3, 100 British adults over the age of 60 from the English longitudinal study of ageing (elsa), and compared memory and walking speed within the demographic. Published in the journal of the American geriatrics society, the research found that study participants with none of their own teeth performed approximately 10% worse in both walking speed and memory tests than participants that had some natural teeth.
The associations between poorer memory and physical function were more obvious in adults 60-74 years of age than in those over 75.
'tooth loss could be used as an early marker of mental and physical decline in older age, particularly among 60-74 year-olds,' said lead author Dr. Georgios tsakos of the UCL department of epidemiology and public health in a recent college news release. 'regardless of what is behind the link between tooth loss and a decline in function, recognizing excessive tooth loss presents an opportunity for early identification of adults at higher risk of faster mental and physical decline later in their life. There are many factors likely to influence this decline, such as lifestyle and psychosocial factors, which are amenable to change.'
Prior to making conclusions about the associations between tooth loss and memory and physical function decline, researchers adjusted the results for potentially influential factors, such as sociodemographic characteristics, preexisting health problems, socioeconomic status, and education. Despite the adjustments for these factors, people without their own teeth still walked slower than those who still had their teeth.
Homeopathy is a medical science which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have the answer to your problem. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to work load
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad - The first signal or symptom is feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything - Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity - Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry - You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems- You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish.
- Concentration problems- You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration - You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.