Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Acute Diarrhea
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
My daughter is 7 yrs old. 4 days ago she got fever of 99.5 degree for 2 days. Complained of pain in lower abdomen. Her urine exam showed 5-7 rbc and 3-4 pus cells. Her usg is normal. No fever now but she occassionaly complaints of pain. Motion is very hard.
My newborn is 17 days old today. His birth was 2.6 Kg. He had jaundice on 4th day measuring 16.97. After phototherapy it reduced to 8.9 on 8th day. We got it tested again on 16th day and came out to be 12.28. Doc has said that its ok. I am getting massage daily from dai which is typical indian practice post partum. I want to know is it possible that it might be affecting his recovery. I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby and he is pooping and passing urine normally. Doc said that we have blood group incompatibility I am o+ baby is b + and hubby is ab+.What shall I do speed up my babies recovery. By what time shall I expect him to recover?
I am 32 years old I have baby of 7 months but today I am finding blood in urine why please ans as soon as possible.
Dear Sir, My child go for potty in morning and I seen worm in his potty so please tell me solutions for this problem.
My baby boy is 2.7 years old but not speaking as other babies in his age group. He talks in his own language and communicate by sign/signals. He also does not chew food and having difficulty to sallow it, I need to give him semi solid food or need to blend it, otherwise he will vomit it. I consulted my baby's pediatrician (and few more doctors) and he said its normal and asked to wait till 5 years. Please suggest me the solution for the both. For speech, should I consult a speech therapist?
Hello doctor, I have small question. From my father side hereditary tuberculosis disease s there. I'm a mother to three months old son. Is there chance of getting primary complex or TB to my son or not. I'm little worried in this. Please guide me.
My 7 year old son still bed wets 3 to 4 times at night. Even if he sleeps for 2 hours in the afternoon he bedwets. Wen he was few months old he had recurring episodes of UTI. A urologist did MCU and the report was normal. After the age of 1 he never had UTI. But bedwetting continues even in summers. Please advise He has hard and irregular motions as well!
I HAVE A 7 YRS OLD DAUGHTER. THREE YRS BACK SHE WAS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL FOR 2 DAYS FOR DEHYDRATION. FROM THEN ON SHE HAS A LOT OF ITCHING ON HER BODY. IT KEEPS OCCURRING IN 2-3 MONTHS GAP. PLEASE SUGGEST SOME REMEDY
I have a 23 days old baby girl but she didn't cry after birth. She was admitted in nursery NICU for 20 days. Now she is at the home. But she is not crying yet and have no normal activity like a healthy child. Feeding and medicine is giving by tube. She is suffered from birth asphyxia. AGA. RDS. HIE grade 2nd. Sepsis. Shock. ATN. Please give opinion.
My 19 months old baby girl feel much pain while passing stool for last one month. Is it normal or a series problem.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.