Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.
My 1year 8months son has fever since 4 days. On antibiotic Gladyclav 228 since 3days and MBKcin injection since 2days and Meftal-p for fever, but his temperature still goes upto 103.
My child is now 7 years old. He has undergone 2 stage pull through anal surgery. He has still problems in passing stools, at least goes to poty for 5-6 times in day.
Is olive oil good for new born baby to improve his skin colour. If it is not good please suggest best solution to turn brighter and white.
Hello sir a 5 yrs baby's albumin value is 5+ and not coming to normal for 2yrs will this problem be solved ?
My baby boy is three months old and he is not getting mother feed directly and how he will get start to sick the feed directly.
My friend have some kind of problem every month which pains her back alot. She says every girl face this problem every month and there is no medicine for this problem. Whenever I ask her about this problem she never tells me and I really want to help her. Can you please tell me what is this monthly problem so I can help her?
Mainly used in Ayurved to make Digestive Disorder Powder in powder (Churan Form)
Asafetida also some time used as sedative.
How to use:
Stomach Problem: Dissolve ½ t/s in semi hot water n Drink 2-3 times a day
Ear pain due to cold: Mix Garlic with neem oil & use as ear drops for 2-4 days
Gas: use with Banana
Toothache: Mix with Lime Juice & place it in the effected teeth area
Asthma: Mix with Honey & add Juice of white onion
Its good to use in Diabetes , Heart problem , Sex Debility , Menses problem , Digestive disorder related issue too , etc?Overall its best in home remedy & available in every home.
I am 32 years old. Recently I hv a c section delivered a baby. After that I used some ayurvedic mefic to keep body heat. So now am getting excess dehydration. My total body is burning. Unable to feed baby also am getting fatigue, tired really feeling discomfort. What should I do.
My baby is 1 month and 8 days old. Recently he cries a lot and sleeps only in my lap. As soon as he is put to bed he wakes up and starts crying. Is this normal or he is facing some problem which is not understood by me.
My baby was 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
My daughter is 9 month old. She doesn't crawl at this point. Is she responding late in crawling or is it there any problem in her legs?
My baby boy is three months old. I am feeding him with dexolac as I can not produce milk. Is feeding with dexolac alone enough or do I need to supplement that with any syrup for healthy growth as he is missing my breast milk.
Hallo Doctor. I have a baby boy 4 months old. He was born with a Secondary Cleft Palate which has been advised to be operated by a Cosmetic Surgeon. I want to know where should I get the best treatment in India? I also want to know what is the proper age to have the surgery? Please help. Thank you.
My 6 month old received 1st dose of pcv and hib y'day. Now he has developed skin rashes in hos legs and hands as well. There is, no fever or any other noticeable changes. Is this allergic reaction to the vaccine? Does this require medical attention?
My son (2 years 3 months) is not saying any sentences. He says 1-25, A-Z, knows and says animals, their sounds, colours, shapes, vegetables, body parts etc. He says milk, water, rice etc when needed. Says Hello, Goodnight, bye bye etc. But never says his own name and doesn't interact properly. What to do? Please help.
My daughter aged 6 years suffering from epilepsy for four years since then after medical check up and test she is on valparine syrup without fail and she never had seizures after that as well. We were advised that the medicine will run for years. Should we continue with the same.
My son is 2 years and 6 month old, he is very active, he can says words, identify color, since then he can't speak in sentence form. Could you suggest any ideas to speak as ours.