Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
I get rashes on my face and neck anf rarely on hands. Its itchy and sometimes swollen in tge middle and its surrounded by the rash. It stays for like 10mins and goes away on its own to avoid itching I use boroline can you tell me what causes this rash.
Hi, I m 24 years old boy I have a normal skin not so dark or not so fair and I use olay cream. If winters is come so suggest me any winter's cream by which my completion is not go down. And what type of cream I have to use ?
I am getting pimples and black heads on my face and black spots how can I remove that all please give me some ointment name, than.
Foot problems are common among all people. Some foot problems are minor while some are severe and require immediate medical attention or surgery for treatment.
Here are some common foot problems, which require surgery:
- Bunions: These are bony lumps, which develop on the side of a foot and also at the base of the big toe. Bunions occur due to a condition called hallux valgus. This causes the big toe joint to bend in the direction of the other toes, resulting in deformity. This condition requires surgical correction. The surgery required is known as osteotomy, and it involves the straightening of the big toe and metatarsals.
- Hammertoes: Hallux valgus may result in your other toes being clawed or bent permanently. This condition is called hammer toes.
The damage can be eased by:
- Arthroplasty: It involves the removal of a deformed joint between the toe bones, resulting in joint flexibility.
- Arthrodesis: This process fuses the phalange and makes the toe stable.
- Metatarsal surgery: In some cases, the forefoot joints may get damaged due to the inflammation of the joint lining or synovitis, which results in arthritis. These joints are called metatarsophalangeal joints and they can get dislocated due to arthritis damage. Pain and discomfort are felt. Surgery is required when the symptoms are very severe and other treatments fail. The nature of surgery depends on the severity. The most common surgery is done on the big toe to remove the heads of the metatarsophalangeal joints.
- Ankle arthritis: This condition occurs because of osteoarthritis. The cartilages, which cover the ends of the bones roughen and get thin, which further thicken the bone underneath. It also results because of other rheumatic conditions. Pain and swelling is caused with an occasional joint deformity. Surgery may be required when the symptoms are very severe. The three major surgical options for treating ankle arthritis are ankle fusion, triple fusion and ankle replacement.
- Achilles tendon disorders: The Achilles tendon accounts for being the largest body tendon and great force is put through it when moving the lower leg muscles. This wears down with old age and causes swellings within the tendon accompanied by pain. Sometimes, surgery is required for fixing this condition.
- Morton's neuroma: This is a painful condition in which a nerve that gives sensation or feelings to the nearby toes is affected. The nerves are affected in the third and fourth toes. In case the symptoms are severe, a surgery is required.
Foot problems are prevalent in many people and they may occur due to various conditions or reasons. In case of severe symptoms, some foot problems require surgery for treatment. The most appropriate surgical method should be undertaken.
I am 27 years old male, having skin problems on the foot. My skin looks like rough skin (skin scaling). I am suffering since one and half years back. Could you please suggest me, what should I do? Or which medicine I need to take for this problem? Thanks in advance, harish.
Say bye to blemishes and pigmentation. Consult our expert dermatologists today!
For appointments, contact: +91-9911100050 (rajouri garden); +91-9911300050 (new rajinder nagar)
#dermaworldskincare #rajourigarden#rajindernagar #drrohitbatra #enhanceyourskin #feelbeautiful #noblemishes
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. Iuse scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have burning in penis, sole and anus, I think my stomach is always full. I go to doctor and he do endoscopy and said this is due to moderate pan gastritis, H pylori. Is it true? Are the symptoms of gastritis, H pylori. Also my mouth get dry very soon. And I tests every food as spicy.
Many Indians are crazy about fair skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain a fair complexion. The media bombards you daily with very catchy advertisements of creams, lotions, sunscreens and other unscientific products that claim to make your skin fairer. Do you know that your skin colour is darker for very good evolutionary and biological reasons and that medically speaking, it is good that you do not have very fair skin?
Darker skin is adapted to sunlight and has increased quantity of a pigment called melanin. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin. And the safer you are! Melanin along with other factors, acts as a “natural umbrella” and prevents harmful radiation from entering your skin. These are just some of the reasons why black skin is safe and beautiful:
- You are less prone to sunburns: White skinned individuals often get painful, carrot-red or tomato-red inflamed sunburns on exposure to sunlight. Some individuals also get blistering sunburns requiring aggressive medical treatment to control the reaction. Your darker skin allows you to spend much longer time on the beach and you probably have never ever experienced any blister due to sunlight.
- You do not experience photo-ageing: Fine and deep wrinkles, broken blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, freckles, age spots and rough scaly spots called keratosis are commonly seen in white skinned individuals with long term sun exposure. These set of changes are called photo-aging. Because of natural sun protection, your Indian skin remains has less wrinkles and is smoother, even when exposed to the same amount of sunlight.
- You are less prone to skin cancers: Without melanin, you can imagine white skin as a transparent covering, which allows harmful UV light to penetrate through into the lower layers of the skin. This radiation causes damage to the DNA and a few cells may mutate to cause skin cancers, some of which are deadly. You are lucky that your “natural umbrella” blocks UV light effectively and cells in different layers of the skin suffer much less damage compared to white-skinned individuals. However, don’t forget to see a dermatologist in case you see any new bump, or in case you see any change in(a)symmetry, border, color, diameter or evolution (ABCDE) of any existing moleon your skin.
However, on the flip side, since your skin is effective in shielding you from sunlight, you are also prone to Vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is required for the production of Vitamin D and darker skinned individuals are more prone to this deficiency. Talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.
Sunscreens were developed to protect against sunburns and skin cancers and you probably do not need them as a routine, unless you work outdoors, on beaches or on mountains. Stay away from skin brightening creams, since many of them contain compounds which permanently damage your skin and organs. Make it a point to consult a dermatologist before putting any medication on your skin. Be proud and be happy that you have dark Indian skin.