Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarika Mishra
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika MishraYour feedback matters!
My age is 27 and I have developed very bad habit of smoking, some times I smoke more then 2 packs, please let me know how can I reduce the effects of Smoking. please help.
She is using pills for sleeping. For 3 months. And now seems. Can not remember. I mean. She lost their memory slightly. Is that the problem because of using pills?
Sir I smoked for 1 year now I want to be a singer before 10 days I quit smoking so then how long does it takes to heal my vocal chords.
I am 18 years old male and suffering from eczema in my left groin since June 2015. That time I was going through depression of getting admission into college. It has now extended to inner buttock line on both sides. It's itching and sometimes oozes watery fluid after scratching.Please tell.
Dear Sir, I don't know how to retain a single line/word/number. I watch matches but can never retain/recall scores; player name & discussion in which I have participate. When I close my eyes it's almost black there no picture/no memory.! When I read & understand something I become able to explain it but as soon as I start another topic or discussion ; I can't recall what I had explained earlier. When I close my eye it's almost black never know what I know at all. But Still I pass my exam (CA - CPT & IPCC) although I cannot teach same question paper after 2-3 days! I listen songs but my mind never catches songs beat; every time I listen it's feel like i'm listening for 1st time or had listen in few year back just tiny bit of thing hit my mind. Everyday I woke up; I feel like new born baby with some memory & never sure of what I know at all! I feel like it's better to burn away rather than fade away!
My wife age is 27 year and she is in depression how I get the reason of her depression. She tell me that He has a boy friend before her marriage. After marriage she started talk with him over landlines like as a friend. One day He refuse to talk with my wife. She totally nervous and taking anti depression tablet.
Be present mind
Do yoga, meditation daily.
Prevention is better than cure.
Dr. Sunil rathore.
Hi I have very good atmosphere at my home as well as good relations with family and friends I am very happy with my love life and also with my career. I follow good diet n other healthy practices. Even then nowadays I get very emotional and I cry like anything all alone. I was never the same before. I am not able to recognize the problem. I am worried coz this leads me to stress Please help!
My daughter is 6 years old & not interested in studies. I'm tired to make her understand but no concentrations and interest. How to pump interest in her for studies? Please advise.
Do you worry about your friend or relative’s drinking habits? You are not alone. There are people who struggle for years with the same question - How can I tell if the person I love is an alcoholic or not?
Well, the good news is that you don’t need to be a medical professional to figure out the right answer to this vital question. Read on to find simple ways to know whether your loved one suffers from alcohol addiction.
First up is a short quiz about drinking habits, developed by Dr. John Ewing to identify alcohol addiction. Treat this as a pointer and take your loved one to an expert, if it points towards alcohol addiction. You can ask these questions directly to your loved one, or you can answer these questions on their behalf.
According to the developers, one "yes" to the four quiz questions signals a problem, and more than one “yes” means that it's time for you or your loved one to get professional help.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?”
There are many signs of a serious drinking problem. These include certain behaviours such as:
- Drinking just for getting drunk
- Drinking alone
- Keeping alcohol consumption a secret
- Drinking to escape problems
- Hiding alcohol bottles
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms like getting irritated or experiencing nervousness, nausea, getting shakes, breaking out into a cold sweat, and getting hallucinations when unable to source alcohol
- Having problems at work, school, or home, as a result of alcohol consumption
- Losing interest in activities you or your friend used to enjoy
- Having blackouts due to heavy drinking
- Anger and extreme irritation
Other extreme behaviors to watch out for are:
- Being able to drink an awful lot of alcohol
- Trouble stopping once your loved one starts drinking
- A powerful urge to drink
There is another scientific way to determine, if your loved one is an alcoholic. In the US, medical professionals commonly use a criteria, listed in the fourth edition of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders’. According to it, the signs and symptoms of alcoholism are clearly laid down and it states that alcohol dependent people:
- Will drink more to get their desired effect from alcohol
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when the effect of alcohol wears off
- Drink larger amounts of alcohol over a longer period of time
- Will be unable to consistently control their drinking
- Will leave important work for drinking
- Will spend a lot of time during the day getting alcohol, drinking it, and recovering from hangovers.
- Continue to use alcohol, despite knowing that their chronic physical or psychological problem is caused due to alcohol.
- To be declared alcohol-dependent, your loved one must experience at least three of these criteria during a year.
However, there is still no one definite test to diagnose alcohol-use disorders. Therefore, professionals diagnose them by making use of the patient’s comprehensive medical, family, and mental-health information. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.