Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev MohanYour feedback matters!
My eyes are becoming weak day by day, what could be the reason and cure. It is making me frightened as I cannot read distant written texts anymore.
My brother having an eye problem, means left eyeshiled ramblings sometimes and consulted certain eye specialist who recommended to see neuro. Now still the problems persist. Please advice.
Little bump on my right eye lower eyelid. It dosent pain otherwise but When I blink or look at light it does. What are home remedies to soothe it.
Iam 55 and taking regular B. P. And Thyroid and both are under control. These days having backache, joint pains with some noise while standing or action. Also itching in eyes with moisture and not able to get taste of eating home made. Controlling diet also Not getting tastes and feeling tiresome. Working for I. T. Co. Weight 69 height 5.8, thyroxine 50mg. B. P. Tablet metocard xl 50 and LTK 50 are regular dose. Thyroid 4 months bk was 8.8 and now after 4 months is 2.3. B. P normal. Kindly suggest what should I do for better health and backache severe pain.
Regular itching in eyes though not much difficulty in eyesight; suffering chronic Allergic Rhinitis / Bronchitis, I do take SOS LCZ or LIT-M, apart from Thyronorm-75 for managing hypothyroidism; I do suffer from urte- care, occasionally;
I am facing some issues with eyes. Don't know exactly what is this. Its some kind of dryness maybe. What should I do?
I am a student. I am 20 year old. I live in Mumbai. I study late night because of exams. My eyes are itching and feeling lile eyes are getting hot. I can't sleep. Please suggest me what should I do.
I have eye sight. What precautions should I take to control my eye sight. What precautions should I take to control night blindness.
My brother age is 24.& suddenly his left eye is start paining & he literally cry when it happens. It happens after a specific time like after 2-3 days interval. Heas specs as well pls suggest. M worried about him.
I'm 22 I got eye irritation and sneezing from last 3 months I have been consulting doctors and taking tablets but no improvement what should I do now?
I WANT to do laser operation for eyes is it good or danger, also say me how it is treated is there any pain.
I have squint eye problem bt it's nt from birth. Year to year it's becoming severe, can I get solution for tis.
I suffer from eye itching problem, I think this is due to rainy season and traveling, please give me an eye drop. Thanks.
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I am 27 year old male and I feel tired, lazy, red eyes and not concentrate on my work. What should i do?
Dear Dr. Kya aisi koi dawai ya medicin available hai kya jisse aankho ki roshni sahi ho sake .mere -0.5 ka number hai aankho kaa yeah sahi ho sakta hai kya.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.