Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev SharmaYour feedback matters!
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.