Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Tripathi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev TripathiYour feedback matters!
Does your work require you to sit for long hours? Following a bad sitting posture for a long time can cause a lot of health problems like depression, low energy levels, back or neck pain, fatigue, headache etc. But the good news is that you can correct these posture defects very easily by following a few simple tricks throughout the day. Here’s how.
1. Sit up straight
Sitting up straight is easy if you follow these simple rules.
a. Use an ergonomically designed chair made according to your height and weight as it will provide your body with the required support to sit straight. You can buy such a chair online from any leading furniture shopping website.
b. Ensure that your back remains aligned to the back of your chair to prevent slouching or leaning forward.
c. Try to keep your shoulders straight and squared, paired with an upright head and aligned neck, back, and heels, similar to your standing posture.
2. Ensure that your ears are in line with your shoulders
Use this small trick to maintain the correct posture throughout the day. Whenever you lean forward or backward too much, your ears won’t be in line with your shoulders and you will know that it’s a wrong posture.
3. Uncross your legs
The correct sitting posture requires you to keep your feet grounded. Be careful not to cross your legs and leave one of them hanging in front of you. If your feet find it difficult to reach the ground, you can use a footrest or a small stand for placing them.
4. Take the help of a lumbar support pillow
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion that has been designed to support your spine and help you maintain a straight sitting position. Every time you sit on the chair, the pillow ensures that you sit straight. You can roll up a thick towel and use it instead of a lumbar support pillow as well to get the same benefits.
5. Do some desk exercises at regular intervals
Exercising after sitting for long hours can help you to relax by loosening stiff muscles, besides having the added benefit of correcting your posture. Take small exercise breaks and try out the following workouts, while still sitting on your chair-
a. Maintain an upright position and raise your arms above your head, while ensuring that your elbows remain straight. Bend to your right first and then left, while keeping your fingers interlocked.
b. Extend your left leg forward, while remembering to keep your toes pointed towards the front. Change the position of your toes so that they point upward. Follow the same steps for 5 for times and then do the same with your right leg.
Maintaining a correct posture will not only keep you away from the health hazards of a bad posture, but will also enhance your appearance and increase your energy levels.
I am suffering from severe leg pain during night whenever I go to bed, I don't any other health related issue's only leg pain that too not in morning.Please tell.
I have leg pain neck pain and numbness on one side of neck. Urine urgency at times. Right wrist pain is also there this increases more when I am thinking about pain or working on computers.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain. middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.