Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from knee pain for few years. First left le knee and now right knee and right shoulder. Pain is severe at times irrespective of movement or no movement. I hv undergone physiotherapy treatment two three times at intervals of longtime. What should be my next step to reduce pain irrespective of the movement.
M having dry skin on my face. What to do evn dermatologist recommend creams and face wash also not cry effective.
Hi For why hysteroscopy will do ? anything problem in uterus or summing else, for hysteroscopy how it vl cost, and it's safer side or nt tell me that also
I am 25 years old girl and my weight is just 42kg. My hight is 5 feet 6 inches. Please tell me how can I gain weight. I tried everything. Medicines tonics shakes.
If you are thinking that runner’s knee pain can ony happen to runners or sportsmen, then you are wrong. It can happen to anyone who spends time in doing things that involve bending the knees. It can happen due to activities like walking, biking and jumping. It refers to an aching pain around the kneecap. In medical terms, it is also called patellofemoral pain syndrome.
It doesn’t refer to a particular injury. It is an umbrella term to refer to any pain that happens during knee problems. Here are some of the reasons responsible for runner’s kneecap:
- High stress exercises, such as lunges or plyometrics
- Direct hit in the knee.
- If any of the bones are out of their correct position.
- Hypermobile feet and fallen arches or overpronation can cause joint pain as they change the way you walk.
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles.
What Are the Symptoms of runner's knee?
- You can feel the pain in front, behind, or around the kneecap
- Pain is felt when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or get up from a chair
- Pain is felt when you walk downstairs
- Swelling around your knee or a grinding feeling inside the joint
It can be diagnosed through physical examination and might require X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans.
What's the treatment for runner's knee?
- In most cases, runner’s knee gets better with time. However, the cause of the pain must be identified and then the treatment is done. Here’s what can be done:
- Give rest to your knees. It is best to avoid activities that cause the pain.
- Apply ice pack on the knees to ease the swelling. Repeat this after every 3 to 4 hours in a day and apply the pack for at least 20 minutes.
- Use an elastic bandage or straps to wrap the knees. It gives extra support to the knees and prevents the pain.
- Elevate the leg on a pillow at the time of lying down.
- Take pain killers like ibuprofen or naproxen.
- Indulge yourself in stretching exercises.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!