Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saptarishi Bhattacharya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saptarishi BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old man I have diabetes fasting sugar 136 and post lunch sugar 272 kindly advise me tablet on diabetes.
I am 24 years, recently dignosed from pcos and thyroid(tsh 6. 16). Irregular menstrual cycles, weight gain(currently 63kgs), acne problem, sleep disorder. Please suggest me with natural ways to cure it and to loose weight. Thanks
My wife is not conceiving as it's 18 months passed of our marriage, she has thyroid problem but it's Normal now as she is taking medicine for that, and one lady doctor suggested OVALIFE plus for 3 months but no positive results till now. She has 28 days cycle of menstruation and bleeding is for 4 days only and some times period comes 3 -4 days earlier and sometimes 7 days later. please help.
I am 58 Years old diabetic patient. My calcium value is 8.77 mg/dl and Blood urea nitrogen 20. 6 mg/dl and Creatinine - serum 1.15 mg/dl .i am taking clinic and bicadex multivitamin. Pl suggest shall it be continued or stopped. Especially for creatinine status. What shall be done for it or it is normal or ok.
My father suffering from kidney problem. Creatine serum is 3.75 and uric acid 76. But all things are good in report please suggest me how much kidney damage now.
Mera age 49 hai mujhe 10 sal se daibetes hai main wife se sex nahi kar pata hun 1-2minute ke andar dichcharg hojatahun bahut thakat mahsus karta hain aap mere isi dawai batayen jo sex ka aanad le sakun.
Sugar level in blood increase, more than 200 Also high blood pressure problem Please suggest natural foods to control bp & sugar in blood.
For a normal human how much wil be sugar levels and in diabetic how much wil sugar levels. If a man has 160 means he had sugar r not. How much is good control of sugar levels.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, with the incidence mainly increased by changing lifestyles including food habits and sedentary way of life. How does it happen? The sugar that is consumed is metabolized by a hormone known as insulin. Diabetes can occur due to two reasons:
- Reduced amount of insulin production
- Increased amount of sugar levels beyond what the produced insulin can metabolize.
Risk factors: Diabetes can be genetic, but in most cases, it is acquired and the following are risk factors for the same.
- Ethnicity (Hispanics, Latino Americans, Afro-Americans, etc.)
- Dietary habits including excessive consumption of sugar(s), refined foods, processed foods
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Developing resistance to insulin (thereby increased sugar levels)
- Decreased amount of dietary fiber
- Increased thirst
- Increased appetite
- Increased urination
- Increased fatigue
- Unintended weight loss
- Dryness and itching of skin
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Reduced sensation in the lower limbs
Management through Lifestyle changes:
Diabetes 1 which requires insulin is not preventable but type 2 diabetes is easily manageable through lifestyle changes. This can prolong the onset of getting diabetes and reduce the severity of the disease. It also helps reduce complications. This would require a combination of diet, lifestyle changes, and healthcare.
- Sugars are the main culprit, and refined sugar consumption should be reduced.
- Oils, white rice, refined flour, processed foods, packaged foods, canned foods, etc. also to be reduced.
- Increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce calories and also increase fiber consumption.
- When it comes to fats, increase consumption of unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids.
- Sufficient hydration ensures the toxins are washed off and the tissues are well hydrated.
- Pack the diet with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Diabetes is considered a chronic inflammatory process, and including antioxidants in your diet ensures that the buildup of toxins is reduced and inflammation is controlled.
- Avoid eating large portions at any meal. Small, frequent meals ensure the body receives an even spread of calories.
- The size of the meal should reduce as the day goes along.
- A routine exercise regimen helps in weight management, improved insulin function, and reducing fat accumulation. Pick what works for you - jogging, cycling, running, swimming, brisk walking, etc.
- Quitting smoking has multiple benefits, and improved diabetes control is just one.
- Weight management: Weight needs to be constantly monitored for deviations and immediate course corrections to be done
- Stress management: Stress is a risk factor for diabetes and controlling stress helps improve diabetes control
- Vigilance and Monitoring: Sugar levels need to be constantly monitored. Higher sugar levels or missed doses should be immediately corrected.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!