Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Mulekar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev MulekarYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having a problem with my skin. Rashes on my body on neck, hand and other parts of body. As visited doctor but they didn't able to recover the problem of my problems. As one doctor said it is keralatin.
I am suffering from hair falls. Now I stay in South 24 pgs water problems are increasing here day by day. Every day 10-12 pice hair are fallen. Please give meca solution.
Hai doctor! Past few weeks I get weird feeling on my right hand, it's like current passing through and very little of numbness. It from my shoulder to my thumb. On my thumb above the nail it's constantly numm and feel like no sense. What should I do? Should I consult doctor? If yes which specialises I should. Thanks and regards Yuva.
I am 15 years old and I have pimples on my face. I have used many cream but nothing happen. Say what I can do?
Dyeing one's hair has become a modern fashion trend. Streaks, highlighting with a blond color or changing the hair color altogether is done often to alter one's looks. However most hair colors contain chemical ammonia which causes hair to become brittle and dry. Here are a few tips to color your hair and keep it fabulous, all at the same time. Read on more to find all about it.
One of the most important things to consider before coloring your hair. Deep condition your hair. Avoid applying chemicals to your hair one month prior to the actual coloring. This helps in reducing the damage your hair takes during coloring. It also revitalizes your hair which it received via styling or heat.
- Manage your hair: Make sure that you manage your hair and go for regular trims or haircuts. It will help in coloring if you do not have to manage split ends or breakage.
- Condition your hair: Deep condition your hair to properly boost its strength. Mix banana, egg and yogurt evenly and apply them to your hair. Rinse after an hour. This will make your hair softer and stronger.
- Color on non-shampooed hair: Make sure that you apply color on your hair on a day in which you haven't applied shampoo. It is recommended to not shampoo your hair 2 days prior to coloring as it washes the natural oilspresent in your hair and causes the coloring to result in excess damage to the hair follicles.
- Rinse hair with a protecting shampoo: After applying color make sure that you only apply color protecting shampoos. This helps the color to set in and does not wash it away. Rinse using cold water.
- Wash hair twice a week: Shampooing on a regular basis strips your hair of the natural oils. Restricting it to twice a week ensures that the color on your hair stays for a longer duration.
- Deep condition post coloring: Use almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil to deep condition your hair.
- Avoid blow drying: Blow drying your hair causes it to be extra dry. This can cause damage to your hair. Let your hair dry naturally or if necessary use a cooler setting on your hair dryer.
- Rinse hair with cold water: After colour use cold water as cool water seals your cuticles, controlling frizz and helps in sealing the color in your hair shaft.
- After coloring, wait for some days before you shampoo: When you color your hair, wait at least 24-48 hours to shampoo, preferably longer. If you can go three or four days before shampooing, even better. This will give the color plenty of time to set.
- Apply a hot oil treatment to add luster to colored hair: Hot oil treatments are simple to do at home and help color-treated hair really shine. Apply the treatment oil to clean, towel-dried hair, and cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Apply heat by using a hot towel, blow dryer or even by sitting in the sun. After heating the oil, allow the hair to cool to room temperature and then rinse with cool water.
- Use your hair wash in the right places: Make sure to focus your shampoo on cleansing your root and not on the middle to ends of the hair as this will strip your color over time.
- Blot dry your dyed hair: Rubbing towel on your dyed hair can strip the hair colour more easily. Just blot your hair and let it air dry naturally.
- Stay away from chlorinated water: The majority of tap water is chlorinated in order to kill the bacteria that can cause illness, but the chlorine in tap water can have a negative effect on colored hair. In most cases, the chlorine in tap water is not sufficiently strong to have a major effect of hair but if the added chlorine causes a problem, a filter can remove chlorine in your home’s shower water.
- Heat is the enemy: Yes, it’s true that you're damaging your hair every time you turn on your blow dryer or use that curling iron. Dyed hair is more susceptible to damage, so avoid using blow dryers, curling irons or straightening irons as much as possible. if you wish to use than apply some heat protecting oil or serum and blow dry with low heat settings.
- Sun can also harm or take away your hair colour: Wear hats or scarf while going in sun to keep your hair colour stay longer.
- Eat right diet to keep your hair look great: An overall balanced diet is necessary for a healthy scalp and healthy hair. A diet rich in Protein, Iron, Zinc, Selenium Vitamin C & E, will make your hair look good and helathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.