Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanyam Malhotra
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Submit a review for Dr. Sanyam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I consulted Dr Sanyam, who is a known physiotherapist in Delhi, for heel pain. My daily activities were suffering because of heel pain due to which I was quite depressed. She is very patient with all her patients. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I am so much benefitted with her heel pain treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I am almost my normal self post the treatment . I owe her a big thnak :)
I had a bone fracture about 2 months ago. Few days later after the plaster was removed from my hand, I started feeling pain in the same area. I wanted to consult physiotheapist. One of my colleague suggested em to visit Dr Sanyam Malhotra who is a famous physiotheapist in Delhi. She treated me really well. I had a great experience with him. She gave me total 6 sessions and I am completely fine now.
dr Sanyam malhotra gave me a treatment for the problem of my back Pain. She doesn't just randomly start the treatment, but first properly diagnoses the problem. She is the best in physiotherapy. I am very thankful to her staff Wellness Physiotherapy & Homoeopathic Clinic in Delhitoo.
I was having this finger pain, from quite long for which I consulted Dr Sanyam Malhotra. The finger pain treatment was quite beneficial. Though It was not a big problem but stil my daily activities were sufeering. I thank her for the treatment.
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you for your kind suggestion and i think it will help me a lot
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. Thaks sir for your valuable suggestions, will follow your advice.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. Thnx... I am taking livogen xt and polibian l
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are caring, prompt and professional. Dear sir Thanks for your valuable answer
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are practical, very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. Thanks Doctor, :)
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. Very encouraging feedback.Thanks Doctor for your advive
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be knowledgeable. Thanks Doctor hope that it'll work
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. Thanks sir i m thyroid patient
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be helped me improve my health. Thank you
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are sensible and knowledgeable. Thanks for ur words..
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. Thank you very much
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. Thank you sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. THANKS A LOT
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be very helpful. Thanks Doc
Dr. Sanyam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful. You are very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sanyam Malhotra to be caring. Thanks
Stabbing low back episodic pain. Not radiating. Doctor told me muscle weakness after watching xray report. I am just 25. I am in fear of surgery. please guide.
I'm suffering from back pain since last 6 months. I get suffering after having the sleep of 2 hours. It is continuously pain till the morning. Because of it I can't get the proper sleep. After this it will not pain for the whole day.
Hi, One doctor Recommend to me to take thalix 100 mg in case of arthritis when I take a single medicine I realised pain starting in my left leg what should I do.
My father (52) suffering from knee pains any treatment to knee pain any tables or ointment please give advice to me.
Doctor I have pain in my lower back and my left side from thigh to toe is paining and sometimes I have pain in my neck region also I when I stand with in the cold water cold water bath I think that pain is increasing thank you doctor please reply.
Hi, My mom is suffering from full of body Joint pain. Not able to walk. How to identify is this symptoms of chikungunya or any other disease.
My age is 20. I have seen a little swelling in foot very little swelling but no pain nothing else I cannot know how is it swell but I walk very much everyday but my only one foot is very little swell and please say it is serious or not bcoz my another foot is normal. please say it is normal or not.
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.