Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika BisariyaYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old boy. Mera eye ka neecha kala hona laga hai. Iskliya mai kya karu mujha koi gharalu upchar bataiya. Mai raat ko sirf 4 ghanta soo pata hu issa mera skin ka upar effect toh nahi hoga.
My female friend have irregular period times and she suffers from irritation at private parts time to time, where also some times a pimple occurs. And moreover she often had secretion of fluid from vagina more than usual. Due to these problems she had body ache & got tired very often and not able to do much physical activities please give suggestion to identify and cure these problems.
My wife has pimples which leaving as dried on face, since her face is v dry and not fairy. So please suggest for the better solution.
Leucoderma is more commonly known as vitiligo. It is characterized by white patches developing on your body and it can happen to any part of the body. The reason why vitiligo occurs is because melanocytes, which comprise the pigment known as melanin, get damaged. Melanin imparts your skin its color, hence, a lack of it results in vitiligo. Here are the exact causes, symptoms and treatment of vitiligo:
- Vitiligo occurs when the melanocytes, which comprise the pigment "melanin", get damaged.
- However, it is worth note that the exact cause of vitiligo is unknown although it does affect dark skinned people a lot more. There have been many theories about what causes this disease however.
- Vitiligo, being an autoimmune disease, is caused when the melanocytes attack your immune system.
- The most common symptom of leucoderma is that white patches develop on the body.
- The white patches appear rapidly at first followed by a rather stable period where the disease does not progress any further.
- Leucoderma can even affect the hair and eyelids and it is extremely rare for pigmentation to come back to normal.
- Finally, it is worth note that leucoderma has high chances of occurring to the areas of the body which are exposed more to the sun, areas where there were injuries before as well as the area around moles.
Leucoderma can be easily cured with Ayurvedic treatment. Phototherapy and laser also help to treat the condition faster.
Who is at risk?
Men and women are equally likely to suffer from vitiligo. However, factors such as having a family history of vitiligo or leucoderma and having autoimmune disorders make you more susceptible to leucoderma.
Is Apple cider vinegar is good for hair? I have serious problem of hair fall and I have read lot many sites which says it's good to use. Please advise.
I have a hair loss problem bt I tried all shampoos oil but still I have a dandruff and hair loss heavily.
Sir is there any connection between excessive masturbation & white hairs Till date I hv done excessively but from now if I limit will it be beneficial.
I am 30 years old male. I am suffering from dry, cracked & itchy skin problem on my hand & foot fingers. I am facing this problem since last 10-12 years. I tried so many medcine but didn't work. In winter this problem gone, but when summer starts its spread very quickly. Please suggest me what should I do. Which medicine cure this problem from the root.
I have really very dandruff in my hair and bcoz of which my hair are just stop growing what is the proper remedy for this?
I want a straight hair. But my hair is not curly. I want thick and straight hair and shining hair. please help wht to do.
I have constipation problem, due to this problem I am having swere headache and pimples on my face. I use lots of home remedies but my problem is continuously with me. What can I do, give me some suggestion.
I am a 20 year female, suffering frm skin tanning alot. So I have started Raydance Skin Brightening Complex which I hv ordered online. So is it good? Shall I continue using it!
Hi, I have developed skin tags on my neck and they embarrassed me. What medication is required. Is it possible to get rid from those using homeopathic medicines.
Quite a rarity, Lichen sclerosus is a skin disease, which is typically identified as white, patchy skin that is both sensitive and thinner than the surrounding area. Although it can appear anywhere on the body, it is found to occur predominantly in the skin regions in and around the vulva, the anus and the foreskin of the penis. It is a common occurrence in postmenopausal women.
Mild cases of lichen sclerosus are usually asymptomatic, but moderate to severe cases may have any of the following signs and symptoms:
1. Itching, which may or may not be severe
2. Smooth and sensitive white spots
3. Easy tearing or bruising
4. Pain or discomfort
5. Wrinkled or blotchy patches
6. Painful intercourse
7. Blistering, bleeding or ulcerated lesions in more severe cases
Although there are no known exact causes of lichen sclerosus, here are a few possible causes:
1. An overactive immune system
2. An imbalance of hormones
3. Previous skin damage at a particular site making it tender and sensitive
A number of problems may arise from the skin disease, if left untreated. Here are a few complications:
1. Skin cancer may develop, but then again, this is a very rare occurrence
2. Lichen sclerosus on the vulva can lead to the development of vulvar cancer.
3. Sexual intercourse can get extremely painful for women in severe cases, due to intensive scratching and scarring
4. Can cause thinning and tightening of the foreskin of uncircumcised men. This can be troublesome during erections or when urinating.
If the symptoms do not show or if your genital area is not badly affected, then you may not necessarily need treatment. However, if symptoms begin to appear, you should probably consult a doctor for treatment. Treatment can help decrease scarring and itching, as well as improve your skin's appearance.
Corticosteroid ointments and creams are the most common form of treatment. Apart from this form of treatment, you should consult your doctor may also prescribe the following:
1. Immune-modulating medications
2. Ultraviolet light treatment
3. Topical sex hormones
4. Circumcision or removal of the foreskin of the penis