Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarala SharmaYour feedback matters!
She is having bicornuate uterus and regularly having excess bleeding with lots of pain in lower abdomen and back during periods. She got married 4 months back , is there any problems in conceiving or pregnancy due to her uterus type. Please provide us the exact information as there are lots of confusion arising day by day. Please help us out .
I'm have pcos from my 18. But my periods r really fine. Since my marriage last year my periods made a huge change and it's stopped for every 2 months. Then my gynaec gave me Chastaberry tablets. Now I'm getting it every one month gap. But what is d sudden change occurred and how can I regulate this without taking hormonal tablets. And one more ques is that true women with pcos never get pregnant.?
Doctor, My wife is finding it difficult to perform few sex styles like" coming from behind" She says she is feeling painful at stomach where stitches were put post C section delivery. Its more than 2 years since delivery. Still she is not comfortable. Any reason to worry?
I am a 19 year old girl and I very often feel dizzy, weak and sluggish. My periods are highly irregular and I experience heavy bleeding. In the past I have been diagnosed with Anemia. I need to know what to do to improve my iron absorption.
1)Don’t have those food which cause acidity , in front of children
( preferably don’t have them).
2) For older children talk to them
Try tl make them understand that the discomfort due to acidity is due to those particular food, that often helps cut down tantrums.
3) If they still insist , control the amount which they can have of favorite foods which you know cause reflux..., lesser the better.
4) Make them avoid these food at bedtime ,as lying down will make acid reflux worse.Bedtime atleast 2 to 3 hours after meals.
5) Dinner time should be early to avoid lying down with a full stomach
6)Make a habit of drinking plenty of water.When they see you drinking water , they will drink water too
7) Avoid spicy food as they generally make acidity worse.
8) Eat healthier as a family and not just for the child
9) If the baby drinks milk at bedtime try to gradually replace the calories from milk with semisolid or solid food earlier in the evening
.A satisfied child who has a full stomach , is more likely to listen to reason than a hungry crabby child.
Your children’s health is in your hand .Be aware and take care.
Acid reflux is not to be ignored
Hello Doctor, My age is 32 l am having some problems in conceiving My Amh level is low 0.30 I have been asked to go for Ivf with donor egg. Today is my 3rd day of menses and I am having menstrual cramps in my lower abdomen and pain in left side of low abdomen and having fever also 101 degree. My cycle has started from 5th day I am asked to take tablet ovral g one tablet for 20 days and then asked to come on 13th June for some injection. I will visit general physician today for fever and cramps. The medicine he will gve Will not clash with my Ivf cycle. Is there any precaution I need to take. Any diet changes Pls reply. Thanks.
Hi, I have a cyst in my left ovary. M taking contraceptive pills from last 4 months. Bt still I do not get proper periods. Flow is very less and last for only 3 days. I want to know how long wil it take to properly remove the cyst and get normal periods.
Procrastination is a phenomenon that all people are familiar with. It is the squandering away of time in the pursuit of meaningless fulfillments at the cost of important targets and responsibilities. The more urgent tasks are constantly being put off for a later time.
In some cases, it becomes a chronic problem that can lead to severe difficulties in life. When one keeps delaying the confrontation of essential commitments, it can have a tremendous negative impact on life in the form of failure, stress, and embarrassment.
Whether you are a chronic procrastinator or an occasional one, there is always room for improvement. Following are a few examples of ways in which you can keep procrastination at bay:
1. Make a list - This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid procrastinating. It is helpful if one lists down all the necessary things that need to be done. Having a visual reminder of tasks and goals can increase motivation to accomplish them at the earliest.
2. Set a deadline - Time management is the most important aspect of avoiding procrastination. For every task that you set yourself, chalk out a time frame within which it must be completed so that no time is wasted.
3. Fragment your goals - Consider breaking your tasks into a set of mini-tasks and tackling each of those at a time instead of trying to accomplish the entire thing at one go. The larger the task, the more overwhelming it appears. Mini-tasks are easier to complete and hence this method can help in the prevention of procrastination.
4. Reward yourself - Devising a reward system that lets you celebrate accomplishments can act as a boost to morale and provide motivation for working consistently. Treat yourself after every achievement as a prize for all your efforts.
5. Eliminate all distractions - There will always be distractions all around that keep you from focusing on your goals. These add to the tendency to procrastinate and must be identified, and removed from the environment in which you are required to work.
6. Start right away - As the saying goes, there's no time like the present. Taking immediate action is the only real way to avoid procrastination. Identify your goals and get started on them at the earliest in order to achieve the fruits of your labor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
The human body consists of a wide variety of bacteria which are either good or bad for your body. The general image of bacteria is that they only cause harm to your body, but this is not the actual scenario and there are many types of good bacteria as well which are actually beneficial for your health. Probiotics are health supplements that usually contain live bacteria to be consumed in solid or liquid form. One of the most important functions of probiotics is that they help in ensuring a functional and healthy digestive system.
Why are they beneficial for you?
Whenever you experience a fall in the good bacteria count inside your body due to activities like taking heavy antibiotic medications on a regular basis, then probiotics come into the picture. Probiotics actually reverse the change caused by antibiotics and raises the good bacteria inside your body. Additionally, probiotics also help in maintaining a proper balance between the good and the bad bacteria inside your body.
All the probiotics are classified into 2 broad groups, but you should always consult your dietician before choosing a probiotic for yourself.
- Lactobacillus - This is the most common form of probiotic, which is usually present in fermented foods and yoghurt. It is most beneficial in cases where people cannot digest lactose (the sugar present in the milk consumed).
- Bifidobacterium - This is the second category of good bacteria and it mostly regulates and speeds up the activities related to your digestive system. It is usually found in most of the dairy products and it helps to cure a disorder called Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
In order to ensure safe usage of probiotics, you should always consult your doctor before opting for such a health supplement.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.