Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh SharmaYour feedback matters!
Veginal dryness after remove both ovaries due to small cysts pain in intercourse Please advice so that can I enjoy sex. Thanks
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when the menstruation ceases, bringing an end to a woman's childbearing years. There are a number of symptoms that mark this stage, including hot flashes, which are very commonly experienced in such cases. Hot flashes are like a feeling of a red hot flush that may wash over the body and lead to excessive sweating. It occurs in the blood vessels that are closest to the surface of the skin. Yet, menopause is not the only reason why one may experience these hot flashes.
Here are some of the reasons that may trigger these hot flashes:
1. Carcinoid syndrome: This is a disease that may cause hot flashes as a symptom. In this condition, a tumour will usually release varied chemicals into the body, which can create varied symptoms that seem like hot flashes.
2. Hyperthyroidism: Overheating of the body and the system from within is something that many patients suffering from hyperthyroidism may experience. This usually happens when the thyroid glands end up producing too much of the thyroid hormone that brings about many symptoms ranging from depression to weight loss and even hot flashes. In hyperthyroidism, the body goes into a hyper mode, which usually leads to overheating of the same. This gives rise to frequent and often severe hot flashes.
3. Hormonal changes: There are many hormonal changes that may affect various men and women from time to time. A drop in the level of the estrogen hormone is something that many women go through on a regular basis. This may happen due to pregnancy as well. Also, this condition usually brings about symptoms like hot flashes.
4. Eating disorders: The way we eat and nurture our body is the way the body reacts. When there is a case of an eating disorder like dyslexia or bulimia, it may lead to varied symptoms, including hot flashes. This is due to the fact that the body's hormonal levels as well as the nutritional level plunge to an all-time low. In many such cases, hot flashes are the body's way of demanding better nutrition. These disorders can also give rise to related conditions like the hypothalamus disorder.
5. Hypothalamus disorder: Hypothalamus disorder may also cause hot flashes. This is a condition that is caused due to poor eating habits. This disorder is characterised by a major drop in one's nutrition levels and also leads to many hormonal changes. These changes often lead to symptoms like hot flashes and other related complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
This soft disc can degenerate leading to a rupture of the disc and leakage of the jelly like material. This is one of the common causes of compression of the nerve the patient will suffer from significant pain in lower back that radiates down to the leg - sciatica
I have cramps during periods. I used to take 2-3 meftal spac a day. Is it harmful? Can you suggest any alternatives of meftal spac which are less harmful?
My wife have abnormal periods for last two month 28 oct then 11nov then 24 nov then 12 dec Please tell me what may be the reason.
A man and woman’s bodies are completely different from each other. It’s not merely the structure or appearance that is different but it is also the functioning, internal systems and sub-systems that are quite distinct. Therefore, men and women are affected by different diseases at different ages and conditions. But there are quite a few diseases that are common in women but, are also found in men. Some of those diseases are-
Breast cancer- It’s a popular but false conception that only females have breasts. The reality is that males have breasts too! Men are affected by breast cancer, though not as frequently as women, but they do!
Osteoporosis- This disease of weakened bones is usually found in women. Men too suffer from this disease that is hard to discover due to the lack of symptoms.
Lupus- The inflammatory disease is found in men on rare occasions, but the fact is- it does!
Eating disorders- Under-eating or over-eating due to depression or issues concerning body image has always been synonymous with women. But, men also develop irregular eating habits depending or moods, mental state and anxiety over self-image.
HPV- This sexually transmitted disease is commonly found in women but factually it can develop in men as well. It is difficult to discover it via tests and even hard to find symptoms, but it does occur in men in a few cases.
Migraines- Men and women both suffer from migraines though the frequency of it is observed more in women.
Rheumatoid arthritis- This is a common disease found in women, 70% of the affected people are women hence it is perceived that it is a ‘woman’s; disease. It develops in men as well, especially after a certain age.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi I have intercourse in missionary position with my wife due to which my body weight falls on her stomach is it safe if she is about to get pregnant will pregnancy effect if I put my body weight on her stomach during intercourse.
My period started on day 29 of my cycle.Its cramping.I am 38 years of old ttc for 2 years.No pregnancy now.What could be my next step?
My gf whom I m going to marry soon has period on 23 of month regularly and normally. Can she use Saheli as contraceptive pill? If so then when should she start taking the pills and when should we start having sex without any condom after marriage so that she could not become pregnant at least for six months.
I am a married guy. It has been 3 years of our marriage. What is the best day or time for sex so that my wife becomes pregnant. I am talking about the best day after the periods of her. Please tell. Thanks in advance.
I'm having scanty periods form 2 years now I'm using prognova 2 mg tablets .are they safe or they increase cancer risk?
I hd my periods on may12th nd till now I didn't get periods. I hv done test but its negative. But doctor had test my pulse nd telling tht I'm conceive. Was ths possible that I'm conceived it nit. Niw its mostly rd month. I didn't get my periods.
My is 75 kg I am physical strong but I want slim beach body Daily doing 30 min power yoga eating roti 3 n sabji rice n fruits yogurt drinking how much time it take to loose weight Exactly please reply me very nice ans.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
If I sex with my partner during her period it is good for both please suggest me fast please I have done sex with her in period.
Sonf - 100 gm
Isabgol - 100 gm
Cardamom (small) - 100 gm
Mix all well with sugar (300 gm)- store this granulated powder well.
Consume 10 gm in morning before breakfast with lukewarm water.
Repeat 10 gm at night after meals with lukewarm water.
1. Personal prophylactic measures
A. Use mosquito repellent cream, liquid, mats, etc.
B. Wear full sleeves shirts and full pants with socks
C. Use bed net for sleeping infants and young children's to prevent mosquito bit
2. Environmental management and source reduction methods
A. Identify and eliminate mosquito breeding sources
B. Prevent collection of water on roof tops, porticos and sunshades
C. Properly cover the stored water
D. Frequently change water in water pots, flower vases, water coolers, etc
E. Waste must be disposed properly and should not be allowed to collect
3. Biological and chemical control
A. Use larva I or ousted fish in ornamental tank and fountain, etc
B. Use biocide or chemical larvicides for control of mosquitoes breeding
C. Aerosol space spray
4. Health education
A. Impart knowledge to common people regarding measures to reduce vector breeding and safe guard for preventing mosquito breeding
Homoeopathic medicine for prevention
- Eupatorium perforatum 200
- Rhus tox 200
- Bryoniaabla 200
1 of these can be taken twice a day for 3 days as prophylaxis