Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev Kumar AroraYour feedback matters!
I am19 year old and I am having pain in my eyes and also the pimples on my face and I want to get rid of pimples how cani get clear skin without any surgery.
I am suffering for the pimples in last 2year and another skin problems can you suggest what will done.
I am 15 years old but for me white hair is growing from past 1 year. What should I do to stop this white hair growing and get back my normal black hair?
Hi I am 30 years old lady. I am noticing that my hairs falling drastically from last two - three months. When I get open my hair its falls even I don't use comb. I am having long and straight hair but become very thin. Please suggest . My hair gets oily automatic after 2 days of hair wash.
Hello Sir. My hair is getting whiter day by day. Is there any medicine which can help me in reducing its colour. Please help.
Hai sir, This Devendra, My Hair is fillings falling. How to control hair falling. Please give me you best suction.
I m 30 years old. I facing skin problems. I mean my skin looks like very dry. This kind of skin is more in leg and hands. I need to take treatment. please suggest
My hair is falling since I was staying in a place. Where I use to take bath with hard water and contains fluorine which damaged my hair too now I shifted from that place and need serious help to improve my hair.
I am 18 male and have a lot of white hairs spotted frstly a few months back and they are on an increase. Is there any cure of it or should I consider using dyes or so?
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.