Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev SehgalYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 year old. He is not at all showing interest towards meal/food. Whatever he eats we have to make him eat forcibly. Consulted paediatrician and showed my concern if this is resultant of any worm, but he did not advise any anti-worm medicine. Now I am little worried about possible reason. Please advise what to do?
Need a diet list for 15 year old boy. The list should be of north indian food and it should be routine Monday -friday.
My son though 10 years old yet he looks as if he is 5-6 years old. We are very much concerned about his growth. He is quite active and brainy but is quite depressed with his physic.
I have one kid he is 25 months old he was drinking only milk not eating food so please solve my problem.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 6 years girl getting breast pain one side and they are bit big in size compared to other, please guide me whether I have see Gynecology or pediatrics. Appreciate your early reply.
My baby boy is 30 month old. And he has constant constipation problem from 3-4 month after born. We have to use medicine at list one day in a week to discharge potty. Pls help me .
My nephew has been hospitalized since 3 days. She is Just 9 Months old. She had fever for past 5-6 days. Even after being hospitalized there is no improvement she is not talking meals properly and all the time she is fussy and irritated. What should I do?
How can improve my baby girl weight since 5 months old still at 5.5 kg only present turned in to 11 months please help.
Sir my son is 1 and a half yeqr old n wat ever we gives him no matter milk or solid food he does d vomiting immediately we have consulted few docs but at last we have been told that we have to go for his barrium testing,my doc told that if his intestine is curved den we have to go for an surgery..plz suggest me wat to do
My kid is born as premature and now he is 1.9 Years old and weighing about 9.3kg. Please suggest how to increase his weight. We live in Hyderabad.
My one and a half month old daughter did not sleep from night 2am to morning 12pm yesterday. This is the second time she is doing this. Is this normal? I am very much worried?
Hello, Doctors. My baby is 1 year old. She is not holding the head and close the arms. She is not fold the hands. does She has neuro problem? Please guide me.
Hello docs. My new born baby is caught in cold. What can I do. Any treatment. She is 1 month and 5 days old. Kindly reply with all available options. Pls.
Hello doctor my child had her 2nd DPT injection done actually we had gone to a different paediatrician this time to give her 2nd DPT injection, this pediatrician had given baby easyfive tt and polio injection, is it ok to give easyfive tt? in case of fever due to DPT The pediatrician who we had consulted Us has given us before had prescribed calpol pediatric drops and told us to give 6 ml 3 times a day and this new pediatrician whom we consulted told us to give 9ml for 48 hours and when we asked him why 9ml he told due to increase in baby's weight is it true doctor? after that she is sleeping a lot she is even forgetting to drink milk, she sleep continuous for 6 hours don't know why please help us doctor?
My little baby is 4 years old. She is facing cough, and from 1 week there are so many bumps on her body like rashes. What is it? She not having fever at all.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?