Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjivni KhannaYour feedback matters!
We had sex on 7th and 8th may. Without condom. And after that I gave her" i-pill" tablet. Used to avoid pregnancy. And her ti. Img of periods are approx 10-12th of may. But there is no sight of it until now. What should we do. She doesn't want pregnancy now.
I am 21 years and I am pregnant from 7 weeks my last period date 7 sep and I have sonography yesterday fetal heart beat not hear so doctor says you are miscarriage what to do please tell me.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
In kaya, the doctor decides the area to be lased and gives the readings but the service is performed by trained beauty therapists.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Rarely it may cause skin discolouration and mild burns if not done under the right guidance of the doctor.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed by a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am trying three year for conceive ,but failed due to chocolate cyst. I have laparoscopy operation in 2011. We married in 2013. One year later, we are trying, period is regular. We visited many doctors but no result taking many medicines. What can we do now?
My girlfriend had only blood spots instead of normal discharge during her periods this time. We had sex 15-16 days before periods but we used condoms. Is she pregnant?
I am 28 years old and it's been a year. I got married. I am not getting pregnant. My prolactin test is normal.
I had swelling, itching and Redness problem in vagina, I used flucort ointment, now I don't have swelling and redness but sometimes I still get itching and different discharge color (yellowish. What should I use to get solved this problem?
STDs are nothing but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
1. Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
2. Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases, and thus your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
3. Stop sharing items: Sharing under-garments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
4. Avoid multiple sex-partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
5. Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
6. Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 29 years old female. I have delivered second baby before 4 months by c-section. After delivery I got mummy tummy that's diastasis Recti. How to recover from this Recti problem.
1) pineapple - 1slice
2) eggs white - 3 boiled
3) avocado - 2 pieces
4) almond - 10 pieces
5) dried plum - 3 small
6) quinoa - 1/2 cup cooked
7) celery - 1/2 cup raw
8) turkey - 1 1/2 gram
9) grapefruit - 1/2 small
10) edamame - 1/2 cup cooked
My wife is 9 week pregnant n she is having more symptoms like vomiting headache n backache after eating anything she vomits she do not like any food pls pls suggest what food to eat n how to control vomiting.
Hi. I'm 2 months pregnant. Can I have intimate relation with my husband or is it required to complete your first trimester?
Dear sir, madam am 25 years old girl having PCOD since last TWO years. I am married. Please tell me what food should avoided and what food should be included. I am also having thyroid (TSH).
What is your usual morning routine? wake up, have some coffee, open your eyes and let the day begin. Coffee is addictive and how! there are people whose day cant end unless they're consumed their daily 5 cups of coffee. Its very important to understand when to take coffee in how much quantity so that, you can benefit rather than health issues. You could be the judge of that after reading these pro’s and cons of the effect of coffee on our health
Coffee is made from seeds, and like all other seeds it has protective compounds. Coffee can prevent strokes as well as lower our risk of parkinson's and dementia.
Coffee boosts our concentration and memory
Coffee lowers the risk of oral cancer. Decaf has a much weaker effect for the same while tea had no effect at all.
Studies show that high consumption of caffeine reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
The caffeine in coffee controls many brain functions e. G. Mood, energy levels, vigilance and even reaction time.
Caffeine can boost ones metabolic rate drastically, which basically means an increase in the burning of fat weight loss!
A single cup of coffee contains vitamin b5, vitamin b2, potassium, manganese and magnesium all essential and important nutrients.
Coffee contains stimulants which can drastically lower the risk of developing depression.
Coffee can disrupt sleep patterns which leads to restless sleep and finally insomnia.
Coffee can lead to spinal bone loss in those people who aren't getting enough calcium on a daily basis.
The acidity in coffee can irritate your stomach lining which could eventually lead to ulcers, gastritis and even crohn's disease!
The over consumption of coffee can lead to headaches, and sometimes even migraines.
Caffeine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure levels those with blood pressure problems must limit themselves.
Regular coffee drinkers are at a risk of dehydration they must take measures to ensure they're always hydrated.
You've got the rundown on its effects, now it's your turn to choose your side. Pro coffee or anti coffee?
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
Please Suggest any effective ECP. I had unprotected sex last night. I'm worried about pregnancy. Please suggest any effective pills for termination for pregnancy.
This is my first month of pregnancy. I feel very tired and sleepy all the time. I am working. I feel too sleepy in office. What to do? I am facing indigestion too. Please help.
I have married 1 and half year, I try to conceive baby but I was failed continues What I do for conceive a baby? Pls help me.
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.