Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am suffering from urinary difficulties. Urin can not pass out easily. It takes much time to complete pass out the urin.
My cousin age 21 just had a kidney transplant. Can he live a healthy life? my uncle and aunt are concerned about his marriage and having kid.
From last night I have been facing problems with my urine. The color of urine became light red color. Like a mixture of water and red color. What should I do? Is there anything to be serious?
I'm suffering from kidney stone. Doctors prefer me to drink lots of water and I do. I drink lots of water but still the same. Is there any helpful medicine for the people suffering from kidney stone?
1) I have L4-L5 extrusion seen in scan. Back started started when I did a severe exercise in nov, 2008. Pain sometimes lowers and sometime it aggravates. Severe back pain now at the lower back. 2) I have wrinkled skin and I have become more darker in the last 3 years. I am 40 years. I have works at night shifts till 2 am. Is that a problem for skin? 3) In the last 3 to 5 years, many reddish brown moles have come on the different parts of the body. Some black moles also. 4) Prostate is slightly large and I have frequent urination with residue of 15%. Pls advise.
I am going to frequently urination. I 've type. 2 diabetes. And I am feeling tight in my pelvis. Pls help me.
I have stone in my kidney and it is approximately 5.7 mm and to3.4 mm stone in both kidneys, what is the natural way to treat this problem?
Preventive measures for kidney stones and other diseases like. Fiabities, asthma, red eyes an the major stuff the pimples?
My child 1y 6m cries during passing of urine since 2 days ( she shows the genitals that she has pain there ) Is it urine infection? Please suggest the remedy or medicine.
My age is 18, how much water should I intake daily? Why if I drink less water my urine turns yellow?
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day and urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.