Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sarika Boora
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Treatment of Psychological Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika BooraYour feedback matters!
I was having a relationship of 5 years but my parents didn't accept it right know I am having lot of stress and thinking about her again and again and my exams are also there after 1 week please doctor help me out I can not concentrate well please plz plz?
I am a lady 60 years of age and have a history of diabetes, arthritis, thyroid, and osteoporosis. Current sugar levels revolve around 240 and am taking insulin about 50 units a day. From the past two days I have a feeling of weakness and anxiety just as one would feel before taking a school exam. Blood pressure is keeping normal and I generally feel okay with the sugars revolving around the current levels. I feel as if there is a burden and a tension in mind but cannot figure out the specifics of that but the nervousness and the anxiety remain. Please advise any remedies, medicines, etc.
Hi I am 40 years old and I was having a mild depression for which I was taking the medicine pari cr .25 with one supplement for the last 1 years but gradually I stopped taking these medicine for the 7 to 8 months approx I was feeling perfectly ok but for the last three four days I am not feeling comfortable as again the fear is there in my mind or is it the anxiety I am not figuring it out and I don't want to start these medicines again can anybody suggest me some natural way to curb this feeling helpless pls suggest.
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
I got married recently and about my wife she tells that she has a friend who is elder than her and she is a widow and my wife wants her to be with us always she always thinks of her and she is not co operative in sex she says she has less interest I am getting doubt on her I am not able to concentrate on my work pleas help me out should I give divorce her to her.
Depression is the state of mind when a person turns hopeless or helpless. Simply put, it is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared. And all this may happen for no reason at all. At least not any that can be explained to even the closest of one's family and friends. Surveys have shown that more than 7% of the world's population suffer from some or the other forms of depression.
Depression Helps Creativity: Myth or Fact?
Moving on to the several popular myths associated with depression, one of the most common ones is that 'Depression increases creativity.' The truth is however exactly the opposite. No, depression does not trigger creativity. In fact, creative geniuses like writers, painters, musicians, etc. seem to be more prone to the threats of depression.
Creativity, like everything else, comes with a price to pay: Worth it or Not?
The reason for the cause-effect relationship between creativity and depression is quite simple yet stunning. Creativity requires sensitivity, which makes one emotionally vulnerable. A creative person tends to think a lot about everything and that is what makes him re-visit the past incidents in his thoughts so frequently that he may feel the bruises over and over again. And this is what leads to depression. Thus, creative people tend to be easy victims of depression. They take everything seriously, observe things and incidents closely, think a lot over things and gauge various possibilities related to every event, big or small vividly and this is what makes them both creative and depressed. Yes, they can connect the dots and create but there is a price to pay. As they say, an artist's mind is a terrible place to visit.
Therefore, depression does not increase creativity. Instead, depression is like a necessary evil for nurturing creativity.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife has always have a negative thought. There's everything opposite to me. How should I get her in the positive track.
- If you're basically healthy, get regular erections in your sleep and have normal lab results, chances are that your erectile dysfunction is due to psychological factors, such as performance anxiety, relationship issues or a mood disorder. Once serious mental conditions like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and anxiety are ruled out, a sexologist can provide useful insight into your impotence. This form of treatment can be done individually or with a partner.
- Sex therapy focuses on promoting effective communication about intimacy, and learning techniques to improve sexual function. It may also involve take-home bedroom assignments.
- Erectile-dysfunction drugs are not tremendously effective for emotional impotence; however, taking oral medications in conjunction with counseling is becoming increasingly common, and does have a high success rate.