Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika MishraYour feedback matters!
I have problems, due to tension n work load my sex life not going well, I'm not able to satisfaction to my partner. My cock not to able tights in long time..
Dear consultant, my query is regarding the diagnosis and remedy for my friend who has been assisting his family business for many years and has earned consistently through this business to run the family. But in the past few years due to very negligible income through this business he has lost his interest but not willing to dispose this business to invest in new business because of the fear of loss and failure. He is not able to accept the reality and continues to ignore the ways to find new means of earning. However this is not easy also. All other family members are worried but he does not stress himself and waiting for some bright solution. This behavior is normal or needs some treatment so as to run the family smoothly.
Hi Doctor. I am not able to clear up my confusion and figure out the aim of my life and passion. I have work experience of 10 years but I am mediocre when it comes to putting efforts. I am distracted by many things around and I spend too much time on thinking within myself.
What is the cause of headache? What should I do improve our brain power? Can I get medicine to improve my brain?
I am 45 years male. Taking alcohol since last 15 yrs. Now I feel it is effecting my health as I feel tired every time .pls help me to quit .
My age is 23 yrs. Preparing for govt. Exams for last 2 years ,my exams are in next few weeks and this is going to be my last attempt as I already wasted two precious years of my life. Still I don't feel like studying I am tensed and stressed I know if I fail this time also my life is going to be miserable .all people around me of my age group have a job but still I am not working hard to get a job for myself. I think l lost interest in these exams. I am not a hard working person. Earlier I use to study but for few months I don't feel like doing anything just sitting thinking negative ,getting frustrated and stressing unnecessary instead of studying. I think this year also I am not going to be selected. I am getting frustrated as I know I am not working hard so I won't be able to clear this time also. Nobody in my family can understand what I am feeling and going through. I have a lot of personality issues timid ,introvert ,negative thinking ,rigid ,poor communications skills (I cannot even talk to sales or customer care people ,imagine my level )and many more bad qualities. Also have no friends for like so many years .These two years also enhanced my personality problems as I mostly stayed indoors and appearance wise also gained a lot of weight. I don't like going out. Also when I think of other alternatives (if not selected) I feel I won't be able to sustain as I am low confident and not able to make friends .i hv a negative outlook of life and I feel everything in future is going to be negative. Not moving forward in life no growth just stagnant like a tree ,all the people / friends I use to know are doing wonderful thing s in life and growing each day and I still the same as I used to be. Right now I'm feeling depressed and hopeless.
First of all, this is a psychological problem. I have performed very poorly in my class 12 exams. I was a topper of my class. But my class 12 final performance is disastrous. This is a very important exam in my life. I will not get any job if I perform poorly. I have let down my mother who have trusted me so much. My father hates me and he will turn me away from house if my results are bad. All this thoughts are eating up my mind. My mind is going out of control. I do not know what to do with my stupid life. I feel there is nothing left in my life. I am totally depressed and frustrated. My only skill was my education and now I have messed it up. I do not know what to do, where to go and I think all my life doors are closed. I blame only myself for this. I cannot bear this humiliation. What have I done. Please help me anyone.
Hi sir I am 19 year old. I am student but in now days I fell that I have lost my memory. How can I get it back. If I read anything it should be cleaned in 2 or 3 hours and when rewise it can be remebred. Please give me suluation.
Concentration depends upon the ability to focus. Concentration is basically concerned with disciplining your mind to improve focus. However, your mind will tend to resist your efforts as it loves its own freedom. By practicing 10 to 15 minutes of exercises to improve concentration on a daily basis, you will be able to train and discipline your mind, and hence improve your concentration.
Before proceeding to do these exercises, there is a need to set the mood for it. First of all, you will have to find a place where you can be alone without any disturbance. You can sit cross legged on the floor or on a chair with your spine erect. Take a few deep breaths and then relax your body to direct your attention to it. To start off, you can practice these exercises for 10 minutes and then lengthen the time to 15 minutes after a few weeks of training.
- Exercise 1: Take a book or a magazine and count the number of words in a single paragraph. Count them again to ensure that you have counted correctly. You can start off with one paragraph and as you get used to it, move on to counting words in two paragraphs. Then move on to counting words on the whole page. Make sure that you perform the counting mentally and only with your eyes without pointing your finger at each word. This is one of the simplest brain exercises to improve concentration.
- Exercise 2: Another exercise to increase concentration is count backwards in your mind from hundred to one. Once you have mastered this, move on to counting backwards from hundred to one but this time skipping three numbers such as 100, 97, 94, 91, 88 etc.
- Exercise 3: Select an inspiring word or just a simple sound and think about it in your mind, repeating it in your mind for 5 minutes. Once your mind has begun to concentrate on it easily, move on to 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration.
Care to share.
Hi all, I am 30 years male and I have high blood pressure I have regular check up and in test found that slight aldosterone is increased in it due to which I have high bp and doctor suggest me medicine also and im regular taking the medicine also but . Some time I got very angry at a normal issue also I aggravate . And hyper behavior due to which my family and friends even scared and very much afraid about this I am I suffering from any depression due to which it happens or I am I getting mental . Pls help me out of this.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.
At what interval stress test can be done after a satisfactory stress test report. I have heard that stress test is a best indicator of cardiac Heath. Please inform us the at what interval one should go for stress test?
I am very short tempered people if things font go my way I usually loose my temper due to this my relationship is under very stress even I have hit my wife today please suggest me how to overcome all this.
Hello! I m student my problem is related toward my studies I m unable to memories my subject which result towards failure.
I got many failures in my life. Now, I don't feel to do much in my life. However I want to become very successful in my life. I hear noises of people who has given me taunts in the past. What should I do? I am under psychiatrist treatment since 2013.
Hi doctors. I think I'm suffering with depression. I forgot things. Getting angry on little things Don't talk much. Feeling sad and low most of the times. Please help me. What to do for curing this! Thank you.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
- Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes. While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
- Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder I has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease, and the symptoms are often missed. Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.