Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sapna V. Roshni
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna V. RoshniYour feedback matters!
Good Morning Doctor I have a Dark Circle for many years. 12 Laser setting are given of my dark circle of interval of 15 days period before 2 years back. But results are not there dark circle are persistent. What are the best solution of my dark circle are permanently fade?
I am daily coming my skin is dal and body black please help me how to fair my face and body and body tang problem and my skin very oily skin which shop use after coming please help me.
I have a problem of hair falling. If I go for hair transplant so it will be safe or not? Or it has any side effect?
Most men, about 60%, see some development of breast tissue in their lifetime. This growth could be round, symmetrical and occurs bilaterally. This growth of breast tissue in males is medically known as gynecomastia.
- The most common cause is an imbalance between the oestrogen and androgens, with excessive oestrogens leading to the growth of breast tissue.
- Excessive use of anabolic steroids
- Unknown reasons
It can affect men of all ages, and if this presents as a serious problem, then surgery is the most definitive form of treatment.
Surgical options: There are two major options available for correcting gynecomastia – liposuction and excisive surgery.
- Done either under local sedation or under general anaesthesia depending on the extent of the tissue proliferation
- A small incision is made either in the armpit or around the areola
- Excessive fat tissue and breast gland tissue are suctioned out
- The chest contour also is altered at the same time, if desirable
- Post-surgery, the person is made to wear a compression garment for the first few days
- This helps in keeping the tissue in place and also helps reduce swelling
- Healing takes about a couple of weeks’ time, depending on the person’s overall health status and the extent of surgery.
- This is done when the extent of gynecomastia is more severe
- These people would have sagging, stretched skin around the breast area
- More amount of fat and glandular tissue can be removed through excision
- This is more often done under general anaesthesia
- The incision is often done around the areala (dark portion around the nipple) so it is concealed or along the natural creases which are formed due to excessive breast tissue
- Excessive breast tissue is removed and the incisions are closed
- There could be swelling, pain, bruising, and higher chances of post-surgical infections
- Recovery will take about ten days to two weeks
- Refraining from exercise is often advised for up to 2 weeks
- Restore a masculine appearance
- Shorter surgery
- Faster recovery
- Minimal or invisible scars
- Almost immediate results that can be dramatic
- Improved confidence and self-image
After the surgery:
- Surgery is definitely a sure way to remove the male breast tissue, it is almost a permanent treatment for this condition.
- It is very important to get a trained, experienced surgeon for the procedure
- It is important to follow post-op instructions including pain management, infection control, and recovery
- If it was caused by use of steroids or obesity, lifestyle modification is essential to prevent recurrence
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!